My heart goes out to the cop.
And my thanks, as well.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Re: Police Kill Man Who Stomped Baby to Death

This sad event will be changed by some of the press. I wouldn't be suprised if they don't blame the cop and try him for murder. A person who becomes a police officer
with the idea of protecting people is taking a chance. If you try to protect someone you could be shot, beat up or tried for commiting a crime.
I had an uncle that was passing a house and saw a dog killing a child that was four years old. He never thought about what would happen if he stepped in, he rushed up on the porch and killed the dog with a jack handle. the dog had the kids face in his mouth and she had to have surgery, 60 stitches but survived. Grady, my uncle spent the next ten years in court, for tresspassing, killing the dog and the suffering of the owners. My opinion, the Judge of the first court apperance should have gotten the business end of that jack handle.
The childs parents never got involved, paid the hospital bill and the child did the suffering. The child was attracted to the dog, a german shepard and was going to pet him. That was an inticement that kids are drawn to, like a pool in your yard that drowns kids if you have no security.
As I see this, the problem was solved by the cop, any animal or human that act like one should be stopped by what ever method is quick when a child is involved.
I don't like to read news like this because so many people try to put a slant on it to justify that crazy persons action. No one in their right mind would have done this so we should be thankful the cop eliminated the problem, IMO, case closed.... Gnewt

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

gnewt,

The swimming pool thing or an accessable dog are called an "attractive nuisance" in legalese... owners are responsible to reduce those "attractive nuisances" or be held responsible for presenting a dangerous situation to children. Little children are naturally attracted... it's funny they didn't try to sue the little girl for trespassing!

It's about accountability - and this baby murderer got his. At least the taxpayers don't hafta foot the bill for this guy. At least he's not gonna be a public burden.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
It's about accountability - and this baby murderer got his. At least the taxpayers don't hafta foot the bill for this guy. At least he's not gonna be a public burden.

Damned Right!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Jim, this is your post...

It's a horrid grisly concept that wrecks my day when I read the title...

I'll mail you a dollar if you would change the thread title.
(I can't figure a way to hide it!)

Sry, I must be wimpy...
rmptr

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rmptr said:

Sry, I must be wimpy...
rmptr
its ok i feel the same way...aa

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

aa battery said:
rmptr said:

Sry, I must be wimpy...
rmptr

Done... :)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
aa battery said:
rmptr said:

Sry, I must be wimpy...
rmptr

Done... :)
Thanks Jim...aa

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
BuckleBoy said:
rmptr said:
What a nice fellow you are, Jim.

Thank you.
rmptr

now where's my dollar

Hey BB,

I HATE censorship!

So I thought I'd try bribery!

It's a valid post, a topic well deserved of discussion, but similar to the age limit question for the rubber room, I just kinda thought the grisly concept of the event presented in the post title is not something people REALLY need to see when scrolling through the listings to find a topic of interest to them.

Tnet is a nice place, and even though we discuss very serious concerns, and occasionally get upset with each other, it remains a great resource for all, in a pleasant environment.

Tnet is my third stop, each time I turn on the machine.
I scan big-time news, catch my emails, then go to Tnet because there is such a wealth of information here.
Frequently, things I hear on Tnet lead me on searches, elsewhere. It's a GREAT Website!

If it were my choice, perhaps I would have chosen 'Police Shooting Violent Man' or something like that...
Which is bad enough!
Sheesh! I feel for the cop who needed to resolve this gruesome situation!

Now, with 'A Very Bad Man' as the title, I'm fully aware of the subject matter because I've been here,
but it's not flashing that image through my brain!

Perhaps I've fooled myself?

Once again, Thanks Jim!

And Thank You Marc, for providing us an excellent website to gather at.

Best,
rmptr

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Um... I never saw the "Mail ya' a dollar" thing till just now... I skimmed over it I guess.

I changed it cause you guys asked me to, and I thought it may bother others as well... so I just did it.

Keep the dollar... :thumbsup:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Montana Jim said:
I can't wait to see the excuses people have for this guy...

I seldom get this angry when I read a story... this man's death is not good enough.

Reading this makes me sick...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367243,00.html

TURLOCK, Calif. — Police killed a 27-year-old man as he kicked, punched and stomped a toddler to death despite other people's attempts to stop him on a dark, country road, authorities said.

Investigators on Sunday were trying to establish the relationship between the suspect and the child they say he killed Saturday night. The Stanislaus County coroner said the boy appeared to be between 1 and 2 years old based on his size, according to county sheriff's deputy Royjindar Singh.

"It's been a long night of wondering, 'Why?' — not only for the officers and the passers-by who stopped and tried to help out, but for anyone. Why would somebody do this?" Singh said.

Singh said the coroner does not plan to confirm the identities of the suspect and victim until Monday. Because his injuries were so severe, the child will have to be identified through a blood or DNA test, he said.

The suspect had a child's car seat in the back of his four-door pickup truck. The truck caught the attention of an elderly couple at 10:13 p.m. Saturday because it was stopped in the two-lane road facing the wrong direction, Singh said.

As they got closer, the couple saw the man brutally beating the toddler behind his truck and throwing the child on the ground, according to Singh. Two or three other cars stopped, an unusual number to be passing through the remote area surrounded by a dairy, a cow pasture, a cornfield and a farmhouse, he said.

"What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

A sheriff's helicopter responding to emergency calls from the area landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child, Singh said.

Paramedics tried to resuscitate the toddler, who was not breathing when they arrived. The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No children within the dead boy's age range have been reported kidnapped or missing in Stanislaus County, Singh said.

The incident happened on Bradbury Road about 10 miles west of Turlock, a city located about halfway between Sacramento and Fresno.

Think I'd be in jail after I got done beating him the same way

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I would never be able to stand by and watch a grown man beating a baby to death. I would have been all over him. One of us would have been down and out before it was over.

He got what he deserved. Hope he rots in hell for what he did.

Ray S.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Don't be so sure you would jump in the middle of a situation like this. Maybe you haven't saw a 250 pound Meth addict screaming and fighting everything that comes near him after a 3day binge. And he's got joint custody. I have and most cops have too. Even tazers won't stop him. The method used ,sadly is the only effective way.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Montana Jim said:
gnewt,

The swimming pool thing or an accessable dog are called an "attractive nuisance" in legalese... owners are responsible to reduce those "attractive nuisances" or be held responsible for presenting a dangerous situation to children. Little children are naturally attracted... it's funny they didn't try to sue the little girl for trespassing!

Did he Jim? Seems to me he should have been slapped, shaken, stomped, kicked by at least somebody! >:(

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
not a man, jim. a devil. i wish the cops hadn't killed him but instead crippled him for life and put him in great pain. he could then live in hell for the rest of time.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros

plehbah said:
Who were these people that tried to intervene?

I have seen grown men on the streets of my city give aggressive bums extortion money, and fail to help when women are being harassed.

Ever heard of Kitty Genovese?

Weak people, and more specifically, weak men. I would have made him kill me before he could kill that kid.

What a lousy story.
i can't under stand how people can not step in and do the right thing. i'm the first in the mix when things go wrong. act fast. be decisive. not the same deal but i was at an ice festival a few years back. an old lady slipped on the bridge. she was hanging off the edge of the bridge. people were walking by her! i ran from about 100 ft. and dragged her up. she sure would have died in that ice water. i was appalled and wanted to beat some body!

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

wesfrye53 said:
Montana Jim said:
gnewt,

Did he Jim? Seems to me he should have been slapped, shaken, stomped, kicked by at least somebody! >:(

Seems like it, I know. But to what end? It costs more to keep a prisoner for four years then to send him to Yale for fours years... I say don't waste the money. For once there was a judge, jury, and executioneer right there when we needed him to be right there.

As much as I would like to know he's gonna suffer - he's better off now, and so are we.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread