Anyone with experience on Gallstones?

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Sorry for the serious topic...

I had my third attack within 6 months last night. Woke me up at 4:00am and lasted over 2 hours. It was like a pair of vice grips clamped down on three of my ribs and squeezed them for maximum pain. They say that it will happen at night, after eating fatty foods. We'll, that day, I at taco bell, all day long. Nothing else.

I'm reading now about alternative medicines and the 'apple' purge (eat a bunch of pectin containing foods to dissolve them). And, on a serious note, I keep reading where people are able to see how many they 'pass'. My question is, how do they know this? Are they scavenging through their stool? I doubt I would be so adventurous.

Anyone have the stones surgically removed?

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm now reading where some home remades are just snake oil treatments. IE: olive oil and lemon juice as a 'flush' - But what's really going on, is that you're making soap inside you intestines (a fat and an acid makes 'soap'). I'll keep reading as gallbladder removal is last on my list.

BTW, not on any meds... and other than this, I'm a very healthy 37 year old male.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Don't mess around... get the problem taken care of now, before there are complications.

Years ago, I made the mistake of ignoring the symptoms and ended up with nearly fatal acute pancreatitis.

Today, thanks to laparascopic surgical procedures, having gallstones &/or the gallbladder removed is much less painful, and recovery time is generally greatly reduced as well.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Well, my concerns about gallbladder removal is the potential complications from not having this organ (chronic/loose stool, etc). After I do my own study (I'm pro-active like that, simply because I believe it's very hard to find a good doctor that 's even able to diagnose athletes foot these days), I'll probably have an ultrasound done to confirm the stones. Then go from there.

(I'm in Austin, Tx in case anyone wants to recommend a good doctor. I've yet to find one).

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
....an update in case anyone else is interested.
Since my last post, I think I've come across a rather unusual method of quicking fixing the 'attack' and removing all pain. I take an orbital sander, and place it against the my rib cage where the gal bladder is located (from the edge of the sander, not the flat part). The heavy vibrations knock that little bugger [stone] out of the gal bladder exit, and any bile that's traps, quickly gets relieved. I've had two more attacks since my last post (6 months?), and this method fixes the pain in a matter of seconds. ...I also lean to the right when I do this (not sure if that has anything to do with the 'fix').

I think I'll be keeping my gal bladder for now :wink:.

S

stefen

Mike,

By the time you quit screwing around you potential hospital bed may be a wooden box.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey! I have an answer to several questions and problems. It's new.

I had my gall bladder out about four years ago after suffering with gastro problems for YEARS! Finally they ran tests and discovered I had NO gallstones. The dang thing just didn't work!

So I had it out when I was 56 years old. Almost immediately I (and others) noticed that when I ate ANYTHING, I immediately had to go poop. No hesitation. Almost an emergency situation. Got to where I hated to travel.

Went to my doc for a totally different problem this summer and she asked about diarrhea. I told her I lived with that every day due to gallbladder surgery. She said they had discovered something rather unique. There's a cholesterol-lowering drug that straightens this out. They just have to monitor the cholesterol every so many months. What she gave me was Welchol, 625 mg tabs, and started me out with 3 pills before each meal. After a week, I realized that was TOO much, so after experimentation, 2 pills in the a.m. work for me for the day. And if I skip a day, it's ok. She found this amazing substantiation. She also was monitoring her father on this and he was doing excellent on the drug with beneficial results.

So tell your doc this info. I lived with this for years and am totally satisfied with this drug as far as gall bladder goes. Plus it lowers my cholesterol.

Noodle

Noodle

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my gallbladder cut out in 1994.

I asked my surgeon, and he said that I didn't need any special diets. Only that with no gallbladder, I would not digest fatty foods as well. To me, that meant that I would not absorb fats, and could eat anything without gaining as much weight as I normally would. My surgeon agreed.

In 14 years, I have had no problem with loose stools or anything like that. Pay the extra money, and have it done laproscopically. Three little slits, and voooop......you're done. In and out.

Best-Mike

T

trish76642

I had the surgery Mike. Mine got infected because i waited around and delt with the pain until it became so terrible i just stopped eating, i couldnt hold my head up because i was so sick. thats when i finally went to the doctor. Its not anything you should sit back and question, thinking it will go away because it doesnt, it only gets worse and you can become very very sick or worse than that you could die.

A lady i knew did just what your doing, hers got infected and she died. Yes...she died from an infected gallbladder/gallstones.

My youngest daughter at the age of 16 had the surgery too. They say its hereditary, she had so many stones when they did surgery they stopped counting them.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, I just had my gallbladder removed on 10-25-08, on my birthday!!!!!! That sucked, I wanted to party, but no - I had to stay in the hospital. Get it taken care of. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread