I got a question about vegetarians

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer to the original question is, people like to believe they have a better way for you to live your life. They want to convert you to their beliefs whether they be religious, cultural or even sexual. They even get a feeling of superiority because they feel they are more in tune with the world than you are. It's like that dumba$$ actor and Scientology. Sammy Davis Jr., a Jew?.....yep, actors and other celebs feel superior to others and adopt uncommon beliefs and mannerisms to show their superior intelligence. All hoping for followers. How come many blacks become Muslims while in prison or why is half of the NBA Muslim? Followers, that's why. I also have to question a missionary that is going to "pretend" to partake in and enjoy my culture so he can convince me how honorable his religion is. Hmmm. ??? A friend of mine has a preteen daughter that has a friend that is a vegetarian. She wants to be like her friend so she is going to become one herself. Thing is, she doesn't want her friend to feel she influences her that much so she is only going to become a "partial" vegetarian. :-\ btw, I've eaten plenty of boar sausage and it tasted great. A lot has to do with how the meat was treated right from the time of field dressing to the table. A mistake at any step can change everything.
Bottom line here is choice. You can choose to be one, or a partial one, based on your beliefs, the beliefs of your friend, the beliefs of Hillary Clinton, your religious beliefs, your beliefs in humanity, PETA's beliefs, a totally biased websites beliefs, or you just don't like the taste of meat. Don Jose is right...there is no such thing as a screaming carrot but that's because they don't have a mouth. And yes, the cannibals still cut them up to put in the pot of missionary stew. ;D
It is true about some cultures thinking that putting an animal through hell before it dies makes the meat better. That's the North American culture. Many of the folks around here, that raise their own beef and pork, will chase the animal around the pen before the butcher shoots it. The belief is that the adrenalin secreted by the animal due to fear is a natural meat tenderizer.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning B DOG: You posted --->

Until all four legs were used and then kill the animal. This to preserve the meat for as long as possible
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Curious that you posted this, since during WW-2 it was later proven, that some of the Japanese on the bypassed islands did just this. First with prisoners, then with their own troops. They would simply hold the victim down , slice off the selected portions, then let them go. It was claimed that many would last for almost a week.

This was done precisely as you stated, to preserve the meat which under hot moist tropical conditions would quickly spoil. unless left with "some" life.

Only thing that I can say is that I simply cannot imagine me doing such a thing - at least I would kill them or knock them out first sheesh, but, it IS common in the animal, insect, aquatic, and plant world.

In the northern regions. A small pack of say wolves, will eat, then leave the animal many times still alive only to return later to enjoy another dinner.

Man can do some very interesting things both from necessity and from inclination, sigh . hmmm

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Incidentally I would suggest that you investigate plant physiology, psychology, and responses, they are surprisingly close to animal ones, just manifested in a slightly different manner. Need I mention the green thumb factor?

How does a fish scream in pain? Or a particularily sensative beautful carrot? Or even a simple microbe? They all cummuniate in their own way, it is just that WE aren't able to preceive it.. So is a vegie diet ok simply because we cannot, hear, feel, or understand their pain and fear response?

Anyone to join me for lunch?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog, forget the bible; nowadays you can use a freezer for meat preservation.
There was, and may still be, a place called, if I remember correctly, Jesses' Turkey Ranch near Apple Valley, CA.. He raised turkeys mainly with the corn he grew. He also had a trout farm. He raised the trout with a feed made from turkey innards. People paid so much per fish to fish there and have them cleaned. He used fish innards for fertilizer for the corn. There ya go; self contained.

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
d2 said:
Now I am not calling anyone out but I got a question or two. I am not a vegetarian nor do I want to be, but if you are thats fine, I dont care. What makes people be vegetarians? Are they born that way? Is it a choice or lifestyle change, were they raised in a household where meat was not eaten? And why do some of them want to make me change? I was raised on a farm and still live on one although it is small. We hunt, fish and use the game we bring home. We eat the eggs and the chickens and the cows and the hogs that we raise. I dont expect every one to eat meat just because I do. I think it's just because that maybe they dont understand how it goes from the farm to the table because they were born and raised in the city. I am not trying to make anyone mad or start something. I would just like someone to answer my question without starting a feud...d2

:) It has to be a choice and anyone can make a lifestyle change if they have the willpower to do it. I eat meat, always have and probably always will, several years ago I was interested in Fasting, I bought some literature from an author - Paul C. Bragg

http://www.bragg.com/books/mof_excerpt.html
Let me state for the record... this is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life and teacher Bragg said it would be! I noticed when not eating I would crave vegetables more than meat, fruits and nuts more that meat, he advised me to quit tobacco,coffee,tea etc, which I did for 1 1/2 years. The most I ever fasted was 12 days without eating and surprisingly it was easy because I followed what he said to the letter.
That was a choice and a lifestyle change for me then, everyone has a choice the willpower to follow through is the hardest part.
As far as them wanting you to change to their way, who knows?
Do they know you and are concerned about your health for some reason?
That's what is great about America, Free Choice - Do what your will power will allow! :)

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Don't know how many boar hogs you have eaten or field dressed, but I guarantee you, after fifteen a week for a couple of years, I do know something about the
Russian Boar. After a couple of years the sausage gets tough and tastes bad, you have to use too much sage and pepper. The feral hog is about the same.
I was president of a 250 member hunting club for three years, took out fifteen
hunters twice a week. We had a BBQ twice a Month at the club, no boars , the rest went to Greece for spiced up sausage. That was an after duty job.
The boar here in the states is mostly Russian Boar, some are feral hogs and worst of all is the Javalina. Want something good try a Javalina if you can stand the smell of it cooking.
A Mexican can make any thing taste good to me, I had this friend telling me about his ordeal with one, so I'll take his word for it. Your chances of getting a clean kill, and carefully dressed boar that is a young pig, I would say that the meat will ok. Over 190 pounds starts getting bad. Gnewt

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
simple answer --go to the mirror -- open your mouth see the canine teeth --thats a meat eaters teeth --see the molars ? thats a grain eaters teeth ---humans are omnivores which means we eat anything that doesn't eat us first --we were designed that way -- * note both types of teeth . --- so eat what pleases you . each to their own.--- please note like almost all "preditor" meat eating animals we humans have forward looking eyes to focus on our prey --- grazer animals tend to have side mounted eyes to see hunters better as they approach them.

then more "grazer" type (cows and deer) animals we meat eaters eat the more "vegetables" are left for the veggie eaters both human and animal in the world ---if we meat eaters did not eat some of the grazer animals --the planets bio mass of vegetables would be overgrazed by ever increasing numbers of animals & veggie humans that would eat the planet total bare thus starving themselves to death

theres a old saying "one mans meat is another mans poison"

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Sara77 said:
I was looking into starting a colony of bees down by the river but my father-in-law said that it would be a waste of time because something is killing them off.
Is there a disease or some bug that is doing it? The earlier post about using a feather duster is kinda scary. There must be some truth to what he said. :-\

Try it raising bees is fun

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
bridgeendfarm said:
Sara77 said:
I was looking into starting a colony of bees down by the river but my father-in-law said that it would be a waste of time because something is killing them off.
Is there a disease or some bug that is doing it? The earlier post about using a feather duster is kinda scary. There must be some truth to what he said. :-\

Try it raising bees is fun

I am a beekeeper . Honeybees aren't all that mean if worked with properly . Normally when working my
bees I just wear a T shirt & veil . Actually they are facinating little buggers . There are two mites that will kill
off your hives if you don't do something about them . Also in some areas there is a small hive beetle that you
have to contend with . I won't go into details or I'd be typing all night . Anyone who is interested in keeping
bees should give it a try . We need the honeybees .
Did you know that mason bees are good pollinators . Mud Daubers is a name commonly used for them
also . I even built a mason bee house for them to lay eggs in & attract them to my garden . A mason bee house
is really easy to make & if anyone is interested I'll tell you how & post a picture of the one I made . Also if anyone is interested I can recommend some good beekeeping books .

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Mc Dougalds, That's not my choice, fast food or halfast food turns me off. In fact very few eating establishments are good any more. I don't need to rant on this, I am sure everyone is aware of what I am trying to say. Almost all food is not fresh, and machine prepared by nose picking teenie boppers. I found it very hard to find a good place to get a clean meal, fresh and prepared by someone that will eat their own cooking.
This is not directed at any preferences, or area, you may have good places to eat in your area. Good if you do and join the club if you don't. Gnewt

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
gnewt said:
Mc Dougalds, That's not my choice, fast food or halfast food turns me off. In fact very few eating establishments are good any more. I don't need to rant on this, I am sure everyone is aware of what I am trying to say. Almost all food is not fresh, and machine prepared by nose picking teenie boppers. I found it very hard to find a good place to get a clean meal, fresh and prepared by someone that will eat their own cooking.
This is not directed at any preferences, or area, you may have good places to eat in your area. Good if you do and join the club if you don't. Gnewt
I would so much like to move somewhere that would enable me to grow more of my own food. I'd like to know exactly what it is I'm eating and where it was before I ate it.

What you live in a cave or something?

If you have a patch of grass, don't know you area of course, grow a garden. If you haven't done it it's really quite easy.

Now as for the meat part of it, you'd need a farm for that. Hard work that. Of course around my neck of the woods farmers butcher their own livestock and sell it.

Ken

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting