Wagons (and Uhauls) West....Big Move Today!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
We are here....Finally! Ran into some really bad accidents and were detoured out of the way....a long way out of our way.....really hard with grandpa driving the Uhaul and pulling the trailer......we ended up spending the night in Rockford and lost grandma and her vehicle somewhere in St Louis...she finally straggled in a couple of hours after we got here! LOL......Got the truck unpacked ...but the Uhaul and trailer are still loaded and going to have to stay that way overnight because we are tired!!!..... :-* :-* :-*.....

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much $$$ have you burnt up is gas?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
So glad you made it! I would have had a hard time leaving your lil building out back as well. That was great but I know you will have an even greater new one soon! We want pics the entire process!! ;D Praying for a great start in your new place and many many happy years building your life there! Love ya lady! ~hugsnprayers~ Cyn

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Gypsy ! Glad your trip whent ok.I would be pretty excited about getting out and exploring the new area and cheakin everything out ! Take care and good luck ! :thumbsup: :-*

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Gypsy Heart said:
We are here....Finally! Ran into some really bad accidents and were detoured out of the way....a long way out of our way.....really hard with grandpa driving the Uhaul and pulling the trailer......we ended up spending the night in Rockford and lost grandma and her vehicle somewhere in St Louis...she finally straggled in a couple of hours after we got here! LOL......Got the truck unpacked ...but the Uhaul and trailer are still loaded and going to have to stay that way overnight because we are tired!!!..... :-* :-* :-*.....

YeeHaw! Everybody made it there safe! That's great news! :-*

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm happy everybody made it there safely, Christy. I hope we'll see some pictures soon!! :icon_sunny:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you made it safe & sound.

:wink: RR

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Thanks for the update Christy,

Glad the trip was a smooth one.
once the chaos of settling is past you will have to post some photos of the trip.

(I just know you took some)

LOL
Thom

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks everyone....I am just so happy not to be driving! Gas was expensive in Illinois...4.07....but in Republic,Mt.Olive and Springfield its 3.79......I had a 17 foot Uhaul truck pulling a 9 foot trailer....and trust me....it was loaded down....I dont think you could have gotten a pencil in there after I was finished packing....Then I had my truck and I installed a full over the cab rack before i left so that i could carry kayaks etc on top and still have the bed to load down which I did!!!! We really did look like the Beverly Hillbillies..... The Uhaul pulling the trailer used about 375.00 of gas.....my pickup ...94 stick F150XTL used about 200.00.....The Uhaul cost 700.00 to rent ...4 days ,853 free miles ....lucky me I was just under the mileage (840) LOL.....but then I had to rent that extra trailer because I ran out of room....and that cost another 200.......and then lets not forget the insurance on the Uhaul and trailer....that was 70.00 becaues if you get in an acciddent ,your own insurance wont cover the Uhaul and if you break something on an uhaul ...you pay.....
This morning the girls and I started unloading and finally got the uhaul unloaded about 3....the yard ,field and drive looked like an auction was going on and all day people kept stopping to see if we were having a sale......by about noon I was ready to say yes and start selling the stuff....we still have furninture all over the drive....the 30 foot storage unit is half full an d the three car garage is packed.....and somewhere in all of this ....is a kitchen that is buried under boxes.....But it is so worth it....Missouri is just beautiful.....Steve took me on a ride past Wilson Battle field this afternoon and I was just amazed.....the hills are absolutely breathtaking.....we found many sites we plan on hitting.....then he took the girls and I to the Old wire road and the butterfield Stage road.....it was so cool....the girls waded in a spring creek just below an old campsite from the Civil War.....We cant wait to get detecting!
.....Thanks everyone!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good to see you made it

!!!Copy of photogypsies.jpg

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Welcome to MO.Glad everyone is safe and sound.It'll take you over a yr to really get the layout of this country as every county has something unique and Silver Dollar City is just waiting for those girls.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

That picture is just too cute...