911 called twice today.

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
We had just came in and sat down from hunting a few hours and all of a sudden I heard our phone "hello Hello anyone there. I took the phone from our 10 month old and said hello. The response was hello 911 how can I help you. My response was at first uhhh uhhh. Then I went on to explain a 10 month old did it, knowing they were thinking yeah right. Anyway we all hung up and my wife is laughing at me. We both thought no he couldnt dial 911 , so I dialed redial and 911 popped up so I hung up before it rang little did I know it was to late. They called back and here we go again, and of course this time I said he hit redial bcuz I wasnt gonna take the blame, they had to send 2 officers out this time. I took christopher out with me this time and said here's the culprit we need a break anyway so take him with you a few hours. They quickly proceeded back to their cars then. The story really doesnt stop there. I have a 9 yr old a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old and a 10 mo old they have all called 911 at some point.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
A 911 hangup will probably bring a faster response than anything...

They just don't know... and it is their job to find out.

I would say those children need more educating.

Bringing armed response into a home is no joke.

Best,
rmptr

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
ummm.... who's watching the 10 month old... the 9 year old?

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Guy In Back said:
ummm.... who's watching the 10 month old... the 9 year old?

Heh! Don't start asking legal-type questions- you'll get this thread deleted!

I haven't checked in a while, but in Arizona the minimum age for babysitters was 12. Probably changed by now....

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
We get tons of kids dialing 911. And yes a hangup or no repsonse will get me knocking on th door rather quick. Here are some other culprits - cell phones with one key programmed to dial 911, then it gets pushed, we get to listen to your conversation :o :o :o that you are having with that intimate partner. (Please lock the keypad when not in use). Some cordless phones will auto dial 911 when the battery gets low (Please keep it charged or change the battery). Some auto dial security systems will dial 911 if the power goes out (check to see and disable - when the power goes out we get flooded with calls).

As for the kids, ask the officer to explain why they are there as a result of the kid dialing 911. Usually, we will if we aren't busy. Heck, I even had one kid dial 911 after I left to tell the dispatcher he was sorry and won't do it again ;D (I maintain my stance that I had no part of that one :angel11:...but the Supervisor didn't believe me.)

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
my kids did it too. others also. one 3 am on a cold rainy night i responded to an open line 911 four miles out. about a mile from "in" i saw two bicycles coming toward me. i thought how dumb. after checking out the old pole garage and a close encounter with a cat. HOLY CRAP! it's furry and rubbing me, i figured it out. the phone off the hook, i said good night to the dispatcher. i told the S.P.s but what good? had to be to work at six. no sleep again.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kids!
When mine were little we started getting long distance charges on our bill for numbers we did'nt call. 222-1211-222 or 111-221-2222 you get the idea.
Kids always mimic adults activities not realizing what they are doing. I asked my daughter why she was calling on the phone and she said "mommy does it when she wants to talk to someone and I wanted to talk also". You hear of many stories of kids calling 911 when its necessary, and I thinks its great they have been educated to do that. They have saved peoples lives, but you made a great point by realizing that when it is a mistake, don't hit re-dial. :thumbsup:

Steve

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
Hemisteve said:
Kids!
When mine were little we started getting long distance charges on our bill for numbers we did'nt call. 222-1211-222 or 111-221-2222 you get the idea.
Kids always mimic adults activities not realizing what they are doing. I asked my daughter why she was calling on the phone and she said "mommy does it when she wants to talk to someone and I wanted to talk also". You hear of many stories of kids calling 911 when its necessary, and I thinks its great they have been educated to do that. They have saved peoples lives, but you made a great point by realizing that when it is a mistake, don't hit re-dial. :thumbsup:

Steve
i caught my young grand son playing on the phone. i asked what are you doing? he said, calling china! OMG!

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
LMAO, Ya 911 hang-ups get fast response, my sister called, 911 to say my step-dad was hitting my mom, 2 minutes later cops show up, I call and hang up immediately when my step dads about to shoot me 30 seconds cops kicking down the door.....except I think the neighbors also called so maybe they just put to and to together. No sirens either :D sneaky little devils!

Semper Fi :sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread