Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is NOT a joke..this g.d. cat is driving me nuts...two days yes thats right two days I been trying to get this tick off this cats butt... I am not joking round.. I have been scratched to death, clawed, bit, I have hog tied her... no luck, she keeps puckering...theres just no other way to explain this... she puckers, in it goes... OMG AM GOING TO SCREAM... and of course its one of those tiny little ticks... I threw a towel over her so I wouldnt get MORTALLY wounded at this point..but man you try pulling something off a cats behind, while their back legs are running in place..and TRY to hold the tail up so you can see it to begin with... what in blue blazes am I to do... I am going to try to stick some sticky tape to umm that area and hope it comes off that way... honestly I have no clue how on earth I am gonna git this off the cat.... I swear I get all the retarded animals... ONLY ME..sooo what should I do to get it off her.. I am not paying a vets fee to have a tick taken off her butt besides I would be mortified.... HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: OMG CAT HAS TICK ON HINEY HOLE HELPPPPPPPPPP

Go to the vet anyway, wrap you arms in gauze and stick band-aids on your face and neck and go in there crying --My por poor baby help! Maybe they will even give you a tranqualizer too! You can take it when you get home and sleep good all night --After you take off all the fake dressings! ;D

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ya know I have the worst luck.. drop dead serious.. few years ago my dog had a tick on its tongue.. that one was a tough one to get off..but this one.. good grief.. I have NEVER in my life seen anything like this.. and its NOT even MY CAT.. its my daughters.. but I hate those ticks and its gonna be a bad year for em this year.... at this point, I am laughing...the cat runs away from me now.. gee I wonder why... My daughter can take her to the vets..I am NOT doing that.. everyones laughing at me in this house..

alls I want in this life at my age is g.d. peace n quiet and my metal detector.. I really need a vacation.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

Hmm... :icon_scratch:

I guess holding a lit cigarette to the cat's butt (to make the tick drop off) is out :D

Probably ditto on covering the tick with nail polish remover :D

I certainly wouldn't recommend trying both at the same time :o :D

But DO make sure you get the "operation" on video ;D

(On the serious side, all I can think of is to spray the tick with something that won't do in the cat too. It has to be a fast application from the sounds of it (faster than the cat can react, anyway).... ;D)

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

Might irritate the cat a bit, but what about spraying some flea & tick repellent on the area ? Might cause the critter to let go on its own.

Oh yeah, a flea & tick collar, made for cats, not dogs, might do it in as well

Diggem'

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Coat the tick with a nice thick coating of vasalene.

Don't let the cat lick it off!
After a few minutes the tick will back off on it's own.

Thom

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Roll her in a bath towel like a burrito. Put her between your legs, squeeze a bit to hold the rear legs, and use one hand to hold the tail. Get the tweezers and get as close to the head as possible and pull it out. Don't try and grasp the whole tick though. Treat the area with an antibiotic cream like Neosporin. She should be OK. Just watch her for a few days.

Some popular methods of tick removal, such as using a hot match or nail or covering the tick with nail polish, alcohol, or petroleum jelly are not recommended because they increase the possibility of the tick passing on infection to the host.

Ticks should never be touched with bare hands. It is best to wear rubber gloves during tick removal; however, in the absence of gloves, hands can be covered with plastic. Tweezers, blunt forceps, curved-tip forceps, hemostats, tick spoons, tick nooses, tick pliers, or tick sliders can be effectively used for tick removal.

The tick should be slowly removed by grasping its mouth or head. Jerking, crushing, or squeezing of the tick should be avoided.

BTW, a hot cigarette or match will mean that those are no longer fake bandages or bandaids. ;D

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have to let her calm down for a bit.. she runs from me now...I mean, do you ya blame her... I hate THOSE TICKS.. shaking my head n saying only me...only me... I am going to try again in a bit... this is comical at this point.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

That's fine but if you post pics in Todays Finds........ ::) :nono: LOL

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

um no way am taking pictures ..sides.. you try holding a camera and the tail up in the air with the other.. no no no way.. I just wanna get the dam tick off the cat is all..

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: OMG CAT HAS TICK ON HER .. OH HECK NEVER MIND

Montana Jim said:
.44 cal, good aim, tick & cat taken care of. :thumbsup:

My God Jim, how big of a cat do you think she has?

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

LOL....girl, you slay me! Call a vet office and ask for advice. I'm sure your not the only one with this problem. Jim has a good idea. You can tell your daughter you had it "fixed" while she was gone if you miss....ROFL.....It's probably going to take more than one person to hold that cat still.
Holding the cat behind the neck like a mother cat does while moving it helps control movement. Good luck. Wish you had this on video. LOL

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

thats pretty funny, i would also try the vasaline, or mabey vicks, the cat might not lick it off, beats the heck out of being scratched

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

I think putting vicks on a cat's butt would have close to the same affect as terpentine.

"The most powerful liguid in the world"

LOL
Thom

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Felinepeachy said:
Montana Jim said:

:violent1:

Okay Booty, tell us exactly how you came to even notice a tick in that location. What was it that caught your eye?
ROFL ;D

to be honest..her umm back end is pink... and I saw this dark spot..and when she was standing I looked closer ( but very very carefully just in case it was YOU KNOW) and I saw the legs.. then the cussing started... and continues as well... and shes been hiding from me all day this am...gee I wonder why lol..I sent daughter a text message n said come home n get the dam tick off the cats butt, ITS NOT MY CAT OR IN MY JOB DESCRIPTION.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

this is just too funny! I don't do ticks...

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peachy, I got the frontline..now what is this stuff called revolution? and how soon do I use that ...and where do I buy the revolution stuff, at any pet store??

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Montana Jim said:

I'd hate to see the size of the tick that requires a .44 to kill it... But hey, I bet it would work. Man I hate ticks almost as bad as cats...... :tard: ;D :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions