George Carlin still going strong....

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I had the opportunity to see George Carlin live last night. Have always been a big fan of his. Mr. Carlin put on a spectacular show. Very enjoyable.

George Carlin was born May 12, 1937. He put on a wonderful show for an hour and did not slow down once. From the time he walked on stage till the time he walked off he had the audience rolling on the floor. He received a standing ovation at the end of his routine. Well deserved.

He is doing well for 70 years old. Keeping busy is the key to a long life. His style of humor may be a bit crude for some folks, but I enjoy his humor.

Ray S

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! He IS good... gotta tell ya a "personal" story; a few years ago, I was in a meeting with various pastors of the local churches here; one of the pastor turned to me and said... "You look like George Carlin..."; I said "Who?" (forgotten about him... haven't heard or seen him, since the Vietnam War...). I scratched my head... pondering; then it dawned on me who George was... I beamed at them, and said... "Oh yeah, George Carlin... want me to tell ya a 'dirty joke'?" They ALL went... NO, NO... NO!! :D ;D

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
GunFarce said:
AND... All 7 of those words can now be said on television.. At least in Canada ;D

I think it is sad when we can expose our children to such vulgarity, especially on TV. Just MHO.

Ray S

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Ray S ECenFL said:
GunFarce said:
AND... All 7 of those words can now be said on television.. At least in Canada ;D

I think it is sad when we can expose our children to such vulgarity, especially on TV. Just MHO.

Ray S

That's where parental supervision is supposed to come into play.. Broadcasters using typical standards of unacceptable language, or situations during the time when a child may be watching, should be held to task.. However.. After that time (and this is where the parental responsibility comes in) no television station, or broadcaster of any type has the right to censor what 'I' see and hear.. That's personal choice, and also what the remote control is for..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions