545 People decide how we live and what it costs!

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this on another forum - Good read!

545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ .

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Thanks for posting this Steve. I've copied it and plan on posting it here under numerous different titles. As well as the six other forums where I'm a member. Also sending it to everyone in my e-mail address book. And I have the direct access for a couple of larger corporations, via e-mail. Plus I'm going mass e-mail it to Fox News and CNN

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I agree 100%. Vote the bums out.

Lets send a message and start over. The current, entrenched, politicians, are totally out of touch with the real world. Most of them have their own agenda, but sadly, it is not to better the country.

Personally, I am sick and tired of all the lies and unfulfilled empty promises made by these folks. They are ruining our great country with their ignorance and inaction.

Just my two cents.

Ray S

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
WoW!

Great post HS!

I've clipped it, and will run it around a bit, also...

Thanks,
rmptr

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there has got to be a faster way to get these bums out of office rather than voting them out.....maybe spread the word around the world that they are all anti GREEN, or maybe spotted owl haters,or maybe greedy,lying,fake human beings (sorry, that won't work,everyone knows that already)
TT i'm sure you have some good things we could do.....tell us what to do...........
TO the liberals out there: please give your opinions too, that way we will know what not to do, for sure.
george

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Carrier is responsible for the sad state of affairs, today.

DC is built on swampy ground. Too hot and humid in the summer months.

The congress, assembled, used to shut down for that hottest time of year. It was unbearable, indoors.

...until the development of air conditioning when Carrier installed in all the govt buildings.
Then, a proliferation of new laws came into existence...

at least that's the way I heard it...

Best,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread