Gun control supporters show outrage

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon rmptr:

Wilco, but you will have to excuse me until tomorrow. I am rebuilding the roofs of my house and I am staying at a friends.

Most of my data is stored in a room in my own home, it's access is through the computer room.. Right now they are finishing the computer / spare bedroom. This roof is finished , but they are installing the new tile floor.today..

I will go there in the morning and dig some of them up to post. Acceptable my friend?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good afternoon Flying guy: You love flying, and guns, next you will admit to liking gals and mules. sheesh, we should get together some day, soo much in common. that would be the master of all bull sessions.

Don Jose de La Mancha

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Real de Tayopa said:
next you will admit to liking gals and mules.

I was relieved to see gals ahead of mules... Had me worried for a minute. I know you spend a lot of time out in the wilderness with your mule hunting treasure...

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
Real de Tayopa said:
good afternoon Flying guy: You love flying, and guns, next you will admit to liking gals and mules. sheesh, we should get together some day, soo much in common. that would be the master of all bull sessions.

Don Jose de La Mancha
don, i love gals and mules but not for the same reasons! mules are tough and dependable. gals are pretty and cuddly and... i like kitties and dogs and buzzards too. buzzards are great flyers. so cool. i would enjoy meeting you. i enjoy your posts and war stories. Bill

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning rmptr: Here are some of the pictures. As you can see, they are a bit the worse for time and lack of care, however ---.

I will explain them if you wish.

The pistols were my friend's S&W .22 combat masterpiece, with a 4" barrel, mine was the Hi-Standard, GE with the 4" barrel, superbly accurate.

We carried 500 rounds of super X hollow point each , both for food and trade. In the remote areas of the jungle a .22 rnd is always negotiable and in demand , while money isn't.

The 4" barrel on the Hi-Standard was a mistake, not for accuracy, but for not developing enough Velocity for the projectile to expand reliably.

When you watch your dinner run away because the bullet didn't develop enough velocity to expand and deliver more shock, you become unhappy, as well a hungry. so I used our file for basic machete sharpening to make full wadcutters of them. This made a huge difference with no appreciable loss of accuracy.

Our packs were the "Trapper Nelson" type. In many ways superior to the packs now manufactured. We preferred the center of the mass to be carried on the hips, not the shoulders, this allowed one to use the machete to cut trail where necessary.

I n addition, the contact area of the pack was of canvas, laced up, This allowed us to use them as abbreviated canvas cots by simply scraping a shallow hole, then bridging the hole with the ends of the pack.

I made (2) one piece combination ground cloths and mosquito netting with a zippered opening near the bottom of the ground cloth. This kept us fairly free of insects, but did little to alleviate the humid heat

We spent a month on the coast of Colima, camping out before going south and then overland to the Mayan zone. We were well conditioned and acclimated before going into the then unexplored region of Quintana Roo and the area next to the Honduran border.

I might add there were no roads along the coast from Colima to Acapulco then.

I have an interesting story about the gov't asking us to report on the Pomo Indians. They were supposedly unknown, violent, and ran around naked. However, this is for another day. ©@

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• Partner after two days without water ©@.jpg
    Partner after two days without water ©@.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Mayan ruin expedition ©@.jpg
    Mayan ruin expedition ©@.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Partner after two days without water ©@.jpg
    Partner after two days without water ©@.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Partener after we had been without water for two days ©@.jpg
    Partener after we had been without water for two days ©@.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Greaat pictures Don Jose!

And just who ARE those lean young fellows? ;D

...To be young again... running in the bush... and a gourmet diet! Pajaritos, rana, y pollo del par...

Can you drag out more pics?

They are great!

Due to circumstances, I'm very nearly stuck here at armchair command...
and it's most likely getting difficult to travel down there, with the political situation in a shambles.
No telling who's in control, day to day...

Thanks,
rmptr

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mi friend Guy in Back : You posted-->

I was relieved to see gals ahead of mules.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You mean ---?? sheesh, blushing, of course she "is" extremely cute, with those huge velvety ears, big brown, expressive eyes, and that softly rounded, warm, tummy sigh oops, sorry, was just reminiscing a bit snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good evening my friend rmptr: I have others, but it will have to wait for a bit, things are a mess.. However here is one of a Javelina that I got off hand while decending a cliff.

I had to hang on with one hand while shooting with the other. She was in a shallow cave at the base of the cliff and broke out running down the arroyo heading for the brush, 35 ft away.

I only had time for one shot at about 50 meters, I got her just as she entered the brush, an instant killl.

We enjoyed her for a week for a very welcome change of diet.

Tech data.
.357 S&W Hi-way Patrol, 4 " barrel , keith long range front sight, 156 grain keith, lead, semiwadcutter, with 14.5 grains of 2400 for approx 1400 fps.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• .jpgJavlina with.357©@.jpg
    .jpgJavlina with.357©@.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 183

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Real de Tayopa said:
Mi friend Guy in Back : You posted-->

I was relieved to see gals ahead of mules.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You mean ---?? sheesh, blushing, of course she "is" extremely cute, with those huge velvety ears, big brown, expressive eyes, and that softly rounded, warm, tummy sigh oops, sorry, was just reminiscing a bit snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha

My sheep is prettier than one of your stanky 'ol mules anyday...

Nice photos by the way.... them was the good days!

Attachments

• Properly dressed.jpg
    Properly dressed.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 120

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the citizens of Iraq have more gun rights then American citizens :icon_study:
look it up

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies, Gentlemen: Here is another picture from my solo exploration to the Sierra del Encantado in Baja California to photograph precolumbian painting, rock work and artifacts.

I spent two weeks on this expedition, there was water at the site.. There was no sign of recent humans, it was apparently just as the last of it's original inhabitants had left it. I left it the same way, I carefully cleaned up any evidence of my visit.

The trip in took two days of hard, dry walking in perhaps 120 degree dry heat basically up hill.

In these two weeks I never found a single sign of human activity except for the long gone people of the Canyon. .

I could wax poetically as to how my imagination worked overtime in the flickering light of my small campfire, to where I could see people moving around in the shadows. It was both comforting, and at the same time, uncomfortable, since I did wish to immerse myself into their culture and lives to give reason for My trip there..

To understand a lost people, one must resort to using your imagination, to be / live in their time period and with their knowledge. This requires a certain rigid mental discipline, but once mastered, is worth it. For a while I lived with the lost ones, I looked for and used what they ate, drank, and drew on the walls. I believe that I understood and related to them, perhaps they to me.

I have also looked for lost Jesuit mines, I used the same procedure to aid me for a successful ending.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• Sierra del Encantada @.jpg
    Sierra del Encantada @.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 181
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hio Guy in Back; sigh, you now have me wavering, can you manage an introduction to her? On second thought, she can't carry me and 25 # of gear, so I will stick with my mule.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. You had better come ashore for a bit, I am afraid that -------- hehehehehe

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Well,

I wonder if these people that show "outrage" even bothered stop eating their dinner when Rowanda was melting down. machetties and garden tools wiped out over a 1million people.

We built this country with the gun and we deffend it with the gun! The people have the right to own guns!

Amen

Ian

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
blurr said:
Police are not trained to "wound" a threat, they are trained to put it down.

John
Affirmative.

Agreed.

Trained to STOP the threat... might die, might not die.

Center of mass has always been the training standard for regular line officers.

Hey Jim,
That was exactly the way I was trained. I was a Security Inspector at a D.O.E. site. We did have practice sessions between qualifying twice a year. We were encouraged to attend them. Back then I was quite proficient at 100 yards with my S&W model 686, 357 revolver. I could do pretty good with my M-16 up to 500 yards shooting while standing up. I was pretty good up to 50 yards at night with my 357 but that took a lot of practice. Practice sure is the key. But then I sure am not telling you anything new.

Have a good one Jim.

Nathan

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Don Jose, the excessive camping on the computer at armchair command is by the influence of many factors.

Your pictures are outstanding!

Over the years past, I've gone many places, here in the states. There was an empty beer can at all of them.
I've only been fortunate to take our sons on a short day-trip into mexico, and once to gaze over the Strait of San Juan de Fuca at canada through the mist. Don't mind saying so, I had a smith 686 in the car, and couldn't risk taking it across on the ferry. So we spent an hour or so looking around in the bleary scenery, thumbed our nose across the water at those pistol-less persons, and went on about our way. I suspect they didn't miss us!

I remember family drives out to camp in the desert, mountains, or even the beach.
It's all getting too pricey now.

Have not a clue what a pound of powder goes for, anymore... I should find out.
We haven't stuffed a case in years.

Sure appreciate you posting all the great pictures.
Perhaps one day I'll key in MY pig hunting story.
It wasn't a clear, concise story, as yours...

HH

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Don Jose,
Enjoyed your pics and comments.
Met Mr.Bill through my lifelong freind Mel Forbes many years ago during my rowdy youth.Got his grips on my 29 Smith and his autograph on my copy of No Second Place Winner.He showed me how to pull that .44 and shoot it 6 times before the pingpong ball could hit the ground.I'm sure you know the trick as well.
Reared 4 children on deer ( 7 to 10 a year,avg 14 quarts per deer minus backstraps ) taken with a Ruger Mk1
.22lr with hollow points.Mostly one shot kills.
I question none of your long range shots.There is no American made pistol that will not shoot further and more accurately than most of the people that get behind them are able to.
Disabling shots are movie trash or misses.In a confrontation you shoot to kill 'cause there aint no second place winner....
Ps;Bill ever tell you about the covey of quail that caused him to crap his pants in the middle of the night on the border?
Jim

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Imptr my friend: Post the story, let others know that we use firearms for other things than just slaughtering each other in drunken brawls or a drug induced rage

Post your piggy story my friend, there are many of us that would enjoy it.

I also see that we are of a kindred spirit, love of unspoiled nature.. Now you know why I went to Mexico, it was the same as the US in the late 1800's. It was open range, one could ride his mule anywhere, the only law was what you personally could enforce, however this is rapidly coming to an end also.

There are still vast stretches of country in the northern barrancas which are still basically unknown, but the mining companies are starting to move into there, constructing roads etc. . Unfortunately I am guilty of destroying the very thing that I love by involvement in mining. Selling or developing Tayopa will open roads into some of the most spectacular country imaginable. It will never be the same.

I have the dilemma of making a living for my tribe. The Tayopa area will be developed, with or without me, but with me, my family will be taken care of for a few generations. What would you do?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread