Heres a shocker: Electricity bills are heading up. Way up.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a shocker: Electricity bills are heading up. Way up.

Utilities across the USA are raising power prices up to 29%, mostly to pay for soaring fuel costs, but also to build new plants and refurbish an aging power grid.

Even more dramatic rate increases are ahead. The mounting electric bills will further squeeze households struggling with spiraling gasoline prices.

Expect bigger rate shocks if federal legislation, anticipated by 2010, passes and forces coal-fired generators to pay fees to emit global-warming gases. American Electric Power, the largest coal-fired generator, will have to raise rates 115% to pay higher fuel costs, build new plants and recover global-warming fees, says Hugh Wynne of Bernstein Research. But Wynne says regulators could temper increases by trimming profits.

trim profits ? Oh Yea Right away. This will Happen :P

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2008-06-15-power-prices-rising_N.htm

R

Rennwaggen

Re: Here's a shocker: Electricity bills are heading up. Way up.

I saw something about this on the Today Show . . . they musta thought it was funny cause Matt was all giddy about it.

Combine that with their report about the flooding and how that is going to affect grain (specifically corn) prices, and thereby food prices, and he was in heaven.

Ever notice how some of these reporters get all happy about bad news?

Kinda like how the weatherman here perks up when he thinks there may be a tornado in the area.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Just about the time electric cars are affordable the price of electricity will equal, or exceed, gasoline in miles/cost.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guy In Back said:
Just about the time electric cars are affordable the price of electricity will equal, or exceed, gasoline in miles/cost.

Absolutely.

And if they found a way to run cars on air,
Every Purchaser would have to pay a Tax Equil to
the Cost of Fuel at the time.
we will never be allowed a break.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

...and I just bought more electric powered shop machinery...

Don't EVER ask me for investment advice! :(

rmptr

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am so disquisted with how everything is going.. Mother Nature is surely pissed off big time and is telling us to clean up our acts fast.. yet no one listens... Electric going up? This b.s. is out of control, I am to the point I am getting many oil lamps..hell I will sit here with oil lamps lit if I have to and use as less electricity as I can.. am glad my house isnt heated by electric but it is heated by gas so thats a no win situation there... I am starting to feel like little house on the prairie.. :'(

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500

i hear booty we live in the dark most of the time less use of elec from last year to this year bill last yr 79.00 this yr 111.00 and the biggies say save for your own retirement . LMAO.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros

the rich get richer at the expense of us workin guys. this could have been solved a long time a go but some greedy slobs wouldn't be rich today.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I feel we've been living too easily for a long time, we've gotten too much for too little.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Time to make some hard choices and tighten our belts.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

Everybody should start getting into the habit of conserving now, before the price hikes hit. I've started keeping electronic devices unplugged until I need to use them (like the DVD player.) Even on "standby", each one will suck up quite a bit of power each month. (Too bad the dang VCR needs to have the clock reset if it loses power. >:( So it gets to stay plugged in. :D)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions