The Ouija Board

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
My personal experiences with an ouija board . I was working construction when I 79 was being built through Wv . I stayed in motels through the week & made it home on friday evening & left on sunday evening . One friday evening after I got home I stopped by a long time friends house . He & his wife were playing with an ouija board & started telling me it really worked . I was laughing & making fun of them . They told me to think of something only I would know the answer to & they would ask the board & prove to me it worked . I thought for a while & remembered I had my paycheck in my pocket so I told them to ask it how much money my check was made out for . I also laughingly told them if it got it right I would give them half of it . It spelled out the correct amount & I laughed & lied like a dog to keep them from wanting their half . Luckily they didn't ask me to see the check .
One other experience I had with the ouija board was this , my brother joined the army when he was 17 & after basic training & AIT he was sent to Germany . He is 9 years older than I am so I was still pretty young when he left . Anyway , while he was in Germany we went to my aunts house , which was about a 2 hour drive . When we got there they were playing with an ouija board & my mother told them to ask it who my brother was going to marry . It spelled out Vandergriff . After 3 years in germany my brother came home . He worked around home for a year or so then went to Pa & worked for a while . He then went to the Va beach area & worked for a while . I don't remember in months & years how long he was in what places . He then went to Oh with some friends & went to work . At age
25 or 26 he met & married a girl from ohio . Her name was Rebecca Vandergriff .
At one time I had an ouija board though I never really fooled with it . Sounds strange but something about it kind of gave me the willies . I threw it away .

Would like to know if anyone else has had any similiar experiences with one . I recently read Marks personal story & got started thinking about it .

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Many moons ago, I went to visit a girl I was dating. She was at a home babysitting. The kids were in bed and she asked if I ever used a Ouija board. Told her I had not. She went on to explain that she had been using one for some time and had contacted an Indian spirit who would reply to questions. I was very doubtful of the whole experience but right in the middle of the session a strong wind came up and blew the venetian blinds that was covering the sliding glass door. I mean it blew them up to the ceiling. Made one heck of a noise and scared the daylights out of me. Might have been a coincidence, but I never have been near one since.

My mother used one when she was young and asked it what the name of her husband would be. It spelled out Frank. That was my dad's name. Another coincidence?

Ray S

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I got no story, but these will do, very interesting. I don't know if I want to try one
it just might cuss me and tell me to hit the bricks. Gnewt

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
When I was 16 one of my best friends invited me to a PJ party. There where 5 of us teenage girls. On my friends property was a small guest house. That was where the party was held. The host friend had a new Ouija board. We turn off all the lights and only had about six or so candles lit in the room. At first we just ask random questions about how old we were and it got our ages correct. Next one of the girls ask if there was a spirit in the room. Ouija board said, yes. Someone ask for proof. All of a sudden the room turn cold as ice (it was Summer time) then all the candles just went out. It was cold and pitch black in that house. That was enough proof for us...we where all screaming and crying and running to the main house. I never messed with one again. Very creepy.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Nah, i have never really been too interested in fooling with it. Whether its right or wrong, it doesnt really matter to me. Life has been good, so why mess with it now.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
There is no doubt in my mind....Ouija Boards do work.

If you would have posted this in the Religion Forum...we could have discussed "how" they work ;)

TW

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
So if these boards work; are we admitting that map dowsing really works as well? Im kinda skeptical to think that spirits/demons or whatever will posses a little think in my hand and give me all the answers to life. Just my little 2 cents. I dont want to start another huge dowsing/dowsing skeptic thread, am just curious what yall think.

S

skydiv

i never fooled around with one but, my sister did. she was about 14-15 then. I don't know just what was asked but, it told her, her first baby would die. she just turned 18 and got married. she had a baby girl. 2 years later I got drafted, after my niece turned 3 I got sent to Germany. One day while there I went down to mail call and there was a letter addressed to the chaplin of mine. I opened the letter and it was telling all about how my niece had died. I couldn't go home because by the time I got the letter she was already buried. those boards are bad news.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
I was mainly refering to map dowsing. Dowsing for water i know works since i have done it finding water lines. I mean, if the board is so accurate how come it hasn't been used to come up with a concrete cure for cancer or something? If it can come up with people names that will get married saying a simple word to point people in the right direction of what they need to research should be just as easy.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Got me??? That's one of those answers that will always be strictly speculative. There is no way the validity of something like this could ever be proved. Although i do have to admit these are some pretty strange occurrences. I don't have any good answers, just questions.

OP
OP
WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Seriously , I have thought about buying one & asking about treasure leads but like I said in my
original post , those things kind of give me the willies . I know it sounds totally stupid but I'm not
really comfortable with them .

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are bad news ...you want to invite evil spirits in the house , then get one . i saw and heard so many nightmare about them . i heard of people throwing them away in the garbage and the reappear in the house and if you burn them that's leaving the door way open ...i heard of new homes haunted after a Ouija board was brought in ....you may believe or not , but to me talking and inviting spirit's to chat is not a good thing ....and what you invite in never leaves unless you get help ......my experiences

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
pinebarrens1 said:
there are bad news ...you want to invite evil spirits in the house , then get one . i saw and heard so many nightmare about them . i heard of people throwing them away in the garbage and the reappear in the house and if you burn them that's leaving the door way open ...i heard of new homes haunted after a Ouija board was brought in ....you may believe or not , but to me talking and inviting spirit's to chat is not a good thing ....and what you invite in never leaves unless you get help ......my experiences

I'm with you PB,

I won't allow one in my house! I have enough trouble without inviting more ;D

TW

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
My opinion, never invite a spirit into your life unless you know who you're asking for. I don't want to provide the vehicle or whachemecallit. My spirit has got his own.
Gnewt

Snowdragon

Jun 10, 2006
Graham, Texas
I have sat in on a ton of sessions with a ouija board and maybe the reason no one comes up with a cure for cancer or something beneficial to mankind is because of the questions asked. In all my years experience with it i've never heard anyone ask any questions other than about love or money. Ya know like, who will I marry or will I be rich. I think if I was a spirit I'd have to have some fun with people too and really put a scare into them. Just my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread