Will the US end with a wimper or a bang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
The government has done it's job well in a few areas. Give the people creature comforts....TV, video games, cars, boats, trips, big houses....make them affordable for even the poorest (credit). When most people are surrounded with creature comforts they become placid.....lazy. Brainwash them into believing the government can and will take care of them. If they hear or see bad things they moan and groan wanting SOMEONE ELSE to make it all better again.

This country has been brainwashed for years into believing they are helpless and the government should solve ALL their problems. How many people spend hour after hour in front of a TV along with their children watching, and soaking in, what the New Media, Hollywood, and the government want you to believe? No wonder we have no backbone it's resting, and "declining", in our easy chairs!

I see a bleak picture when I look at our brainwashed world. But I am not a doomer! I believe in my country still. I believe that there are still some out there with a backbone. Some who are NOT brainwashed beyond repair.

If worst comes to worst I'll fight defending what is mine. I might be defeated but, I'll have the satfaction of knowing I stood my ground and fought for my belief.

I'm not trying to be a Saviour. I am a "WE THE PEOPLE". I also write letters, send emails, to government officials protesting some of the wrongs I see. Also I have a firm faith. They have to go through Jesus to get to me.

Laugh at me. Call me names. I don't care. I know what, and whom, I believe in. If you don't own a gun, then you don't own a gun. Just don't expect me to share mine with you if the time comes that we will need one.

S

Smee

Pepper2004 said:
The government has done it's job well in a few areas.

Very True!

Education You cannot enslave an educated populace. Just look at the dark ages and the power the Church of that time held over the people. The Holy Roman Empire. The government would love to have that kind of control, and is working hard to gain it. When the Roman civilization collapsed, including the educational system, that is when the Church got its power, and they used it for almost a thousand years. Educated men were the downfall of that empire. Martin Luther and others brought about that change.

There is no education provided to our children today except education in Liberalization. That's why my child is home schooled. I know she can tell the stinky stuff from shinola.

Entitlements The same folks who cried about being enslaved before the Civil War have no problem calling on "Massah" -- The Government --- to give them food and other things. Do they really think that these things have no price? They are just as enslaved as anyone on a plantation ever was. Eventually, they will have to "pay the piper" but then it will be too late. They will be "owned" by the government just like their ancestors were "owned". Problem is, none of these owners will be benevolent.

Because of the work I do, I've known a few enterprising young men in that community. Drug dealers who used the same tactics to create persons dependent on them for their fixes, to create prostitutes from young women, and to deal with those who tried to stand up and get out of those circumstances. Those young men actually knew what they were doing. "Keepin em down on the farm" insinuates "enslaving" them to you.

Enforcement If you have laws on the books, enforcement will take care of your problems, not more laws. If you can't enforce the laws you already have, how are more laws going to help? It entertains the uneducated into believing you are doing something. Pretty window dressing it is, but worthless.

Divide and Conquer Split the populace on what is right and what is wrong, then they will not have sufficient numbers willing to do what is called for. Liberalism and Conservatism. People looking to their "parties" for direction as to what is right and wrong rather than looking inside of themselves to decide.

I'm still young, 50, but I don't see any difference between the parties when they govern. My rights are constantly eroding. I have far fewer liberties than I did at 40 when Bill Clinton was president. I have much fewer than I did at when Ronald Reagan was president. I have even fewer than I did at 20 when Jimmy Carter was president. That only means there is a constant . . . can you guess what that constant is??? The loss of liberties and the right to live free in this country. These presidents included both "far right" and "far left".

The same with various congresses. During my lifetime we've had very conservative and very liberal houses. Our rights and freedoms still eroded.

What does that mean? There isn't a rat's butt worth of difference between them. And still, no one notices or complains. I have been telling this story for years. People ask me why I don't vote, I do not hesitate to tell them that it does not matter. You are only looking at two sides of the same coin. The endgame is constant, but if they keep the people divided, no one notices because they are too busy trying to push their party while all the time their party is busy screwing them.

Just my two cents, worth exactly what I charged.

Please!!! Someone prove me wrong.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
There will be no towel throwing here but I really question how many will even notice what is happening, let alone do anything about it. Good to see there are some though! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Treasure Tales

I do take offense to what you have said about me and my character for one reason. You have NO clue why I even posted this. You put your spin on my post and why YOU thought I was posting it and made decisions about my character and my reasons for posting this.

I simply want to know how many people out there:

1. Notice what is happening
2. Give a crap about what is happening
3. Want to do something about what is happening
4. Want to just roll over and play dead

The people that I choose to associate with despise the current government and the situation we find ourselves in and we quietly prepare ourselves for when we must defend the United States of America as we know and love it or just let it go. I am not part of any organized militia and if I were I wouldn't post it here for everyone to see. I simply see more and more people getting tired of trying to make a living and giving in and depending on the government.

The brainwashing that is taking place by the powers that be to our young people is disheartening and unless YOU take it upon yourself to teach your kids and grandkids the truth they never hear it. We might be willing to fight to the death for our rights and beliefs but the youth of today do not share the same rights and beliefs.

The schools are indoctrinating kids on global warming crap, socialized medicine, how liberalism is the way to go at the earliest stages of the game! My 8 year old came home from school one day telling me she wasn't going to watch TV or use the computer anymore because Al Gore made a movie about how we are destroying our planet. I then took my daughter to the computer and I showed her the cars Mr. Gore owns, the house he lives in the private planes he flies on and his carbon credit crap and taught her the TRUTH!!! I also pointed out that he has stolen scenes from the Day After Tomorrow for his "Documentary" And how the "icebergs" that he shot were actually Styrofoam.

Unless you and I and everyone of us that want to fight for the United States of America are willing to do this TT then we, you and I, will be the last generation of people willing to fight. If the powers that be simply wait for all of us TRUE Americans to die they will be able to take over without a shot being fired. The children of today are not being taught what an Awesome place the United States is and what kind of Heroes established this great country. They are not being taught what kind of fortitude and thought went into the ideals that formed the United States. Instead they are being taught that our founding fathers were spoiled rotten little tyrants that didn't want to live under the rule of the King and so they just went off and did whatever they wanted to do.

That is my point of this post, not what you assumed it to be. I am not a poor me we're doomed so lets just drink the coolaid and get it over kind of person. I can tell you that unless all of the people that are sick and tired of the status quo organize and resist this insidious change as a group our efforts will fail. The way to change is through our YOUNG people. If we can win them back from the dark side then we have a chance to see this country survive another 200 years or more!!!

Yes it is too late I believe to change anything with voting. I think that George Bush has gone down the road that others before him have gone down and eroded our rights in the name of national security. If all of this was happening 60 years ago, we would have just bombed the crap out of our enemies, handed them their hats and said get back into the hole you crawled out of. Instead we let the UN and the National Community dictated what we can and cannot do all the while they are taking money, oil and kickbacks from the enemy we are trying to fight.

No one you elect will do anything differently because they all know how the game is played. Tell the people what they want to hear then you get elected do whatever you want to do. That's the name of the game, all the while accumulating wealth and power. I agree with a previous poster. Let's cut their pay to a "reasonable" level. What do they do for the money they earn. Pay them only for the days they are in the Congress doing their job. If they aren't there they don't get paid. Put them on the same health care system all other government employees have. Same with retirement. How much tax money would we save if we made just those cuts??? There are people that make the argument that it would just be a drop in the bucket. Well it only takes a few drops to make a trickle and a few trickles to make a stream.

I can only take heart in the fact that quite a few of the people that have responded to this post have reinforced my belief that there are others out there that believe as I do, that the United States is an AWESOME country worth fighting the good fight for.

TT you shouldn't be so quick to judge people through your filters that you apply to so much in life. I'm not mad at you rather I am mad at the mess this country, the GREATEST country on the planet has allowed itself to get into. So let's all do what we can to keep the faith and try and get this Country cleaned up and back on its intended course.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
When it ends, because of far-left, hollywood type, NY Times reading, eco-terrorists, I hope there is one conservative christian legal American citizen left to write the book... and write it in English.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Is anyone hear aware that to even imply that we should take up arms to overthrow what is now a runaway Government is cause for arrest under the new terrorism laws ? Yet there is little else that can or could be done. Talk is useless at this point. It only futher enhances their capability to undermine any sort of organized revolt.

I'd like to point out that non of this happened in a vacum, there have been many who've waged the good fight only to find their efforts come to nothing and they are quite often left bitter broken and alone. And for those of you who aren't experienced in war or even serving in a military, talk is cheap, but it has real consequences that few who go there are prepared for nor happy they made the trip. Either live the nightmare or enjoy the sleep, those are our choices and I'm not about to do either. I'm making my own future one way or another.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
TreasureTales said:
I'm so glad you weren't at Concord Bridge. I'm so glad you weren't advising George Washington. The Founding Fathers and the patriots took on what was at that time the strongest military/economic force on the planet and BEAT THEM. But back then there were people with backbones.
Easy to say for a middle aged woman who stands no chance of ever having to lift a finger in defense of her mouth. It's people like you who talk this country into wars that our male children have to fight and die for.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
MD Dog said:
The time for revolution and standing up to be counted has long since passed. The powers that are in place already will resort to force if need be, and then what "The People" will make a stand with their shotguns and pitchforks against a well armored, well trained, well equipped Military with loads of urban combat experience. We "The People" cant even run anymore, all the border security works in both directions ! Anyone with even a little Military planning experience will tell you that your best bet in this sitiuation is to wait and let them make the first move and then counter strike with counter insurgency.
You are assuming that ALL U.S. troops will turn their guns on their fellow citizens if ordered to. Most are no doubt sickened of the way things are going, just like the civvies. If you were ordered by someone to shoot down your own friends, family, and neighbors, would you do it? (I would hope not...?)
Is anyone hear aware that to even imply that we should take up arms to overthrow what is now a runaway Government is cause for arrest under the new terrorism laws ? Yet there is little else that can or could be done. Talk is useless at this point. It only futher enhances their capability to undermine any sort of organized revolt.
Sorry, but you're totally and absolutely wrong.
Violence is exactly what potential dictatorships pray for, as it gives them the excuse to take away every freedom and right you have.
Talk is the one thing they can't fight. And you won't be able to organize a "revolt" without it. People won't start doing anything until they see others take the initiative. Communicating is the first step....
We're a long way from using violence to reform our gov't. To advocate violence (much less engage in it) just plays into the hands of the very thing you're trying to prevent....

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mastereagle22 said:
Hello.

I always thought the United States would end in some great battle that would destroy it. But as I look around and see all that is happening I think I was wrong all along. I think the United States will simply cease to exist. The country that I love will just no longer be there.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

Doesn't take much to look at how things are today and see that it is happening as we speak....

I agree with you. I recall the 60's when we all went to bed worried that Russia would attack during the night. I dreamed of nasty nuclear missiles coming into our country.

Today I see we're going the way of ancient Rome. We're falling apart from the inside.

The young of today are going to see many radical changes from what we called America.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bottom line, each of us is frustrated.

I think the US will end with a whimper, not a bang. A bang would imply war.

Economics will end the US.

The last surviving United States of America citizens to receive a paycheck will be government employees with worthless US funds.

A whimper.... It doesn't take a bang if you use the right weapon. Greed. Greedy to hold a political position and willing to promise all citizens all things: healthcare, military, space exploration, NAFTA, corrupt political leaders. Things that a nation with no manufacturing capability or economic development to support itself or its citizens can promise to its citizens. Citizens with no work cannot support anything, not themselves, their children, a town, a county, nor a state, much less a nation.

When a nation gets down to a point where the only employment is Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, and the government civil service and political appointees and electees, it's gone. It cannot support itself. It will die a natural death, a whimper.

Seen any towns dry up lately? Whole sections of town closing down, disappearing? Go to the store. Try your absolute best this next month to buy nothing but what is made and produced in the United States of America. Do it!! Do it!! Learn something about your country!!!!!!!

Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I left something vital off my post above.

Companies who move their facilities out of this country and away from the employment opportunities of the United States citizens, whose top echelon still earn MILLIONS of dollars every year (each person) in my opinion have no right to our trade. I realize that's a little far-fetched because you can't even talk to your telephone company personnel without hearing a foreign voice, and upon asking, find out you're talking to India.

No, it's not just the government, it's greedy companies. Try to ascertain what it is you're really buying, and if you don't need it and it's China, etc., made, make a choice.

Again, try to buy Made in America. Please. If you can't see the future, read history.

Noodle

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
TT I never asked you to remove any posts. I, unlike many, totally believe in the FIRST amendment. I believe free speech must be free for all, even those we do not agree with.

Please don't get upset with me. You have a certain style on the forum which I have grown accustomed to. I simply stated that if you think that I am a whiner and don't want to do anything about the mess the country is in then you have made an error in judgement that's all.

As Noodle says the companies in the United States and their greed are a major problem with the United States today. But who do you think runs the government? It's not the politicians really, it's the lobbyists representing major companies.

The major difference between the United States today and the one of years past is that in the past when the great depression hit the United States was able to survive by spooling up its industry, growing its own food and getting back on its feet. Today we have almost no ability to produce the basic needs of our citizenry because of all the outsourcing and so much of our food coming from outside the United States.

I am simply asking that each of you try and teach the young people in your lives the truth about the United States so that it doesn't end with a whimper.

I agree that unless things change the US will end like Rome did.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Can anyone whimper , in spanish ? True or not I don't know , but the other day my niece in law , who
has a child in the 2nd grade , told me that it is now mandatory that school children take spanish classes .
I'm sick to the core of the path this country has gone down but in all reality I'm afraid I have to agree
with M D . Like it or not , there is such a thing as being overwhelmed . This is not our fathers , grandfathers ,
forefathers , country anymore . Politicans pander to all the minority & fringe groups because they have to
have their votes to get elected . Someone mentioned Ron Paul a couple times , he didn't get enough votes
to be mayor of a small town & if he had , congress would have hamstrung him .
With all the problems facing this country , the best congress can seem to do is spat over baseball players
taking performance enhancing drugs . I love my country but it is sick , sick , sick & the doctors have no
pretence of a cure .
Anyone who wishes is welcome to jump on my back but I firmly believe all that liberal , throw all morals
out the window , be politically correct , tolerate everything from everyone , give handouts to all beggars & cut & run when the going gets tough , has us about ruined . I fear our forefathers type people are out-numbered .

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
WV Hillbilly.....as you mentioned your little niece is required now to take Spanish classes in the 2nd grade....I was just upset last week when I went to KMart to pick up some baby stuff for a girl at work. I saw the cutest little Angel Praying Doll...that said "Now I lay me down to sleep...." I searched all 3 boxes they had and every single one of them was in SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the display box they came in and not a one in ENGLISH...I was so mad...I complained...like that did any good!!! UGH...

Going overseas and living there was so much fun and I so enjoyed trying to learn the language of the country I was in. I lived in Italy for 3 years and just love those Italians!! And they were so willing to help you learn their language and many wanted to learn English. The people of Greece were the same way and Spain....so willing and helpful. But I am home now and ENGLISH is my language in my homeland....speak it, learn it...and I'll help you...but don't tell me I have to speak your language in my country!!!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Although this might be off topic but it does seem to be concerned with the current conversation. I just saw a report somewhere that said, By the year 2076, white, english speaking, heterosexual, christian males will be only 1% of the population in the U.S. So now who's the minority ?

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
My previous post was made on the spur of the moment & although I meant every word I said , the post
didn't really say , what I wanted to say . I woke up this morning thinking about the subject & logged on
with the intention of removing that post & starting over . However , two replys had been made , so I'll
leave it & probably post again later .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread