rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I got the opposing views to d/l...

Yah, what's up with that?

Why don't they DRIVE the 150mpg car cross country instead of trucking it?

I see lots of Harleys in trailers, too!

Good movie... Horatio's Road Trip
First automobile cross country drive, in a Winton, I think it was...

Great film.
PBS or history channel production. something like that.

Best,
rmptr

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
rmptr said:
I got the opposing views to d/l...

Yah, what's up with that?

Why don't they DRIVE the 150mpg car cross country instead of trucking it?

I see lots of Harleys in trailers, too!

Good movie... Horatio's Road Trip
First automobile cross country drive, in a Winton, I think it was...

Great film.
PBS or history channel production. something like that.

Best,
rmptr

Did you notice since the price of gas has gone up (way UP) that we are becoming aware of various research and developments that have been around for years and not (very) publicized. At least, that fact applies to me. I am sure that some of the TNet members have been aware of this information and lot more, but I am referring to the general public ( that would be the rest of us)

I do not know how much of this information is based on fact or fiction, but it is interesting to see how varied the gas saving developments are and how quickly they got into the spotlight. You have to love the World Wide Web.

I am sure that there are lots of great ideas and technology floating around and as I come across any mention of them I will share with all the TNet members, both pro and con. You can never have too much information. Hope you enjoyed the read.

Happy Hunting.

Ray S

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That's how I feel about it Ray...

Sometimes I post clips I run across that I don't necessarily agree with.
But it's 'different' information than we get from the talking heads, and at least interesting...

Marc has been absolutely GREAT to provide us with an opportunity to rant, and discuss politics and religion.

As long as we don't get caught up in arguments, flaming and such, we might qualify as a 'think tank'!

...pretty lofty goal, huh? ;D

I just found another gloom and doom clip last night, to post.
And I'm only gonna post it because I've never quite heard the stuff presented this way...

Argentina???

Best,
rmptr

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
I don't have any problems with hybrid vehicles. Anything to get off of oil is fine by me. The problem with hybrids is that not everyone in the country lives in New York or Los Angeles. Hybrids get relatively crappy gas mileage on a highway trip. This is considering that you can buy many decent sized cars right now that get at least 30 mpg on the highway (my 2000 Pontiac Bonneville gets close to 35 mpg driven like a normal person at highway speeds). But like I said, for city driving they are a great idea. 150mpg sounds a little optimistic in my humble opinion though ;D

John

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
I don't think I will be handing over the smart key to my Prius just yet.
As for now I will just watch and wait till I see working models that do what they say they can do.
Like the 3rd gen Prius, IF Toyota ever finishes it >:(
HH,
Donny

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Hello to the group,

I've read more on the subject.

HHOFORUMS.com is a good place to review ongoing dialog. Look for smith3jetta... something like that!

I would seriously doubt a 150mpg gasoline powered car that had any truly useful capacity.

Once you employ some of the power generated by the engine, to charge a battery, then use that battery to energize an HHO HOD device, you are no longer running upon gasoline only.

Yes, it can be of assistance. It will most likely pay for itself, because the blasted gasoline has gotten so expensive!

Be advised, these fellows are also doing the other things which are also known to improve economical driving.

They are strongly advising 'hypermiling' which is basically operating your vehicle as frugally as possible.
Slow, steady acceleration, coasting up to a traffic stop, coasting downhill in neutral, and all the other mileage tricks.

Critical in our newest vehicles fitted with the HOD system will be the EFIE which 'fools' the computer and does not allow it to overfuel, and even leans out the air/fuel mixture.

On an older vehicle using a distributor, you may advance the ignition timing to a point where the engine pings under heavy load, avoid that circumstance by driving frugally, and you will enjoy superior mileage.

Anyone could do this, without the HOD system.

Or you could do it with only a water vapor injector, which retards the burn, and allows advanced timing with a bit less pinging.

Preheating the fuel by a simple device attached to a radiator hose is also advised. It works! Always has...

As a Tnet member stated, buy your gas first thing in the morning, especially when buying a full tank.

Slightly over inflate your tires on that long, straight, hi-way trip.

Make a choice... driveability enhanced by horsepower and torque which dumps a certain amount of raw, unburned fuel in the process, or striving for the best mileage from each gallon of gasoline.

As the above may seem critical of HHO HOD systems, I'll express one simple fact, which makes it entirely worthwhile... The HHO is indeed flammable, and itself can produce energy through combustion.

The device is easily constructed and the generation process is very simple.
At this point I just don't know if Autotune or some of the other pricey, prefabricated systems are producing a bolt on product that is well refined for all circumstances we encounter in our haphazard daily driving.

I'll post more on the subject as I find it.

Best,
rmptr

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
rmptr said:
Hello to the group,

I've read more on the subject.

HHOFORUMS.com is a good place to review ongoing dialog. Look for smith3jetta... something like that!

I would seriously doubt a 150mpg gasoline powered car that had any truly useful capacity.

Once you employ some of the power generated by the engine, to charge a battery, then use that battery to energize an HHO HOD device, you are no longer running upon gasoline only.

Yes, it can be of assistance. It will most likely pay for itself, because the blasted gasoline has gotten so expensive!

Be advised, these fellows are also doing the other things which are also known to improve economical driving.

They are strongly advising 'hypermiling' which is basically operating your vehicle as frugally as possible.
Slow, steady acceleration, coasting up to a traffic stop, coasting downhill in neutral, and all the other mileage tricks.

Critical in our newest vehicles fitted with the HOD system will be the EFIE which 'fools' the computer and does not allow it to overfuel, and even leans out the air/fuel mixture.

On an older vehicle using a distributor, you may advance the ignition timing to a point where the engine pings under heavy load, avoid that circumstance by driving frugally, and you will enjoy superior mileage.

Anyone could do this, without the HOD system.

Or you could do it with only a water vapor injector, which retards the burn, and allows advanced timing with a bit less pinging.

Preheating the fuel by a simple device attached to a radiator hose is also advised. It works! Always has...

As a Tnet member stated, buy your gas first thing in the morning, especially when buying a full tank.

Slightly over inflate your tires on that long, straight, hi-way trip.

Make a choice... driveability enhanced by horsepower and torque which dumps a certain amount of raw, unburned fuel in the process, or striving for the best mileage from each gallon of gasoline.

As the above may seem critical of HHO HOD systems, I'll express one simple fact, which makes it entirely worthwhile... The HHO is indeed flammable, and itself can produce energy through combustion.

The device is easily constructed and the generation process is very simple.
At this point I just don't know if Autotune or some of the other pricey, prefabricated systems are producing a bolt on product that is well refined for all circumstances we encounter in our haphazard daily driving.

I'll post more on the subject as I find it.

Best,
rmptr

Rmptr,

You have some very good posts, but you really didn't just advocate coasting down a hill in neutral to save gas, did you? That would be one of the most stupid, and dangerous things a person could do. I really don't think I need to elaborate, do I? Sorry, hope you were just copying something from another website.

John

S

Smee

I'm sure he meant a hill and not a mountain. Not dangerous in a standard tranny vehicle, just drop it back into the overdrive and it should not be a problem. Of course, prudence will cause you to keep your speed to a reasonable level . . . as in using your brakes if needed.

Would not try it in a big truck especially with a trailer though. They're tough enough to stop with your jake brake going on some of these Arkansas hills on U.S. 71

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Smee said:
I'm sure he meant a hill and not a mountain. Not dangerous in a standard tranny vehicle, just drop it back into the overdrive and it should not be a problem. Of course, prudence will cause you to keep your speed to a reasonable level . . . as in using your brakes if needed.

Would not try it in a big truck especially with a trailer though. They're tough enough to stop with your jake brake going on some of these Arkansas hills on U.S. 71

I suppose so, BUTTTTTTTTT,,, what happens when the unexpected happens? a car swerves at you, a deer jumps out, etc...? You have no power going to the wheels when in neutral, just gravity. Sounds aweful stupid for the ounce of gas you save going DOWN a hill, doesn't it? I'm all for being a tightass, but not at the expense of killing yourself or others. :D

John

S

Smee

The simple fact is: If you ease up on the accelerator until it creates a "drag" on the drive wheels, you will use more fuel than if you carefully keep the accelerator depressed (in racing it is called "feathering the gas") just enough to avoid creating drag on the drive wheels. Why? The engine is actually operating more efficiently and it doesn't appear to the vehicle's electronics that it is operating in a lean condition, thus needing to dump more fuel to compensate.

Most people don't understand, and hardly anyone will take the time to learn to do it. It's just easier to most to put the vehicle in neutral. It isn't dangerous unless you are taking a steep grade. On most hills, you will gain little speed going downhill, and it isn't a challenge for a defensive driver.

What happens if a car swerves towards you? Steer (not jerking the wheel, but smoothly) out of the way. Reducing or increasing your speed will only increase the likelihood of an accident. In racing, again, they teach you to drive through the crash in front of you. One driver told me to: "aim for the car, because by the time you get to that point, they won't be there." Works pretty good at 180 mph.

Speed doesn't kill, it the difference in speed that does.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Smee said:
The simple fact is: If you ease up on the accelerator until it creates a "drag" on the drive wheels, you will use more fuel than if you carefully keep the accelerator depressed (in racing it is called "feathering the gas") just enough to avoid creating drag on the drive wheels. Why? The engine is actually operating more efficiently and it doesn't appear to the vehicle's electronics that it is operating in a lean condition, thus needing to dump more fuel to compensate.

Most people don't understand, and hardly anyone will take the time to learn to do it. It's just easier to most to put the vehicle in neutral. It isn't dangerous unless you are taking a steep grade. On most hills, you will gain little speed going downhill, and it isn't a challenge for a defensive driver.

What happens if a car swerves towards you? Steer (not jerking the wheel, but smoothly) out of the way. Reducing or increasing your speed will only increase the likelihood of an accident. In racing, again, they teach you to drive through the crash in front of you. One driver told me to: "aim for the car, because by the time you get to that point, they won't be there." Works pretty good at 180 mph.

Speed doesn't kill, it the difference in speed that does.

The simple fact is; you save VERY LITTLE gas coasting down a hill. Driving down a hill INCREASES your gas mileage. Talk to ANY law enforcement officer about this theory and they will tell you that it is illegal to do so. If a person is making a concerted effort to save an ounce or two of gas by using this technique, they need to park the car until they have sufficient gas money. Trust me, this is a real safety concern. Comparing highway driving to racing really makes little sense. I'm pretty sure most people slow down and go around an accident they come across (or stop to help), and most people were taught long ago that you don't put your car in neutral going down a hill. Of those who haven't, a great many have taken themselves out of the gene pool ;D Have a great weekend!!

John

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I made it back, to my favorite forums, Tnet!

Gosh Blurr, don't slay the messenger! ;D

If I may ask, let's NOT bog this down with all the semantics and just try and get the information out to as many people as we can. If you would review it, I'm almost sure you'll find it valid, for the most part.

I fully realize a vehicle is equipped with more control features than the accelerator, horn, steering wheel, and brake. The gear selector is indeed a useful tool for both acceleration, and deceleration.

I think, more than anything, these folks advocating 'hyper-miling' are advising against the incessant racing from stoplight, to stoplight that we commonly see in everyday traffic where the lights are not properly synchronized.

Many automatic transmission don't even employ a rear pump that allows engine braking, and they DO allow runaway speeds, such as when coming down out of Wolfcrick Pass in the Colorado Rockies.
You can heat up your brakes severely, motoring on down out of there!

Best,
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Re: 150mpg HHO HOD links +update

I'm not sure if these have all been posted yet.
They are recommended sources to install HHO HOD on your present vehicle.

runyourcarwithwater.com Kit for sale $50

water4gas.com Ebooks for sale

mindstrain.com Large pdf downloads Free, poor bandwidth

smacksboosters Kits for sale

HHOForums.com Very informative new forum

http://www.freewebs.com/jhines2/index.htm I just found this one & like it... Pictures and valid diagrams

addition: http://www.theorionproject.org/en/documents/KellyAndBoyce.pdf
illustrated info on the electrolyser cells and PWM's... source info

Eagle-research.com has info and builds water torch machines also.

Best,
rmptr

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
rmptr said:
I made it back, to my favorite forums, Tnet!

Gosh Blurr, don't slay the messenger! ;D

If I may ask, let's NOT bog this down with all the semantics and just try and get the information out to as many people as we can. If you would review it, I'm almost sure you'll find it valid, for the most part.

I fully realize a vehicle is equipped with more control features than the accelerator, horn, steering wheel, and brake. The gear selector is indeed a useful tool for both acceleration, and deceleration.

I think, more than anything, these folks advocating 'hyper-miling' are advising against the incessant racing from stoplight, to stoplight that we commonly see in everyday traffic where the lights are not properly synchronized.

Many automatic transmission don't even employ a rear pump that allows engine braking, and they DO allow runaway speeds, such as when coming down out of Wolfcrick Pass in the Colorado Rockies.
You can heat up your brakes severely, motoring on down out of there!

Best,
rmptr

Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away. I'm all for saving a buck, but this business of driving down a hill in neutral is DANGEROUS! All automatic transmissions are able to use "engine braking" to slow the car down a hill. That would be shifting into a lower gear when you feel you are going too fast. This will extend your brake life as well as you and your passengers' ;D I have enjoyed your posts on the subject, please don't take my comments the wrong way. This technique though shouldn't be employed.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread