Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My question has nothing to do with treasure, are you supposed to get paid b

cam9457 said:
I was involved in an accident at work about two and a half years ago that should have killed me and the town of Allentown Pa. I happened to be in the right place at the right time to stop six runaway LPG (gasoline) railroad tankers that were rolling down an incline toward our haz-mat yard that contains dozens and dozens of LPG, chlorine, pure ammonia, acid......BAD STUFF. The RR yard I was working in is in downtown Allentown Pa. The cars became runaways because the corperation I work for refused to fix a major safety appliance. Long story short, the cars didn't blow up or leak, but I wound up at the bottom of an embankment in a frozen drainage creek. I wound up with quite a few disabilities as a result. I'm not quite sure how but a cable tv network got my story and wants to film me telling my story of that night. They flew in a two person crew a few weeks ago(camera guy and interviewer) that came to our apartment to film a brief interview of my story and to see I was in front of a camera. I later found out the tape I guess was used to sell me and my story to the network. They havescheduled the actual tapeing for about two weeks from now here in Philly. I am also going to take a camera guy to a public spot where he can get footage of the particular rail operation where I was hurt. The contact person I've been speaking with sent me a copy of "the standard TV release form" to look over to see if I have any questions ahead of time. They haven't mentioned anything about paying me for any of this. That is my question, should I bring up the money issue? Do people usually get paid for this type of thing?
shockwave ?

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No shockwave, just failed brake retarders. Just found out today that I guess sometimes you do get paid for your "time and generosity".

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cam9457 said:
No shockwave, just failed brake retarders. Just found out today that I guess sometimes you do get paid for your "time and generosity".
no the tv show "Shockwave"
http://www.history.com/minisites/shockwave/

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different show but that one is pretty cool!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did you mention a contract?

It all depends on what you may have signed.

Talk to an attorney.

B

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well it sure would be nice for you to get something positive out of the ordeal you have gone through!!! You have to let us all know when this will air. I for one would be most interested in watching. My brother lives near Allentown and i"m sure he would thank you as would many others. We applaud your efforts and can't wait to see the story!

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't signed anything just yet, I spoke to my attorney today and he said the release was normal and not exclusive meaning they don't have exclusive rights to the story or anything. He has actually worked with this network before, he was the DA here in Philadelphia that got Ira Ienhorn back from France and prosecuted him and was on a show about the murder. Deb I'm not sure when it will air but I'll let you know when I do. I'm not looking for thank yous or anything(although it's nice to hear), I just feel that people should know what almost happened and the lies and everything that go with it. The RR's only thank you was to drop my dependents healthcare, stop paying me and attempt to put me at fault for the whole thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread