Ouija boards---whats your story?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ouija boards---what's your story?

I was really into movie memorabilia 10-15 years ago. In the early 90s a movie called "Witchboard" came out and among the freebies that came with the press kit was a miniature ouija board, complete with a planchette about the size of a thumb nail. I brought it to to work and invited a co-worker to try it with me. We both put one finger on the edge of the planchette and before we even asked any questions it immediately began moving. We gave each other the usual "Are you doing that?" looks, realized neither one of us was, and called it quits before anything could be spelled out.

It spooked her (pardon the pun) something awful and she walked around the rest of the day hugging herself like she was cold. Funny thing is we both approached the experiment as hardline skeptics. I haven't touched one since and judging from others' experiences I won't be touching one again soon.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Immy said:
I was really into movie memorabilia 10-15 years ago. In the early 90s a movie called "Witchboard" came out and among the freebies that came with the press kit was a miniature ouija board, complete with a planchette about the size of a thumb nail. I brought it to to work and invited a co-worker to try it with me. We both put one finger on the edge of the planchette and before we even asked any questions it immediately began moving. We gave each other the usual "Are you doing that?" looks, realized neither one of us was, and called it quits before anything could be spelled out.

It spooked her (pardon the pun) something awful and she walked around the rest of the day hugging herself like she was cold. Funny thing is we both approached the experiment as hardline skeptics. I haven't touched one since and judging from others' experiences I won't be touching one again soon.

Very good idea. Great input.

DANGLANGLEY

Brett2259

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202

Yeah. I tried it when I was young. My siblings would move it around just to amaze and impress and dazzle me. It wasn't scary at all. Even my friend and I would play it. I would get mad because the bums would be moving it and I would catch them all the time while my fingers were not even touching at times. I caught them. Phonies. And that is just what this "game" is...a phonie. So there.....mmmmhhh :tongue3:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

I wander if people have had any bizarre experiences with those 8 balls, that answer questions

ABSOLUTELY TRUE STORY - I will swear to this!

Well I had a terrible experience with one of those Magic 8-balls! This one actually flew through the air at something like 60 mph and knocked me COLD! :o I got a goose-egg the size of Houston out of it after I finally came to! It was really spooky, right after I was just teasing someone, how that thing came flying out of the neighbor kid's hand, then crack! Everything goes black and the earth leaps up to flatten you! :tongue3: :icon_jokercolor: ;D :D ::) ;D
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

:D ;D Oh I am sure that is what happened - the kid swore up and down that Magic 8-Ball jumped all by itself! :o ::) ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread