Gun control supporters show outrage - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Apr 2008
    central new york
    2 compass coin pros

Re: Gun control supporters show outrage

i'm just happy those enraged anti gunners don't have guns! enraged people kill people. i would have to defend myself with my arsenal. weapons don't kill people. drugs and mental problems do. i've been a shooter/ hunter since 12 and never thought of shooting some one, unless my family or life was in danger. i would.
    if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by Guy In Back
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa
    When I was in the Border Patrol in Texas, I learned to make positive hits to 400 meters, probable ones to 600.
    Don Jose de La Mancha
    Hitting a human size target with a handgun, 4" barrel, at over 1,300 feet is just damn impressive. Especially when done consistently.

600 meters is just short of 2,000 feet, doubly impressive.
    Well, you know how it is...
    There's some folks out there who can find a 1/4 grain gold nugget 4ft down in bad soil with an Ace 250.
    Who am I to argue?

Best,
    rmptr
    I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.

Apr 2008
    central new york
    2 compass coin pros

Quote Originally Posted by Guy In Back
    When I was in the Border Patrol in Texas, I learned to make positive hits to 400 meters, probable ones to 600.
    Don Jose de La Mancha
    Hitting a human size target with a handgun, 4" barrel, at over 1,300 feet is just damn impressive. Especially when done consistently.

600 meters is just short of 2,000 feet, doubly impressive.
    i'm impressed don! i love hand guns and have three but i have to retrain myself every time i get them out.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Gentlemen: I had the best as my mentors. Elmer Keith for long range pistol shooting, Bill Jordan for fast pistol work. and Bill Toney for target work.

Keith was mostly through correspondence, while Jordan and Toney were personal contacts.

To me, a pistol was as much a tool of the trade as a tape measure or a VOM is to a carpenter or an electronic repair man. You must learn the tools of your trade or you are only partly qualified.

So it is with enforcement officers, if they don't learn to use the tools of their trade correctly and efficiently, they are only partly trained and "someone" will eventually suffer for it.

Not to expend sufficient $$ and effort for this is foolish, and it will show up in early physically related retirements, funerals, or increased insurance policies.

Incidentally very few gunshot wounds leave the person as they were before, despite the TV shows, most end up with some physical impairments. I still have a bit of a problem from a few 20 mm fragments from WW-2, a slight limp from the right knee not locking properly every time. The tendon just above the knee cap was almost severed, when it healed, it was slightly shorter.

As for extended range , the longest offhand shot observed by witnesses,was a sitting ground squirrel at the San Quintin prison rifle range. This squirrel had been raising cain with the attempts to grow flowers. He had avoided all traps and they were going to poison him.

This particular day he was sitting up on a rock at a later measured 127 meters. I was asked to try for him. I agreed, since being shot is far more humane than being poisoned. I used the standard "one hand position" and dropped him with the first shot, he never felt a thing.

This story is still being passed around by the inmates, ask them if you go there.

Remember, if you are an enforcement officer learn to use your tools effectively under any condition for yourself, and your family, let alone the public., even if you have to purchase the ammunition yourself.

Actually the same goes for the home owner..

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s I agree rmptr, heheheh, but frankly I expect to be called on anything that I may post, so in order to not forget, It is simpler to only post the truth. Go to your local library and get "Fast and fancy pistol shooting" by Ed McGivern, it will open your eyes.

And yes, I have done quite a few esplorations, including a 6 month backpack one in the southen Mexican jungles looking for Mayan ruins, we lived off of the jungle. On this trip we relied upon 22 pistols for our protein and marginal self defense. I will post some pictures if you wish.

www.explorers.org

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    24 times

Don Jose,

We would very much enjoy seeing any photos you would post.

Thank you,
    rmptr

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times

Good afternoon rmptr:

Wilco, but you will have to excuse me until tomorrow. I am rebuilding the roofs of my house and I am staying at a friends.

Most of my data is stored in a room in my own home, it's access is through the computer room.. Right now they are finishing the computer / spare bedroom. This roof is finished , but they are installing the new tile floor.today..

I will go there in the morning and dig some of them up to post. Acceptable my friend?

Don Jose de La Mancha

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times

good afternoon Flying guy: You love flying, and guns, next you will admit to liking gals and mules. sheesh, we should get together some day, soo much in common. that would be the master of all bull sessions.

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8359 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)

next you will admit to liking gals and mules.
    I was relieved to see gals ahead of mules... Had me worried for a minute. I know you spend a lot of time out in the wilderness with your mule hunting treasure...

Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

Apr 2008
    central new york
    2 compass coin pros

good afternoon Flying guy: You love flying, and guns, next you will admit to liking gals and mules. sheesh, we should get together some day, soo much in common. that would be the master of all bull sessions.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    don, i love gals and mules but not for the same reasons! mules are tough and dependable. gals are pretty and cuddly and... i like kitties and dogs and buzzards too. buzzards are great flyers. so cool. i would enjoy meeting you. i enjoy your posts and war stories. Bill

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times

Good morning rmptr: Here are some of the pictures. As you can see, they are a bit the worse for time and lack of care, however ---.

I will explain them if you wish.

The pistols were my friend's S&W .22 combat masterpiece, with a 4" barrel, mine was the Hi-Standard, GE with the 4" barrel, superbly accurate.

We carried 500 rounds of super X hollow point each , both for food and trade. In the remote areas of the jungle a .22 rnd is always negotiable and in demand , while money isn't.

The 4" barrel on the Hi-Standard was a mistake, not for accuracy, but for not developing enough Velocity for the projectile to expand reliably.

When you watch your dinner run away because the bullet didn't develop enough velocity to expand and deliver more shock, you become unhappy, as well a hungry. so I used our file for basic machete sharpening to make full wadcutters of them. This made a huge difference with no appreciable loss of accuracy.

Our packs were the "Trapper Nelson" type. In many ways superior to the packs now manufactured. We preferred the center of the mass to be carried on the hips, not the shoulders, this allowed one to use the machete to cut trail where necessary.

I n addition, the contact area of the pack was of canvas, laced up, This allowed us to use them as abbreviated canvas cots by simply scraping a shallow hole, then bridging the hole with the ends of the pack.

I made (2) one piece combination ground cloths and mosquito netting with a zippered opening near the bottom of the ground cloth. This kept us fairly free of insects, but did little to alleviate the humid heat

We spent a month on the coast of Colima, camping out before going south and then overland to the Mayan zone. We were well conditioned and acclimated before going into the then unexplored region of Quintana Roo and the area next to the Honduran border.

I might add there were no roads along the coast from Colima to Acapulco then.

I have an interesting story about the gov't asking us to report on the Pomo Indians. They were supposedly unknown, violent, and ran around naked. However, this is for another day. ©@

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Partner after two days without water ©@.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	13118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mayan ruin expedition ©@.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	214630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Partner after two days without water ©@.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	214631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Partener after we had been without water for two days ©@.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	214632  

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times

a few more

Name:	dinner and lean & mean ©@.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	214636  

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    24 times

Greaat pictures Don Jose!

And just who ARE those lean young fellows?

...To be young again... running in the bush... and a gourmet diet! Pajaritos, rana, y pollo del par...

Can you drag out more pics?

They are great!

Due to circumstances, I'm very nearly stuck here at armchair command...
    and it's most likely getting difficult to travel down there, with the political situation in a shambles.
    No telling who's in control, day to day...

Thanks,
    rmptr

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times

Mi friend Guy in Back : You posted-->

I was relieved to see gals ahead of mules.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You mean ---?? sheesh, blushing, of course she "is" extremely cute, with those huge velvety ears, big brown, expressive eyes, and that softly rounded, warm, tummy sigh oops, sorry, was just reminiscing a bit snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times

good evening my friend rmptr: I have others, but it will have to wait for a bit, things are a mess.. However here is one of a Javelina that I got off hand while decending a cliff.

I had to hang on with one hand while shooting with the other. She was in a shallow cave at the base of the cliff and broke out running down the arroyo heading for the brush, 35 ft away.

I only had time for one shot at about 50 meters, I got her just as she entered the brush, an instant killl.

We enjoyed her for a week for a very welcome change of diet.

Tech data.
    .357 S&W Hi-way Patrol, 4 " barrel , keith long range front sight, 156 grain keith, lead, semiwadcutter, with 14.5 grains of 2400 for approx 1400 fps.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Name:	.jpgJavlina with.357©@.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	214739  

us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    335 times

Looking at the group of guys here in the picture there was only enough for one meal.

LOL
    Thom
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links