Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Tip top on today's news...

Gun-Control Supporters Show Outrage

By ANAHAD O’CONNOR
Published: June 27, 2008

Gun-control advocates across the country reacted with shock and outrage at the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down the District of Columbia’s ban on handguns today, saying the ruling would threaten gun-control measures in other states.

OUTRAGE

That's a very powerful word.

I'm wondering how they felt when our collective rights, protected within law, were trampled.

Suppose it's a good thing I'm able to defend against the possibility of them expressing their outrage with machetes and other garden tools..

NRA has immediately affirmed they shall initiate actions following the favorable decision.

Now we'll see a wide scenario of 'interpretive' rulings by lower courts...

It's not over, 'til it's over.

Best,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
"More handguns on the streets can only lead to more handgun violence" So said the DC mayor as he expressed his outrage over todays High Court ruling.

Snicker, snort, guffah, Yeah More handgun violence on them sneaky Ba$tards sneakin through your back door in the middle of the night. ;D

S

Smee

rmptr said:
I'm wondering how they felt when our collective rights, protected within law, were trampled.
They were partying and celebrating with their Komrades.

rmptr said:
Suppose it's a good thing I'm able to defend against the possibility of them expressing their outrage with machetes and other garden tools..
(Tongue planted firmly in cheek :icon_jokercolor:) Machetes and other garden tools must be regulated and banned within the large cities, along with baseball bats, crowbars, kitchen knives and other eating utensils, bricks, writing utensils, shoes, belts, pantyhose, rope, sashes, curtains, curtain rods, chairs, beer bottles, beer glases, nails, hammers, etc. etc. etc. They are ALL just too dangerous!!! If we allow that, what's next? Fingernail files? STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

It's not guns that kill people, but bad people that kill other people with whatever is available.

S

skydiv

last niter in my town the cops killed a guy with a stun gun. shot him 3 times while 4 other cops watched. he called his girl friend and said she better get home or he was going to bust up her apartment. she called the cops. he tried running from the cops and 1 shot him, he tried getting up and he shot him 2 more times. autopsy showed no medical reason for death. my opinion, I think most cops are to small and are woman. instead of the old days where they wrestle the guy down and handcuff him, now they just shoot in self defence.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
skydiv said:
last niter in my town the cops killed a guy with a stun gun. shot him 3 times while 4 other cops watched. he called his girl friend and said she better get home or he was going to bust up her apartment. she called the cops. he tried running from the cops and 1 shot him, he tried getting up and he shot him 2 more times. autopsy showed no medical reason for death. my opinion, I think most cops are to small and are woman. instead of the old days where they wrestle the guy down and handcuff him, now they just shoot in self defence.

Screw that guy - he conveyed a threat, acted on it, and he fullfilled all the elements of needing to be stopped.

Cops generally shot to "stop the act" not to "kill" anyone. IF a killing results, that sucks.

Would YOU wanna wrestle a guy with a stungun? Not me...

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Jim is right.

The guy should have stayed down.
Put yourself in the cop's shoes before you condemn.
If it took three shot from a stun gun to keep him down it isn't the cop's fault

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Have you ever been hit with a Stun gun?

I have and ONE time is ALL I ever want. No I wasn't doing anything wrong it was during a demonstration.

Why is it that idiots and criminals expect to do whatever they want without penalty? What has happened to people and their common sense?

When you turn on the news and see where the guy in Ky goes in and shoots six people how can you blame the cops for using a stun gun on this guy?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
skydiv said:
autopsy showed no medical reason for death.

I'm no medical examiner but wouldn't the cause of death be 'lead poisoning?'

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, before the anti's jump in,. let me clarify, he was NOT SHOT with a STUN GUN, but with a conventional pistol.

Second, the police today do not learn to use their equipment efficiently any more. A compentent pistol shot could easily have put him down with a leg or knee shot. Howeve,r today it is "Spray and pray ".

don Jose de La Mnacha

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Second, the police today do not learn to use their equipment efficiently any more. A compentent pistol shot could easily have put him down with a leg or knee shot. Howeve,r today it is "Spray and pray ".

I seriously doubt that you will find a police dept. ANYWHERE that trains officers to shoot a person in the leg, or arm. That happens pretty much only in the movies.

I'm pretty sure most dept.'s train for a center mass shot. Largest target is the chest area.

Erin

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI guys, I agree that they are trained that way now, because, as I said, most are not trained to shoot accurately under adverse conditions. I admit that it took a year for me to attain this ability, but it certainly served me well in my explorations. I used 5 boxes daily of full power .357 loads.

When two hi-way patrol men in Calif.had a shootout with some baddies across the three lane freeway and exchanged 200+ shots with no casualties on either side I would say that they are not trained either physically, or psychologically.

Today, most cannot believe that a pistol is effective beyond across the street. When I was in the Border Patrol in Texas, I learned to make positive hits to 400 meters, probable ones to 600. While I may not hit you every time at 600, I can guarantee that you will get the h-- out of there This presupposes a hi quality revolver, no semi will do that... I used a Smith & Wesson , ,357 Hi way Patrolman, with a 4 " barrel and Keith long range front sights.

Side thingie, I beat the Mexican national pistol champion. in straight target shooting.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
blurr said:
Police are not trained to "wound" a threat, they are trained to put it down.

John

Affirmative.

Agreed.

Trained to STOP the threat... might die, might not die.

Center of mass has always been the training standard for regular line officers.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I don't have any enforcement experience.

It would occur to me that rookies are hired for their abilities to deal with people and resolve problem situations quickly and effectively.

Then, efficient shooting comes into the list of qualifiers.

Most departments went to the 14 shot pistols for more than one reason...

Criminals began to carry increased firepower, and, very few people can exhibit precise accuracy when thrust into high pressure adverse situations.

Best,
rmptr

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Real de Tayopa said:
When I was in the Border Patrol in Texas, I learned to make positive hits to 400 meters, probable ones to 600.
Don Jose de La Mancha

Hitting a human size target with a handgun, 4" barrel, at over 1,300 feet is just damn impressive. Especially when done consistently.

600 meters is just short of 2,000 feet, doubly impressive.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
i'm just happy those enraged anti gunners don't have guns! enraged people kill people. i would have to defend myself with my arsenal. weapons don't kill people. drugs and mental problems do. i've been a shooter/ hunter since 12 and never thought of shooting some one, unless my family or life was in danger. i would.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Guy In Back said:
Real de Tayopa said:
When I was in the Border Patrol in Texas, I learned to make positive hits to 400 meters, probable ones to 600.
Don Jose de La Mancha

Hitting a human size target with a handgun, 4" barrel, at over 1,300 feet is just damn impressive. Especially when done consistently.

Well, you know how it is...
There's some folks out there who can find a 1/4 grain gold nugget 4ft down in bad soil with an Ace 250.
Who am I to argue?

Best,
rmptr

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
Guy In Back said:
Real de Tayopa said:
Don Jose de La Mancha

i'm impressed don! i love hand guns and have three but i have to retrain myself every time i get them out.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: I had the best as my mentors. Elmer Keith for long range pistol shooting, Bill Jordan for fast pistol work. and Bill Toney for target work.

Keith was mostly through correspondence, while Jordan and Toney were personal contacts.

To me, a pistol was as much a tool of the trade as a tape measure or a VOM is to a carpenter or an electronic repair man. You must learn the tools of your trade or you are only partly qualified.

So it is with enforcement officers, if they don't learn to use the tools of their trade correctly and efficiently, they are only partly trained and "someone" will eventually suffer for it.

Not to expend sufficient $$ and effort for this is foolish, and it will show up in early physically related retirements, funerals, or increased insurance policies.

Incidentally very few gunshot wounds leave the person as they were before, despite the TV shows, most end up with some physical impairments. I still have a bit of a problem from a few 20 mm fragments from WW-2, a slight limp from the right knee not locking properly every time. The tendon just above the knee cap was almost severed, when it healed, it was slightly shorter.

As for extended range , the longest offhand shot observed by witnesses,was a sitting ground squirrel at the San Quintin prison rifle range. This squirrel had been raising cain with the attempts to grow flowers. He had avoided all traps and they were going to poison him.

This particular day he was sitting up on a rock at a later measured 127 meters. I was asked to try for him. I agreed, since being shot is far more humane than being poisoned. I used the standard "one hand position" and dropped him with the first shot, he never felt a thing.

This story is still being passed around by the inmates, ask them if you go there.

Remember, if you are an enforcement officer learn to use your tools effectively under any condition for yourself, and your family, let alone the public., even if you have to purchase the ammunition yourself.

Actually the same goes for the home owner..

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s I agree rmptr, heheheh, but frankly I expect to be called on anything that I may post, so in order to not forget, It is simpler to only post the truth. Go to your local library and get "Fast and fancy pistol shooting" by Ed McGivern, it will open your eyes.

And yes, I have done quite a few esplorations, including a 6 month backpack one in the southen Mexican jungles looking for Mayan ruins, we lived off of the jungle. On this trip we relied upon 22 pistols for our protein and marginal self defense. I will post some pictures if you wish.

www.explorers.org

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Don Jose,

We would very much enjoy seeing any photos you would post.

Thank you,
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread