Gun control supporters show outrage - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8359 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Gun control supporters show outrage

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa
    Mi friend Guy in Back : You posted-->

I was relieved to see gals ahead of mules.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You mean ---?? sheesh, blushing, of course she "is" extremely cute, with those huge velvety ears, big brown, expressive eyes, and that softly rounded, warm, tummy sigh oops, sorry, was just reminiscing a bit snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha
    My sheep is prettier than one of your stanky 'ol mules anyday...

Nice photos by the way.... them was the good days!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    52 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

the citizens of Iraq have more gun rights then American citizens
    look it up
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11808 times

Ladies, Gentlemen: Here is another picture from my solo exploration to the Sierra del Encantado in Baja California to photograph precolumbian painting, rock work and artifacts.

I spent two weeks on this expedition, there was water at the site.. There was no sign of recent humans, it was apparently just as the last of it's original inhabitants had left it. I left it the same way, I carefully cleaned up any evidence of my visit.

The trip in took two days of hard, dry walking in perhaps 120 degree dry heat basically up hill.

In these two weeks I never found a single sign of human activity except for the long gone people of the Canyon. .

I could wax poetically as to how my imagination worked overtime in the flickering light of my small campfire, to where I could see people moving around in the shadows. It was both comforting, and at the same time, uncomfortable, since I did wish to immerse myself into their culture and lives to give reason for My trip there..

To understand a lost people, one must resort to using your imagination, to be / live in their time period and with their knowledge. This requires a certain rigid mental discipline, but once mastered, is worth it. For a while I lived with the lost ones, I looked for and used what they ate, drank, and drew on the walls. I believe that I understood and related to them, perhaps they to me.

I have also looked for lost Jesuit mines, I used the same procedure to aid me for a successful ending.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sierra del Encantada @.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	214834  
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11808 times

Hio Guy in Back; sigh, you now have me wavering, can you manage an introduction to her? On second thought, she can't carry me and 25 # of gear, so I will stick with my mule.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. You had better come ashore for a bit, I am afraid that -------- hehehehehe

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11808 times

Afternoon rmptr: You mentioned -->

Due to circumstances, I'm very nearly stuck here at armchair command...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that it isn't something physical my friend.

Don Jose d e La Mancha

us
    Dec 2007
    Grayling, MI
    ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
    4 times

Well,

I wonder if these people that show "outrage" even bothered stop eating their dinner when Rowanda was melting down. machetties and garden tools wiped out over a 1million people.

We built this country with the gun and we deffend it with the gun! The people have the right to own guns!

Amen

Ian
    You slept in peace last night because brave men stood ready to preform violent acts on your behalf!

us
    Oct 2006
    Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
    122 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by blurr
    Police are not trained to "wound" a threat, they are trained to put it down.

John
    Affirmative.

Agreed.

Trained to STOP the threat... might die, might not die.

Center of mass has always been the training standard for regular line officers.
    Hey Jim,
    That was exactly the way I was trained. I was a Security Inspector at a D.O.E. site. We did have practice sessions between qualifying twice a year. We were encouraged to attend them. Back then I was quite proficient at 100 yards with my S&W model 686, 357 revolver. I could do pretty good with my M-16 up to 500 yards shooting while standing up. I was pretty good up to 50 yards at night with my 357 but that took a lot of practice. Practice sure is the key. But then I sure am not telling you anything new.

Have a good one Jim.

Nathan
    Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this patient are not necessarily the same as those held by the owners or staff of this facility.
    He sometimes escapes his padded cell. If this patient is contacting you against your wishes please tell him to discontinue immediately.
    Signed, Dr. Ima Quack

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    24 times

Don Jose, the excessive camping on the computer at armchair command is by the influence of many factors.

Your pictures are outstanding!

Over the years past, I've gone many places, here in the states. There was an empty beer can at all of them.
    I've only been fortunate to take our sons on a short day-trip into mexico, and once to gaze over the Strait of San Juan de Fuca at canada through the mist. Don't mind saying so, I had a smith 686 in the car, and couldn't risk taking it across on the ferry. So we spent an hour or so looking around in the bleary scenery, thumbed our nose across the water at those pistol-less persons, and went on about our way. I suspect they didn't miss us!

I remember family drives out to camp in the desert, mountains, or even the beach.
    It's all getting too pricey now.

Have not a clue what a pound of powder goes for, anymore... I should find out.
    We haven't stuffed a case in years.

Sure appreciate you posting all the great pictures.
    Perhaps one day I'll key in MY pig hunting story.
    It wasn't a clear, concise story, as yours...

HH
    I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1000 times

Don Jose,
    Enjoyed your pics and comments.
    Met Mr.Bill through my lifelong freind Mel Forbes many years ago during my rowdy youth.Got his grips on my 29 Smith and his autograph on my copy of No Second Place Winner.He showed me how to pull that .44 and shoot it 6 times before the pingpong ball could hit the ground.I'm sure you know the trick as well.
    Reared 4 children on deer ( 7 to 10 a year,avg 14 quarts per deer minus backstraps ) taken with a Ruger Mk1
    .22lr with hollow points.Mostly one shot kills.
    I question none of your long range shots.There is no American made pistol that will not shoot further and more accurately than most of the people that get behind them are able to.
    Disabling shots are movie trash or misses.In a confrontation you shoot to kill 'cause there aint no second place winner....
    Ps;Bill ever tell you about the covey of quail that caused him to crap his pants in the middle of the night on the border?
    Jim
    Wolfpack forever

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11808 times

HIO Imptr my friend: Post the story, let others know that we use firearms for other things than just slaughtering each other in drunken brawls or a drug induced rage

Post your piggy story my friend, there are many of us that would enjoy it.

I also see that we are of a kindred spirit, love of unspoiled nature.. Now you know why I went to Mexico, it was the same as the US in the late 1800's. It was open range, one could ride his mule anywhere, the only law was what you personally could enforce, however this is rapidly coming to an end also.

There are still vast stretches of country in the northern barrancas which are still basically unknown, but the mining companies are starting to move into there, constructing roads etc. . Unfortunately I am guilty of destroying the very thing that I love by involvement in mining. Selling or developing Tayopa will open roads into some of the most spectacular country imaginable. It will never be the same.

I have the dilemma of making a living for my tribe. The Tayopa area will be developed, with or without me, but with me, my family will be taken care of for a few generations. What would you do?

Don Jose de La Mancha

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11808 times

Hi truckinbutch: Fascinating that you knew him also. He took over the Kings ville detachment. Bill Tony was at the the Mcallen, Texas headquarters as the firearms instructor.

Thanks to him, My quick draw time was in the range of 2 -3/5 th of a sec to hit a man sized target at 15 - 20 ft with me starting the draw. However HE was good, he coukl prob. take my measure every time.

Without a doubt, you are checked out on Ed McGivern and Elmer Keith. Ed McGivern proved many times that he could put 5 shots in a playing card in 3/5 th of a sec Even though he is now dead ,he is still the best.
    ************************************************** ***********************************

You posted -->Reared 4 children on deer ( 7 to 10 a year,avg 14 quarts per deer minus backstraps ) taken with a Ruger Mk1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Nothing needs to be added, you are one durn competent shot. You would have loved some of my trips where I lived off of the land, and I would have loved having you.
    ************************************************** **********************************

You posted --> .In a confrontation you shoot to kill 'cause there aint no second place winner....
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    No question, but in the original case in this thread, the guy only had a stunner, there was no extreme pressure of a fire fight, so a simple calm leg shot after a warning one, would have done it nicely.

No he never mentioned the quail, howeve we did agree that the most attention getting sound is a shot gun being racked in a moonless night.

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa
    Hi truckinbutch: Fascinating that you knew him also. He took over the Kings ville detachment. Bill Tony was at the the Mcallen, Texas headquarters as the firearms instructor.

Thanks to him, My quick draw time was in the range of 2 -3/5 th of a sec to hit a man sized target at 15 - 20 ft with me starting the draw. However HE was good, he coukl prob. take my measure every time.

Without a doubt, you are checked out on Ed McGivern and Elmer Keith. Ed McGivern proved many times that he could put 5 shots in a playing card in 3/5 th of a sec Even though he is now dead ,he is still the best.
    ************************************************** ***********************************

You posted -->Reared 4 children on deer ( 7 to 10 a year,avg 14 quarts per deer minus backstraps ) taken with a Ruger Mk1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Nothing needs to be added, you are one durn competent shot. You would have loved some of my trips where I lived off of the land, and I would have loved having you.
    ************************************************** **********************************

You posted --> .In a confrontation you shoot to kill 'cause there aint no second place winner....
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    No question, but in the original case in this thread, the guy only had a stunner, there was no extreme pressure of a fire fight, so a simple calm leg shot after a warning one, would have done it nicely.

No he never mentioned the quail, howeve we did agree that the most attention getting sound is a shot gun being racked in a moonless night.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don,

You have had one hell of a life my friend! The reason that law enforcement doesn't shoot to "wound", is that people have sued the police dept. and won for cops shooting assailants in the leg. They finally said the hell with it. Let them sue from the grave

John

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1000 times

Don Jose,
    Metalic click,click,click,or 'shuck-shuck' in the quiet of a desert night unexpected can curdle the urine of the bravest man.
    Read the other two extensively but never met them.
    Think Mr.Bill liked me 'cause I could break,train,and shoe horses and mules as well as be first place.
    Took a lot of practice for me to be able to do the hip twist on the quick draw to catch that pingpong ball and have the rest of the day to shoot my .44 before it hit the floor.
    I have not the skill to describe eye contact with the man.Very glad I never looked in those eyes over his pistol.
    The treasure I am hunting may in a year or so afford me the leisure to visit the friends I have made on TN.
    Jim
    Wolfpack forever

us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    335 times

Best of luck Jim,

Hope you get to show us all how it's done !
    scincerely, Hope it comes true for you.
    Thom
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1000 times

It'll be what it becomes,Thom.
    I'd sacrifice didgits from my own hands to give my grandkids the firsthand knowlege I have gotten from those who went before and the desire to follow a trail.
    Wolfpack forever

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links