Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDE said:
pet pampering
metal chick said:
I'm actually doing my dream job now - I own a private boarding facility and board dogs for upscale clients. I've had all kinds of office jobs in Manhattan and upstate NY and hated them. I started out small in my home and the business skyrocketed. Once people found out I don't cage their dogs like at a kennel, word spread like wildfire. I now quit my day job because I'm so busy, so none of you should discard the dream ideas you mentioned in this thread - DO THEM!!! :icon_sunny:
told you guys ::)

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
metal chick said:
bootybay: It took a bit of trial / error before getting it just right and not all dogs are suitable for this type of facility. What works best for me is I don't accept any dogs without meeting them in person first. I initially screen the owners heavily over the phone and explain that we do not take aggressive dogs, then have the owner bring the dog to meet us. If the dog seems friendly enough and I think it will be okay with other dogs, I agree to take it and on the day it arrives, all dogs already staying here are in large holding pens in another section. They are then let in one at a time and we see how the new dog does with each dog entering. Once they're all together, they just play with each other and have a good time. Some stand off to the side and don't want to play with the younger ones, and we do have some minor scuffles, but for the most part, if I screen the dogs properly to begin with, there aren't any fights. :hello2:

Got room for a Brittany Spaniel and a Pomeranian? We've been looking for a service like this for awhile. Located in upstate NY.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rtde3....cornbread is definitely on the menu! I think too many restaurants try pleasing to many customers. They start providing all kinds of meals and lose the expertise on a specific meal. There goes quality out the window! Yep, that pond looks good!

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
Bassfish - I am located by the Connecticut border - near Danbury. Is that anywhere near you? It also depends what dates you're looking for. As of now, I am booked solid for both July and August with scattered dates in May and June still available, but not much. People sometimes book 1-2 years in advance because it's hard to get in.

Yes, EDDE was right, listen to him, haha! If you target the right people, pet owners are willing to pay top dollar to have their animals properly cared for when they go away on vacation. One lady brings a wardrobe collection bigger than mine for her dog when it stays with us.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people should take as much care picking people that take care of their kids. This country spends way too much to pamper pooches and not a fraction of what they should spend to care for the children.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Some people should take as much care picking people that take care of their kids. This country spends way too much to pamper pooches and not a fraction of what they should spend to care for the children.
EDDE said:
pet pampering
told you

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dog whisperer=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always wanted to run a store with antiques and collectibles on one side and more like a Thrift store on the other. Still trying to work on this. Seems they make enough money that if someone who honestly needed a leg up came in, I could help get them some needed things or at least make sure the kids got what they need. Couldn't ask for more! Make a profit & have fun too!

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
boogeyman said:
Always wanted to run a store with antiques and collectibles on one side and more like a Thrift store on the other. Still trying to work on this. Seems they make enough money that if someone who honestly needed a leg up came in, I could help get them some needed things or at least make sure the kids got what they need. Couldn't ask for more! Make a profit & have fun too!
Great idea, shows you got a big heart :thumbsup:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
If we are talking about dreaming, I would like to come up with an alternative fuel source and put the oil companies out of business by marketing it cheap to the people of the world.

Back to reality. Had thought about a pet cemetery.

Ray S

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:

Ray S

Thats just spooky in so many ways.. " thinking Stephen King Books"

USTiger

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
If we are talking about dreaming, I would like to come up with an alternative fuel source and put the oil companies out of business by marketing it cheap to the people of the world.

Ray S
The market for pet cemetaries is dead........ (Just had to! The Devil made me say dat!!!)

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Now if you really want to get that sick feeling picture a restaurant out front and the pet cemetery out back. siegfried schlagrule

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
Combination Bait Shop and Cigar Store. With a wall for a few mid-price metal detectors. Think about the stories you would hear!

luckyinkentucky

Feb 29, 2008
Owensboro, Kentucky
Like others said above ... Catfish Houses are always a big deal! We have a few around here where I live. There is one in Benton, KY near Kentucky lake. They get all of the tourists and locals on weekends. There is 'The Catfish Dock' in Greenville, KY on Everly Brothers Blvd, and it is ALWAYS busy. Moonlite BBQ here in Owensboro serves Catfish on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and those are their busiest days. There is another catfish house near KenLake Lodge at Kentucky Lake that stays packed year round. You can't go wrong with a catfish restaurant! The initial start-up cost would be a little pricey, but not compared to a chain or franchise. You could charge $8 a plate with all the hush puppies and fries you could eat, and a $11 All-You-Can-Eat and people would swarm the place!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd wanna run a prospecting/Treasure hunting store. :thumbsup:
In maybe Canada or something. :)
Why did no one think about that!?

Regards,
Eu

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 70's Pre Computers
there was a Mail Order Library.
(Wish I Remembered the name
may have been a Large College)
I used to order book from them.
Only cost I remember was Shipping Costs.

I Know these days everything is about the Buck,
and nobody does anything for free,
But I'd like to see a Mail Order
Library for Books of intrest to Detector users,
Artifact Hunters, Treasure Hunters Etc.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own 2 companies, as brokers for custom packaging, advertising specialties and the go to guy for the impossible to find product or printing project. (not trying to sell myself)
My biggest business is making menus for some of the largest Restaurant corporations in the country,
My wish, some day have a hot dog cart for events, week end art festivals, firework events and so on.
The profit margins look to be substantial.
Bradyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread