Should I sue my mortgage company? (their underhanded BS).

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That friggin' GMAC (otherwise known as DiTech.com, and many other holdings), is nothing but a rip-off corporation. When you go to the rip-off sight - you will find our story there.

First - Contact the State's Attorney - because they will NEVER change their information. I can almost guarantee it.

Second, check your credit report - they might have a little "notation" on your credit report for that little "misunderstanding" (they did it to us).

Third, check ALL of your other transactions. Ours started with their mistake - they paid everyone's taxes in our county (who had GMAC), with our account. 4 years worth of ours - they "confused" our school name with county name, and found out we hadn't paid Lackawanna County a dime in taxes in 4 years (We lived in Wyoming County - Lackawanna Trail District).

I won't go into the whole story - you can read it in "rip-offs", if you care to.

Bottom line, as we got further into the "mess", they "held" three of our mortgage payments (didn't post them to our account) and then tried to foreclose.

We are STILL fighting the credit report issue - and this was years ago. (in fact, it shouldn't even show up, its been so long, but they keep "renewing" the credit report.

They will mess with your credit - take action immediately - if not sooner.

B

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homecomings Financial is part of GMAC...

Yes, and GMAC has about 23 other subsidiaries (like Residential Capital, Homecomings,).

B

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Exactly - so the parent company GMAC are also crooks IMHO. They actually put a mark on my wife's credit record for paying off a truck early. She was involved in an accident many years ago and the credit record stated we owed them a balance - so everytime we applied for a loan we had to get a letter stating the balance was payed in full. Was a big pain in the you-know-what.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
If you've had any problems with Homecomings... go to this website... http://www.homecomingsfinancialclassaction.com

Also, I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, but the first work order did go through (to remove the bad credit mark), it's the second one that didn't (to remove the "in default" fee). So, the only thing Im fighting is the $105. And again, it's not the amount of money... it's the thought.

I've got to look through my junk mail because they even sent me a letter telling me that everything was restored to 'before' condition.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion (because of having our problem with them), it's more than the "principal", and "only $105.00".

This is a racket on their part. $105.00 can haunt you forever, if they do what they did to us -which was to keep reporting it like it was new.
In other words, after it was removed, they re-reported it, and it started all over again.

These crooked loan companies need to be stopped - period.

B

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mikeofaustin said:
Oh geez... I just did some googling and it turns out these people are notorious for bad business. They've recently lost a $90 million lawsuit, and are in another class action one right now, just a month later.

No sense in suing them, they won't have the money anyway. Call your local congress man/woman. They get things done ;D

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Heh! Mike the same thing happened to me. Except.... I get a registered default letter from Bank of America stating I missed 2 payments three years ago. Not true. WTF? I wondered if their accounting was so far behind they couldn't find their a$$ with both hands. After much run-around, B of A informed me they changed my account number, and sent a pitney-bowes stamped letter (not USPS registered) to me. I never got the letter. Apparently during the new account number set-up, two automatic mortgage payments were sent to the old account. Bingo! Two missed payments. Long story short, you should get an attorney to assist you. You can get the stuff straightened out. Your attorney will also have them sign an agreement to not relist your "so-called" bad debt. Oh yeah, B of A agreed to pay my attorney fees. ;D

bluecat

Feb 21, 2007
REVIEW YOUR STATEMENTS!!!!! Even when making payments electronically.

I once again just got off of the phone with GMAC. I noticed that my statement had a late fee assessed. It is amazing that I could make a late payment when I am signed up for automatic bill payment with them and receive an email every time that they withdraw the money from my bank when the payment is due thanking me.
The late fees don't show up on the transaction history for my account either. They say that they don't necessarily post the payment the same day that it is withdrawn so a late fee is assessed. They are going to review my account and refund my money for the late charges assessed.
I think that it would be quite easy to get a class action lawsuit going against GMAC. How many millions of dollars do they make from unsuspecting people by charging them $3-4 for their own mistakes by not posting the money to accounts on time. They are probably drawing interest on our money by holding it overnight and charging us to do so as well.
How much interest would they make by holding hundreds of millions of dollars for one day?

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
This is the reason I manage my mortgage payments on line. I can see what is due and when I made the last payment. I also write the confirmation number after making a payment in case is a dispute. I quit mailing the payment in when some nitwit at Countrywide misplaced my payment one month years ago. Since I went to managing my payments and accounts on line...NO PROBLEMS. My credit card company is about to lose a valuable customer very soon (long story).

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
With my mortgage the payment is due on the 1st of each month and they have a grace period of 15 days. On my way to work I drive right by one of their offices and drop off my payment. One month I stopped by and paid them on the 14th and got a receipt. Thought nothing of it until next month when my payment slip they sent me was $90 higher than the previous month. I stopped by their office to ask why the payment went up. They said it was because the payment was late. When I showed them the carbon copy of the check and the receipt that THEY wrote, they called the main office and had the late fee dropped.

From what I have read above I'm not sure that I trust them to not ding my credit report. I'll be checking in the morning.

BTW.... My mortgage is with Countrywide. You may have seen their dealings in the news recently....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread