Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Most people think most of the planets are light years away, the speed of dark is infinite, time is not a factor as we know it. I think that more advanced planets may travel at infinite speeds. If they exist it is possible they could compress, become a black hole and decompress when they arrived near Earth, I'm not an alien so I have no idea how they do it, or if they exist. I believe black holes still have light but the atoms are so compressed we have no way of detecting it.
Gnewt

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Aliens? UFO's? Say it ain't so? LOL

I do not believe for one minute that we are alone in the vast universe or those beyond. I mean, just look at our own planet...all forms of living creatures! Creepy crawling snakes (ewww), to "alien looking" bugs/insects, the life in the seas, the lands...my gosh...

I always wondered, after reading about Atlantis...how they said how advanced Atlantis was (I really don't know how they know that since we haven't found it yet)...but it was mentioned in some books or writings about what supposedly happened to Atlantis from survivors. I wish I could remember more about it...but this old brain don't work overtime anymore :(

Anyways, some believe that Atlantis was created by "others from another world"...hmmm? It could be possible. There are supposedly, which was on a special I saw about UFO's and such, with the "flying disc" type symbol on some Egyptian walls. Hyrogilfics (or however you spell it!).

In Feb 1978, between my Navy enlistments, I was living back home for a bit in good ol' New York. My g/f and I with our dates where headed to the Hamptons. As we are driving over the road way, over the water...we see this thing in the sky. It's pretty low, so it appears, but it was night time too! It had these lights on it and was shaped kinda' like a cigar, but I am familiar with BLIMPS, as NYC is very famous for them and THIS WAS NOT....A BLIMP!! We weren't the only ones who pulled over to witness this. The next morning, apparently alot of folks called it in, but once again, it was dismissed by the government!...oh well...we know what we saw, or think we saw...or did we?

How would they look? I don't really think they would look like what we project on the tv screen, but then again, since I never saw one, I couldn't say. :)

Ever wonder though, if there is live on another planet...ever wonder if they too are wondering if there is life on another planet and they too, are exploring the universe as we are? Maybe they are more advance than we are and that is why we have reported sightings of UFO's? Maybe they are checking us out wondering if we are friendly or not (well, some are, some aren't here on Earth...just hope their first encounter is with some kind folks!!!)

I wonder if in my lifetime, I will ever know if we are the only ones in this vast universe! Guess time will only tell....

Signing off....gotta' meet Mork for lunch....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Guess to become so advanced that you can travel from
one solar system to another
you would have to had existed as a Civilization
at least a Million times longer then us.
with time to Research & Explore on your mind.

You don't last that long as War Mongers & Killers.

Even if they blew their own planet up out of Stupidity.
Living together in space for that long would take
alot of Compassion for each other.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Our town was visited by alien saucers once awhile back. They were seen and reported by many as lights that would hover and then turn and slowly move away over the mountains. Many saw them including yours truly. I was quite taken aback, until our local newspaper decided to track the whole thing down. Turns out that a farmer who lived at the base of that mountain had decided to start sugaring the maple on the mountain side and to improve the wood lot he'd gone in and cleared allot of the woodlot out. Well come winter time after the trees had lost their leaves and the snow and wind had taken enough dead branches down. We could see a roadway that ran straight to the top other side of the mountain and then turned. What we were seeing were cars coming at us that looked like a light hovering until the car turned away. But there was still enough cover at night to not see the cars from the side.

But none the less I have no problem believing that these U.F.O.s exist and I'll even buy into they are aliens as defined as beings who are from some where other than this world. But that's where I get off the boat. I think if they do exist then they are probably what we would term Fallen Angels.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
If there is aliens, and they do travel the universe, I believe they have altered their genes and have no hate, crime or evil thoughts. They be on their way here to zap us with a beam that changes our dna. We may loose all our hair and get bug eyed and about two pounds of lips. I notice from the descriptions, they have a little mouth, so I am really worried about all the work they got cut out for me. Gnewt

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I always wondered, after viewing a beautiful shot of Venus that was on the Nasa website some years ago....viewing this planet kinda' looked like our planet...what could have been land and water areas...ever wonder if we are not from another planet? Maybe the planet our ALIEN ANCESTORS came from was dying and they were looking for another place to live?

I mean, think about it some....they have been talking for years about living on the moon...finding planets similiar to ours (i.e., oxygen!)....could it be possible that we are descendants from another world?

I guess anything is possible and it's most likely an answer we will never have an answer too....I just hope, that this time, if we move to another planet...someone keeps better records for the future generations so they won't be wondering as we are today!

Mork says Hello!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
I always wondered, after viewing a beautiful shot of Venus that was on the Nasa website some years ago....viewing this planet kinda' looked like our planet...what could have been land and water areas...ever wonder if we are not from another planet? Maybe the planet our ALIEN ANCESTORS came from was dying and they were looking for another place to live?

I mean, think about it some....they have been talking for years about living on the moon...finding planets similiar to ours (i.e., oxygen!)....could it be possible that we are descendants from another world?

I guess anything is possible and it's most likely an answer we will never have an answer too....I just hope, that this time, if we move to another planet...someone keeps better records for the future generations so they won't be wondering as we are today!

Mork says Hello!

Wanna Find the Records

Find Atlantis, or

Find the Hidden Library Under the Sphynx
The Sphynx is just a Cat Statue Sitting on top of a Gigantic Library.
That was actually there long before the Dinosaurs.

The Pyarmids are the Roofs of Castles.
maybe different peaks all on the same castle.

Or Maybe already Removed & Hidden from us
Because in someones mind, We Can't Handle the Truth.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wanna Find the Records

Find Atlantis, or

Find the Hidden Library Under the Sphynx
The Sphynx is just a Cat Statue Sitting on top of a Gigantic Library.

Wasn't there a special on some time ago about the Sphynx...where several holes were found and they went in, or tried to get in and nothing? I've wondered...hmmm? When I saw the Sphynx, I wish I had known, maybe I would have ventured and tried to find these holes....but then again, if I had, I probably wouldn't be here posting :-\

The Pyarmids are the Roofs of Castles.
maybe different peaks all on the same castle.

That makes so much sense to me...it really does....I mean...the desert is so blown over with fine sand...and even when they dig for the tombs...they have to remove so much sand!!!

Or Maybe already Removed & Hidden from us
Because in someones mind, We Can't Handle the Truth.

I really can't stand when someone tells me I can't do something because I am a woman or short or feels I wouldn't understand or couldn't handle something...geesh....apparently they don't know me too well! LOL....I wonder if SOMEDAY we will ever be told the truth!!!.........

There could be and I believe there is...alot buried under that vast area of sand called the desert. It wouldn't surprise me if they were to remove all that sand, they would find an awesome city!!! I've been to the pyramids and those stone blocks are HUGE!!!!!!! Got a pic of me standing on it...next to a sign that says "STAY OFF!" ..... Stupid American I was LOL...but honestly, I did not see the sign before climbing...I was told after I climbed down about the sign... ;)....maybe that is why they wouldn't let me off that blasted CAMEL!!! (Nasty Critters...ewww!)

Let's get a big bull dozer our there and remove that dirt!!!

This is an interesting subject....
Annmarie

Attachments

• cairo3a.jpg
    cairo3a.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 441
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure with all that sand nobody ever dug to the base of any of them.

Yes there was something on the Holes in the Sphynx,
It's been awahile since I saw that.

I am pretty sure the Sphynx can't be dated
and that they said it is Definately Older then
The Pyrabids. And that the Cat Reffer to Knowledge
Which Lends belief to the Library Theory.

I just wonder How many Times We destroyed Life on this Planet,
and it came back after a million or so years in between.

And it may have been Decided Back in BC some time to Hide the truth From us.

The scientists, Governments, Archeologists, Etc. May not have a Clue.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
gnewt said:
If there is aliens, and they do travel the universe, I believe they have altered their genes and have no hate, crime or evil thoughts. They be on their way here to zap us with a beam that changes our dna. We may loose all our hair and get bug eyed and about two pounds of lips. I notice from the descriptions, they have a little mouth, so I am really worried about all the work they got cut out for me. Gnewt

Gnewt just described Anjelina :D :D :D

Attachments

• cut.JPG
    cut.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 393
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or

Lemuria Lemurian Mu Ancient Civilization
Lemurian Sagas and the Sphinx Light Library

The Lemurians who founded the "Pure Land" and "Paradisiacal Garden" on the continent of Lemuria are know today as the Pleiadian Shaman Star Teachers. The Pleiadian Sagas are lengthy and spring from ancient roots that include their former homeworld on the now inhabitable planet currently known as Mars; as well as, their sojourns on the planet Earth on the continent of Lemuria. The sagas continue still and their storytelling legacy is in the process of being revived, revised, and restored on the Earth from the scroll archives of the Sphinx.

The Sphinx was a legendary light library full of arcane wisdom, scrolls of knowledge, and ancient records about the Pleiadian and Orion Star Teachers; the destruction of Lemuria and Atlantis by usurpers from another galaxy, the relocation of most of the Pleiadian Shamans to the Pleiades and the Orion Achievers to Orion, and other pertinent information needed by the peoples of this planet who continued to inhabit third dimensional genetically altered human bodies (biochemical shells) in order to accelerate their personal and group consciousness evolutionary spirals progressions.

The origins of the Sphinx, which lies in a "hallow", was an unsolvable riddle even in the days of the most ancient of the "recorded" Egyptian dynasties. Vertical weathering on the Sphinx, however, strongly suggests that the weathering was caused by water from intense torrential rains during an epoch which preceded that of the arid, sandstorm desertscape of the Sahara. These erosion patterns persuasively show that the Sphinx was carved from bedrock stone sometime around the end of the last Ice Age when the eastern Sahara was often drenched with heavy rainfalls, long before the pyramidal monuments were built on the Giza Plateau. When the Sphinx was built, the area was green, grassy, fertile, lush, and verdant, and the majestic monument was located in a Sacred Grove with a Holy Well nearby.

http://blessingscornucopia.com/Lemu...murian_Sagas_and_the_Sphinx_Light_Library.htm

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
It's funny you should bring up that whole sphinx thing here Jeff cause did you ever see the movie "Signs"
that one alway makes me tighten up my sphinxter muscles. ;D

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog said:
It's funny you should bring up that whole sphinx thing here Jeff cause did you ever see the movie "Signs"
that one alway makes me tighten up my sphinxter muscles. ;D

I Know I saw it Once.
At the Moment I Can't place the Plot

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats OK After following Ron & Ann's Link
and reading that I did a Quick Google for a Reminder.
That was intense at times I remember that.

But I think I couldn't watch it again
Because Mel is Scarey ;)

Not Particularly in that Movie. just in General.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
jeff of pa said:
Thats OK After following Ron & Ann's Link
and reading that I did a Quick Google for a Reminder.
That was intense at times I remember that.

But I think I couldn't watch it again
Because Mel is Scarey ;)

Not Particularly in that Movie. just in General.

Mel Scarey? No way...he's a HOTTIE...LMAO :)

I really didn't care for Signs.....or maybe I just didn't get it....I have it on DVD...maybe I should watch it again...I may have missed something.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
http://www.lifeinuniverse.com/noflash/Drakeequation-07-02.html
http://www.indiana.edu/~tltl/projects/drakeformula/index.html

The Drake Equation

In the autumn of 1961 Frank Drake, who had made the very first SETI observations in Project OZMA, hosted a three-day conference at Green Bank, West Virginia, USA, to discuss the likelihood that other civilisations in our galaxy might be trying to make contact with us.

Drake had realised that what, on the face of it, seemed an impossible task, could be broken down into a number of parts, each of which could be looked at separately. The individual parts could then be combined to enable an estimate to be made. He thus set out the agenda of the conference in the form of an equation, now famously known as the Drake Equation. The concept is based on the assumption that other lifeforms require similar conditions to those here on Earth.

Each part of the equation comprised either a number or a factor and during the conference the team of scientists discussed each term in detail and made their best estimate of its value. The individual terms were then placed within the Drake equation to evaluate the number, N, of civilisations with whom we might communicate:

N = ( R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc) x L

The terms of the Drake Equation
Initially, let the terms in brackets (which will be discussed later) be combined together in a value Rcc so that the equation reduces to just:

N = Rcc x L

Rcc is the rate at which civilisations desiring to communicate with others come into being, and L is the average time for which they remain attempting to do so.

Imagine that one was looking down on the Galaxy and each time a communicating civilisation arose, a light began to shine. It would then remain shining, on average, for a time L years and then turn off. As other civilisations arise further lights would come on and then eventually go off again. We want to know how many lights, on average, will be on at any one time.

For example, let us suppose that such a civilisation comes into being about every 10,000 years. If such civilisations attempt to make contact with others for 1,000,000 years on average, then we would expect there to be around 100 in our galaxy from whom we might possibly detect signals.

On the other hand, if they were to attempt to make contact for only 1000 years then there would be a one in ten chance of another civilisation attempting to communicate at the present time. It might be noted that our civilisation here on Earth would not be included in a similar calculation for elsewhere in the Galaxy, as we are not yet making any serious attempts to communicate with others.

The Rcc term
Now let us look at the term Rcc a little more closely. It starts with a numerical term R* which is the rate at which suitable stars are forming in the Galaxy (More on R*). These are stars which are hot enough and live long enough to allow time for an intelligent civilisation to evolve. Not surprisingly our Sun fits the bill, so we often refer to these as Sun-like stars. In fact we really want the value of this term as it was a few billion years ago when it was almost certainly larger than now and had a value close to 1.

The other terms
The remaining factors that make up the term Rcc generally reduce this initial value as it is not expected that every suitable star would eventually give rise to a communicating civilisation. In turn these are:

fp = the fraction of those stars which have a planetary system

This value is, at present, unknown, but other solar systems are now being discovered around Sun-like stars and on dynamical grounds we expect that they should be common. A possible value might be 1 in 5 - that is 0.2. More on fp.

ne = the number of "earth-like" planets in a solar system.

This is the average number of planets suitable for life that you would find in a typical solar system. This was set, perhaps optimistically, at 1 by the Green Bank scientists. More on ne.

fl = the fraction of these planets on which life arises.

Life arose here on planet Earth virtually as soon as conditions were suitable for it to do so. We thus hope that this factor might be reasonably high - perhaps between 0.1 and 1. More on fl.

fi = the fraction of these life forms that evolve into intelligent civilisations like ours.

This took a long time on our planet - over 3.5 billion years. So it cannot be that easy and cometary and asteroid impacts may prevent it happening very often. This is a tough one to estimate. More on fi.

fc = the fraction of these civilisations that choose to attempt to communicate across the Galaxy.

Again this is very hard to estimate. We could be, but are not yet, seriously attempting to communicate. More on fc.

How accurate is the current estimate of N?
The problem is that while some of the factors involved in the evaluation of Rcc are reasonably well known, we can only make educated guesses for others. Neither do we have any real idea of the typical value for L (More on L), so our final estimate for N is not expected to be accurate.

In fact it has been said that the Drake Equation is a way of encapsulating a lot of ignorance in a small space! Evaluations of N in the early days of SETI were probably on the optimistic side with values of up to 1,000,000 considered possible.

Some now say that intelligent civilisations will arise only rarely and thus that we might be the only one existing in our Galaxy at the present time. The true answer will no doubt lie somewhere in between and the SETI projects could perhaps be regarded as an experimental way of finding the answer of how often advanced civilisations arise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread