A Rednecks Core Beliefs

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Re: A Redneck's Core Beliefs

I've always considered Jeff Foxworthy to be an expert on defining who or what is a "Redneck". I don't think your region of the country would qualify you anymore than sittin in a church makes you a Christian or sittin in a garage makes you a car. I think it's more of an attitude or a personality trait.

A Yankee on the other hand has also been pretty well defined as definitely relating to a certain region of the country, namely the North East.

Shortstack said:
PBK said:

Amen and Amen. Thanks PBK for the thread. :coffee2:

I'm not sure I understand this linked post. Am I to understand that you support the bigoted statements posted in this rant ? Maybe it's meant to be humorous and I just don't get it. The guy seems to be referring to his whiteness allot as though he had something to do with it. And his quest to tell everyone how great the area around Atlanta is compared to the north of Atlanta crowd seems to ramble and lash out at any and everyone who's not from the Atlanta area. I especially liked the way he assumes everyone wants to move to his area, last I saw they had no water, High Crime rates, Fire ants, Poisonous snakes, Pet eating alligators, 100 degree days with 100% humidity. Sorry guy I got no desire to move to your part of the country.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MD Dog said:
I've always considered Jeff Foxworthy to be an expert on defining who or what is a "Redneck". I don't think your region of the country would qualify you anymore than sittin in a church makes you a Christian or sittin in a garage makes you a car. I think it's more of an attitude or a personality trait.

A Yankee on the other hand has also been pretty well defined as definitely relating to a certain region of the country, namely the North East.

Shortstack said:
PBK said:

Amen and Amen. Thanks PBK for the thread. :coffee2:

I'm not sure I understand this linked post. Am I to understand that you support the bigoted statements posted in this rant ? Maybe it's meant to be humorous and I just don't get it. The guy seems to be referring to his whiteness allot as though he had something to do with it. And his quest to tell everyone how great the area around Atlanta is compared to the north of Atlanta crowd seems to ramble and lash out at any and everyone who's not from the Atlanta area. I especially liked the way he assumes everyone wants to move to his area, last I saw they had no water, High Crime rates, Fire ants, Poisonous snakes, Pet eating alligators, 100 degree days with 100% humidity. Sorry guy I got no desire to move to your part of the country.

Apparently you have no idea who Lewis Grizzard is because if you did you'd appreciate the humor involved in that post. Please, don't allow your ignorance to be displayed any further. Let's just give it a rest.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Hello there Tubecity, I just read your post. I missed it earlier and I am sorry I did because I think it is one of the better items that I have read in a while. Ray karenray08.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MD Dog said:
Your right Shortstack I'm totally ignorant when it comes to bigoted white southern ranting comics ! :icon_scratch:

You see, we can agree on something after all. :thumbsup: Now, how about those bigoted black ranting comics........ :evil7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasureTales said:
MD Dog said:
Sorry guy I got no desire to move to your part of the country.

I"m sure they're relieved to know that.

:sign10: :occasion14: :occasion18: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread