SMOKE FREE - 6 Months!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hang in there Jim. I didn't need to join a "Smoke-out" Back in 1975, after a routine physical (which included chest xrays back then), my doctor said a spot showed up on one of my lungs. He said he would have the radiologist check it and would call me. As I walked out of his office the pack I had in my shirt went in the trash. After a few days of waiting for the call and much, much worry and concern, the Doctor called and said, didn't you live somewhere near Pittsburgh? I said I did and he told me I had a fungus called Ohio Valley Lung disease...or something like that. Seems it was common among folks that grew up around the steel mills, etc. Well, the few days of waiting and worrying cured me!

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Wes... Thank God huh?

Everyone - Thanks... :)

Hopefully the encouragement seen here will help someone else stop if they want to. :thumbsup:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wesfrye53 said:
Hang in there Jim. I didn't need to join a "Smoke-out" Back in 1975, after a routine physical (which included chest xrays back then), my doctor said a spot showed up on one of my lungs. He said he would have the radiologist check it and would call me. As I walked out of his office the pack I had in my shirt went in the trash. After a few days of waiting for the call and much, much worry and concern, the Doctor called and said, didn't you live somewhere near Pittsburgh? I said I did and he told me I had a fungus called Ohio Valley Lung disease...or something like that. Seems it was common among folks that grew up around the steel mills, etc. Well, the few days of waiting and worrying cured me!
Thats were I grew up. I wonder if thats what i got... i never heard of it. Was there a cure?

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
bigcypresshunter said:
wesfrye53 said:
Thats were I grew up. I wonder if thats what i got... i never heard of it. Was there a cure?

Nope, and it hasn't grown any but still shows up when I get an xray and I have to explain what it is. Don't even know it's there.

T

trish76642

Montana Jim said:
~Trish~ said:
Proud for you Jim!
I need to stop, yes im a smoker, I now have high blood pressure, severe, and i didnt even think i was old enough to get high blood pressure. The doctor gave me a prescription for Chantex, they say its a wonder drug, has anyone ever tried it?
I do want to stop, i have a new grandbaby now, and about to have another next month, if i dont stop i want live to see them hit their teenage years, im real sure of it. So if you have any advise my ears are open.

Chantex has been THE blessing for almost everyone who has used it... there are a few threads here, including the one I linked to above where folks talk about using it.

Get the Chantex Trish...
Thanks Jim....i will!

S

stefen

Sunday, my sister-in-law held a one year memorial for my younger brother...

You guessed it! Cigarettes (and Agent Orange).

Sure miss him. :'(

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Hey Jim.......congrats. I gave'em up on the 17th of Sept. last year and still smoke free myself. I have no desire to go back to smoking and feel much better. Congrats again.............HH........gregd573

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Hey Dan......I don't know about anybody else but I used Chantex. A month supply was a little over 100 bucks and I only used 2 weeks worth, to bad ya can't turn in the unused portion for a credit...lol. Good luck to you.........HH.......gregd573

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim...you not only impressed some girl....but also me.... Smoking is a no win situation....I cant think of anything positive that comes from smoking.... I know what you are thinking....Now that you have impressed me....there are no more challenges left out there.....You MUST dream big....now go out and find that elusive gold coin....lol....Steve

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
stevesno said:
I know what you are thinking....Now that you have impressed me....there are no more challenges left out there.....

Well... then my work here is done. :tongue3:

Steve-o, I'll find another challenge... maybe I'll quit cussing so much.

Naa... fuck that.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I quit on february 23rd 1996 so it has been 12 years now.

I had trouble and went back and forth for years, finally a girl I was dating at the time hated it and though I didn't smoke around her I decided to give that to her for her birthday present so

I figured out when I smoked the most and avoided that.
I figured out when I was the weakest at it and stay away from that too

I still struggled and shook some from the urges but I didn't smoke, so I decided to give it to God and I wasn't a believer then. I simply prayed to God if He was real and wanted to prove Himself to Me, then He would remove all the addiction and urges I was having with it. God simply delivered to put it mildly.

Now I don't like to be around it. lol I see what she meant by telling me I stink ROFL,

Hang in there Jim, Trish and others you can do it :thumbsup: I am gona be praying for you all. It is the best thing I have ever done to my body.

Jim congrats on 6 months :) :thumbsup: That is a great achievement

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Congratulations to all of you who have managed to quit! I turned 40 in Feb. and started Chantix on Feb. 24 and smoked my last cig on March 5. If any of you are on the fence, please just get your Dr. to write you a prescription for this stuff. It will make the quitting process more tolerable, and the vivid dreams you will have are a nice side benefit. I still have some of the pills left, and have considered taking half of one ever now and then just to try to get those dreams back ;D ;D ;D. Good luck to all of you.. Gpurs..

T

trish76642

Hey Jim! I got my surprise in the mail today! Thank you so much! Yes i will wear it everyday, gonna give hubby one too.
Thank you so much!...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread