Gun control supporters show outrage

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi truckinbutch: Fascinating that you knew him also. He took over the Kings ville detachment. Bill Tony was at the the Mcallen, Texas headquarters as the firearms instructor.

Thanks to him, My quick draw time was in the range of 2 -3/5 th of a sec to hit a man sized target at 15 - 20 ft with me starting the draw. However HE was good, he coukl prob. take my measure every time.

Without a doubt, you are checked out on Ed McGivern and Elmer Keith. Ed McGivern proved many times that he could put 5 shots in a playing card in 3/5 th of a sec Even though he is now dead ,he is still the best.
*************************************************************************************

You posted -->Reared 4 children on deer ( 7 to 10 a year,avg 14 quarts per deer minus backstraps ) taken with a Ruger Mk1
.22lr with hollow points.Mostly one shot kills.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nothing needs to be added, you are one durn competent shot. You would have loved some of my trips where I lived off of the land, and I would have loved having you.
************************************************************************************

You posted --> .In a confrontation you shoot to kill 'cause there aint no second place winner....
~~~~~~~~~~
No question, but in the original case in this thread, the guy only had a stunner, there was no extreme pressure of a fire fight, so a simple calm leg shot after a warning one, would have done it nicely.

No he never mentioned the quail, howeve we did agree that the most attention getting sound is a shot gun being racked in a moonless night.

Don Jose de La Mancha

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Real de Tayopa said:
Hi truckinbutch: Fascinating that you knew him also. He took over the Kings ville detachment. Bill Tony was at the the Mcallen, Texas headquarters as the firearms instructor.

Thanks to him, My quick draw time was in the range of 2 -3/5 th of a sec to hit a man sized target at 15 - 20 ft with me starting the draw. However HE was good, he coukl prob. take my measure every time.

Without a doubt, you are checked out on Ed McGivern and Elmer Keith. Ed McGivern proved many times that he could put 5 shots in a playing card in 3/5 th of a sec Even though he is now dead ,he is still the best.
*************************************************************************************

You posted -->Reared 4 children on deer ( 7 to 10 a year,avg 14 quarts per deer minus backstraps ) taken with a Ruger Mk1
.22lr with hollow points.Mostly one shot kills.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nothing needs to be added, you are one durn competent shot. You would have loved some of my trips where I lived off of the land, and I would have loved having you.
************************************************************************************

You posted --> .In a confrontation you shoot to kill 'cause there aint no second place winner....
~~~~~~~~~~
No question, but in the original case in this thread, the guy only had a stunner, there was no extreme pressure of a fire fight, so a simple calm leg shot after a warning one, would have done it nicely.

No he never mentioned the quail, howeve we did agree that the most attention getting sound is a shot gun being racked in a moonless night.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don,

You have had one hell of a life my friend! :thumbsup: The reason that law enforcement doesn't shoot to "wound", is that people have sued the police dept. and won for cops shooting assailants in the leg. They finally said the hell with it. Let them sue from the grave :tongue3:

John

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Don Jose,
Metalic click,click,click,or 'shuck-shuck' in the quiet of a desert night unexpected can curdle the urine of the bravest man.
Read the other two extensively but never met them.
Think Mr.Bill liked me 'cause I could break,train,and shoe horses and mules as well as be first place.
Took a lot of practice for me to be able to do the hip twist on the quick draw to catch that pingpong ball and have the rest of the day to shoot my .44 before it hit the floor.
I have not the skill to describe eye contact with the man.Very glad I never looked in those eyes over his pistol.
The treasure I am hunting may in a year or so afford me the leisure to visit the friends I have made on TN.
Jim

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
It'll be what it becomes,Thom.
I'd sacrifice didgits from my own hands to give my grandkids the firsthand knowlege I have gotten from those who went before and the desire to follow a trail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread