The U.S. supreme Court has ruled, NO death Penalty for Child Rape.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no faith whatsoever in the supreme court.. they are so out of touch with reality its not funny... do they even know the cost of a gallon of gas or a doz. eggs.. or a loaf of bread.. They are waited on, driven everywheres and a total waste of tax dollars. Some of em are so old that its a disgrace.

wanna cut the budget.. enforce the death penalty, dont have em sitting on death row for 20 yrs.. who do you think is paying for all this crap... US... Prison is Prison, not some resort where you supposed to enjoy yourself, tv, movies, deluxe meals and then to bitch about your so called ice cream or desert... as far as I am concerned.. prison should be hell.. after all you did the crime , you do the time..

we need to go back to the chain gangs, make em work and no luxuries.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
BB, I've read a number of supercourt decisions.

In the most part, if you take the time to read the actual decision, you can see where it is correct.

Occasionally, they are overturned.

Best,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
And that's a point which might leave doubt, as you say, Jim...

As Ron White put it, "Some states may have a never ending appeal process, but in Texas, we're putting in an express lane. If you commit a capital crime before three or more witnesses, you go straight to the chair."
(OK, I forgot exactly how he said it.)

Something must be done about the heinous behavior that seems to flourish, these days.
Death is too good for some of them.

I say the rack, or iron maiden, would be a significant deterrent.

Best

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
If it was done to one of mine there would be two death penalties one me killing him and two the state killing me.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I am NOT against the death penalty when it is proven without a doupt... but, when you consider how many persons are charged with crimes (by children) that arn't true - it makes me step back on this one.

I think Texas has it right - the express lane is the only way to handle the process when handed that sentence.

OP
OP
MD Dog

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
All convictions are made beyond a reasonable doubt. And when it's a case as henious as Child rape, I think burning at the stake is a very good option. To say your concerned about the possibility of our court system to make a mistake because children lie, but that you support the death penalty doesn't jive. People lie no matter what age. Either the system works, or it works well enough, or it doesn't work. Will some people die innocently, yes. But you run that same risk no matter what the crime. So if you support the death penalty, then you should support it no matter where it is applied. :icon_study:

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
MD Dog said:
All convictions are made beyond a reasonable doubt. And when it's a case as henious as Child rape, I think burning at the stake is a very good option. To say your concerned about the possibility of our court system to make a mistake because children lie, but that you support the death penalty doesn't jive. People lie no matter what age. Either the system works, or it works well enough, or it doesn't work. Will some people die innocently, yes. But you run that same risk no matter what the crime. So if you support the death penalty, then you should support it no matter where it is applied. :icon_study:

I don't... :tongue3:

But I still love you! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread