Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a TOPICAL antibiotic until then--just apply it like mad. I use triple antibiotic cream to treat something like that I had on my arm. I felt sure it was a MRSA infection--rubbed an open cut with my digging glove was how I got it. I treated it ten times a day or so with the cream, and it eventually opened and drained--which was one of the most SICK things I've ever seen! Then went away. I still have a dark scar though from it!

That might help you until you start taking the BIG GUNS on Monday.

Keep us posted!

-Buckles

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Use a TOPICAL antibiotic until then--just apply it like mad. I use triple antibiotic cream to treat something like that I had on my arm. I felt sure it was a MRSA infection--rubbed an open cut with my digging glove was how I got it. I treated it ten times a day or so with the cream, and it eventually opened and drained--which was one of the most SICK things I've ever seen! Then went away. I still have a dark scar though from it!

Keep us posted!

-Buckles

Was that the big growth you popped in my car on the way to a hunt? That was frickin nasty!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kindafoundabuckle said:
BuckleBoy said:

Keep us posted!

-Buckles

Was that the big growth you popped in my car on the way to a hunt? That was frickin nasty!

You betcha. :P

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they have you all set up?

Attachments

• Computer20.jpg
    Computer20.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 522

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff really I hope its not serious and it gets better real quick! Let us know. At some hosp. you can fill a Scrip on the weekend at the hosp.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
if you are not sure if it is an infection or a bite, have someone draw a circle around it with a marker and see if it gets larger. if it does, go back to the hospital.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sheez Jeff you really know how to celebrate your bday... I hope you dont get a serious infection and am glad ya went to the hospital.. just hurry up n get those antibiotics ok.... stay well and try to enjoy your bday.. :thumbsup:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Not to get too graphic but Incision and Drainage is the prefered treatment for these types of wounds.

Not having a head is NOT diagnostic, since most of these infections lie just under the skin.

If it it MRSA triple antibiotic ointment is usually not effective against that type of infection. Jeff take you temperature at least three times daily and if your temp increases by 2.4 degrees F from your baseline go back to the hosptial. If it is an infection and it gets into your blood stream it can be very serious if not fatal.

Sorry not trying to be an alarmist. :-\

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
other then it appears the hole is
getting bigger in the middle
Not sure if it's Changing.

Yesterdays pic was Blurry so ?

Dosn't itch anymore

Picture 047.jpg

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

This is something serious, I would make a bee line straight to a Dr's office or back to ER ASAP!

Remember this? http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,81988.0.html

Yours looks in a bad location where you cannot reach it to apply medication.

My husband had one on his elbow, at first look like a fireant bite, the next day like a boil...he went to Dr's office that day...turns out it was that staph infection. He was on Cleocin 300 (Anti), Bactrim (Anti); using Phisohex 3% (prescription) to bathe with, cleaning the wound area with Hibiclens (OTC) and applying Bactroban 2% (prescription) to the wound, then going to Dr's office like twice a week for check up.

Don't wait...take action now!!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Jeff,

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope is was a great day for you and that all of your finds were gold.

I'm not sure whether it is a spider bite or an infection. Have you tried rubbing alcohol on it. If it is an infection, the alcohol may help shrink it until you can get your prescription filled. You will have to apply the alcohol several times a day though. Hope it helps.

The only way that we can be sure exactly which bacteria it is, if it is one, is to due a culture. A culture is where they some some fluid out of the wound and grow it in a petri dish.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I would go to a different doctor, if I were you.

Best,
rmptr

...short story... a friend's girlfriend became ill... kinda non-descript, listless, wasting away.
went to doctor here, there, and eventually went to a small clinic in a little town when she happened to be feeling particularly bad.

Small town, smaller clinic... NOT much money for funding... the physician was from India.
He immediately identified her problem, as ghiardia(sp), which is common in India because of a prevalence of brackish water... She had gotten it from our small town water supply... The boyfriend lived on the end of a waterline loop that was NOT used much. The bug flourished in the waterlines!
Larry? Well, he didn't drink water....

Get another opinion!

rmptr

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I wouldn't wait either, go see another doctor or hospital. Brown recluse bites start out like that , very unlikely
that a tick bite would cause the flesh to degrade like that. Don't wait & good luck.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tubecity said:
I wouldn't wait either, go see another doctor or hospital. Brown recluse bites start out like that , very unlikely
that a tick bite would cause the flesh to degrade like that. Don't wait & good luck.

My Nephew thinks Brown recluse also.
Didn't think they were in PA

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff they are finding all kinds of bugs and plant diseases as well as human and animal all over in places they have never been before,in laws had a copperhead in the back yard last year, (neighbor brought it in to the garage next door in a bail of hay, and on the news they just said BIRD FLU in Arkansas.

So a spider being blown in a storm or someone traveling or moving definatly could carry one!

Please dont wait around get a second opion!

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I've known of brown recluses here in west. Pa. my whole life & it's said the black widow gets blamed for bites
that the recluse is probably responsible for. Some folks believe the recluse to be more of a threat than the widow.

Jeff, have you worn any clothing lately, (shirts, jackets) that may have been not been worn for awhile. Perhaps
hanging in a basement or garage for some time. I heard of an elderly guy who wore an old flannel shirt that had
not been worn for some time & was bitten by a spider that had been inside that shirt. It's a possibility.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Hope whateverer it is is nothing serious....Nice to see the members here really care....'course I couldn't help but notice Bootybays cat post has gotten almost as many views as yours... ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 legged ~~~~ 4 legged we give advice on both! But Jeff you we love! :icon_sunny:

Pets we all have loved them and delt with I think sometimes we feel more comfrotable giving advice on 4 legged!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread