A Rednecks Core Beliefs - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    389 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: A Redneck's Core Beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by stoney56
    Quote Originally Posted by COUNTRY GIRL
    Correct me if I'm wrong......A Redneck is just a modern day term for Yankee?
    We can allow that if'n you know the difference between sweet tea and sweetend tea.
    The only cafes and restaurants that have true sweet tea are located in the south; in Texas, and in Oklahoma. I've NEVER been in a cafe in the north that knew what true sweet tea is and how to make it. They'll all give you the glass of tea and some packs of sugar and call THAT sweet tea.

The idea of white socks and Blue Ribbon beer comes from a Country song titled, "Redneck, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer", recorded by "Catfish" Johnny Russell back in the 1970s. I have a copy of it on a 45 record as well as his record, "Butterbeans". He recorded a lot of really good songs and I wish he was still around.

"Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    52 times

wasn't that guy in deliverance raped/sodomized by rednecks?
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    106 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by EDDE
    NOBODY wants to be a Deliverence Redneck...
    EVERYBODY wants to be a Jeff Foxworthy Redneck.

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    389 times

NOT HARDLY. The modern day term for "Yankee" cannot be spoken or written on a family friendly site.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

us

Jan 2007
    389 times

Quote Originally Posted by EDDE
    Actually, those sodomites in Deliverance were the offspring of ex-employees of the Kennedy family. That compound life in Hayanessport has some straaaaaage results.

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    106 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstack
    NOT HARDLY. The modern day term for "Yankee" cannot be spoken or written on a family friendly site.

Yup - still fighting the war down there aren't ya.

us

Jan 2007
    389 times

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Jim

And which war would you be speaking of?

--The Spanish American
    --World War I
    --World War II
    --The Korean War
    --The Viet Nam War
    --The Granada fight
    --Desert Storm
    --Iraqi Freedom

Southerners have fought in all of these. As a matter of historical fact, more combat medals for valor were awarded to southern men in WWI and WW II than all of the other sections of the US combined.

Still fighting "The" war? No. Still remembering the Reconstruction days of 1865, 1866, 1867, etc. ? Maybe.

um
    Feb 2007
    Please don't yell !
    10 times

You've got to be kiddin. The worlds fallen apart and someones still got some idiotic idea that there's a difference between the people of the south vs the north. People are people, we all love our moms wanna be liked,and bleed red. Sheesh !
    http://www.thegoldenolde.com

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    106 times
    Banner Finds (1)

And which war would you be speaking of?

--The Spanish American
    --World War I
    --World War II
    --The Korean War
    --The Viet Nam War
    --The Granada fight
    --Desert Storm
    --Iraqi Freedom

Southerners have fought in all of these. As a matter of historical fact, more combat medals for valor were awarded to southern men in WWI and WW II than all of the other sections of the US combined.

Still fighting "The" war? No. Still remembering the Reconstruction days of 1865, 1866, 1867, etc. ? Maybe.
    There ya' go. Yea, reconstruction, aggression, LMAO, whatever helps you sleep.

You forgot the Indian Wars, southerners helped aggress those people too.

I can only claim Operation Southern Watch for myself.

My NY license plates have stopped traffic and my NY accent has stopped people in their tracks "down south"... I know, I KNOW that "yankees" are still hated and not trusted because of... well, I dunno because of? I've been in ten other countries - it's the rural southern United States I feel the most uncomfortable in...

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Jim, come on down to Okla. We'll spread out the BBQ, fried chicken, sweet team, etc. The boss is a 30 year transplanted Yankee from Jersey. Still has that nasal twang. LOL

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    106 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by stoney56
    Jim, come on down to Okla. We'll spread out the BBQ, fried chicken, sweet team, etc. The boss is a 30 year transplanted Yankee from Jersey. Still has that nasal twang. LOL
    Thanks Stoney...

I guess we all are who and what we are... I'm defending my own too and really don't want to argue, and shouldnt and now feel like I highkacked the topic...

Sorry.

Smee

My NY license plates have stopped traffic and my NY accent has stopped people in their tracks "down south"... I know, I KNOW that "yankees" are still hated and not trusted because of... well, I dunno because of? I've been in ten other countries - it's the rural southern United States I feel the most uncomfortable in...
    Well, its just that y'all talks funny, as in: "Hey Yous guys!" and I still ain't figerd out them folks from Boston. They talk like they got clams up their noses.

Justin Wilson always said that a Yankee is any one from north of Denham Springs, Louisiana.

us

Jan 2007
    389 times

There ya' go. Yea, reconstruction, aggression, LMAO, whatever helps you sleep.

You forgot the Indian Wars, southerners helped aggress those people too.
    I can only claim Operation Southern Watch for myself.
    Why are you and MD Dog so emotional? Whenever the subject of The War of Northern Aggression comes up there are always somefolks who get sooooo emotional. And they're usually from north of the Mason / Dixon Line. If you'll reread my previous post, you'll not find any vindictive comments or ugly words. YOU made the statement, "Yup - still fighting the war down there aren't ya." and I asked you which war--then gave you some choices to enable you to be more accurate in your comment. Then, you regaled us with how some folks in the south stopped and looked at you when you spoke and noticed your NY license plate. Did those people make fun of you? Hurt you feelings? Anything? Or was it your own paranoia that was making you see things that weren't there?

When I retired from active duty military, I drove a truck for one of the larger trucking companies. The ONLY time I ever heard "trash talk" and name calling on the CB radio was when I had to go to Philadelphia, Pa; or NYC; or anywhere else in that area. If an American of African decent spoke up on the CB, there would be 2 or 3 guys, at least, talking over each other, telling him to "get off my radio n-----." I NEVER, EVER heard that kind of $hit-talk anywhere else in the country.

As far as the Indian Wars, there probably were a few southern gentlemen in the US Calvary. But, the Lokata, Sioux, Apache, etc, probably didn't keep diaries concerning the nationalities of those exterminating their tribes in the name of progress.

The only "Yankees" that are truly hated and mistrusted are those bringing drugs and other filth into our states. Otherwise, no problem. If the South is so terrible, why are so many Yankees moving down here to retire? It's because they can't stand their neighbors "up there".

If you feel so uncomfortable "in the South"; it's YOUR problem, NOT ours.

Happy hunting.

um
    Feb 2007
    Please don't yell !
    10 times

[/quote]

Who are you kiddin Shortstack ? Not me.
    http://www.thegoldenolde.com

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    106 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Why are you and MD Dog so emotional? Whenever the subject of The War of Northern Aggression comes up there are always somefolks who get sooooo emotional. And they're usually from north of the Mason / Dixon Line. If you'll reread my previous post, you'll not find any vindictive comments or ugly words. YOU made the statement, "Yup - still fighting the war down there aren't ya." and I asked you which war--then gave you some choices to enable you to be more accurate in your comment. Then, you regaled us with how some folks in the south stopped and looked at you when you spoke and noticed your NY license plate. Did those people make fun of you? Hurt you feelings? Anything? Or was it your own paranoia that was making you see things that weren't there?
    Nobody hurt my feelings or made fun - they just made me uncomfortable... and thats my problem? Maybe it is... I'm more defensive than emotional. You asked which war and left out the war of northern aggression... like it was not obvious. I told the stories to but some personal experience behind the assertation. I guess my NY accent was just SUCH an oddity that I could make 50 people stop in their tracks in a mall and stare at me... maybe I am paranoid!

When I retired from active duty military, I drove a truck for one of the larger trucking companies. The ONLY time I ever heard "trash talk" and name calling on the CB radio was when I had to go to Philadelphia, Pa; or NYC; or anywhere else in that area. If an American of African decent spoke up on the CB, there would be 2 or 3 guys, at least, talking over each other, telling him to "get off my radio n-----." I NEVER, EVER heard that kind of $hit-talk anywhere else in the country.
    You never heard the N word south of the MD Line?

As far as the Indian Wars, there probably were a few southern gentlemen in the US Calvary. But, the Lokata, Sioux, Apache, etc, probably didn't keep diaries concerning the nationalities of those exterminating their tribes in the name of progress.
    Actually they did - they called the negros "buffalo soldiers" for, amongst other things, their bravery. I'm sure all the whites looked the same.

The only "Yankees" that are truly hated and mistrusted are those bringing drugs and other filth into our states. Otherwise, no problem. If the South is so terrible, why are so many Yankees moving down here to retire? It's because they can't stand their neighbors "up there".
    It's cheaper and warmer in the south - thats why.

If you feel so uncomfortable "in the South"; it's YOUR problem, NOT ours.
    Huh? It's "my" job to feel welcome? I see... that must be where I went wrong...

I'm sorry I "went there" on this topic... which really should be about the original post.

I am defensive about being lumped into a term that is almost always derogatory when used, and, always and only used by southerners, or as in the first post, asked to accept that only "red necks" can have the traits outlined.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links