16 wounded in French military shooting demonstration - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: 16 wounded in French military shooting demonstration

HI GPURAS: I haven't been called SIR since I left the USAF -- hint. You posted -->

However I would submit to you sir that "we" did "win" the cold war,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    We won the first battle, they are regrouping again, and stronger than before. .
    ************************************************** ************************************

You also posted -->

If you expect someone to cry uncle before we get credit for a "win", then it may indeed be a long time before we see another victory
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Essentially yes, other wise it is simply a limited police action with overwhelming military superiority. When they say a paper tiger, it is not the military that is at fault, but the people and the politicians failing to have the resolve. and will to back the military beyond a brief spurt..

The international groups consider a Paper Tiger a country with out the civilian will or backing to fight a long intensive war, or to "sacrifice" themselves.. Our civilians have very short memories or drive, but with the present oil situation, they may change for a while or go down the drain...
    ************************************************** ***********************************.

.You also posted -->

to know that a threat is no longer a threat
    ~~~~~~~~~~

curious as it seems, they seem to keep popping back up again and again, unless we take over the country, no? In that case it is a win.
    ************************************************** *********************************

AS for Kadafi he is a paper tiger so far also. But he IS out an aspirin factory hehehhe This is an excellent case of letting the military do their job. They can do it, if not hamstrung by the public's reaction or the politician's.

Make no mistake the US military is the best in my opinion, but then I am prejudiced. VIVA the USAF.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11809 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

OHIO DUDE: You posted -->

Guess my experience in the Grenada and The Gulf wars don't count ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Relax my friend. I have never, nor will I ever, run down our military, only the lack of long term civialian / political backing.

Tell me, precisely why were you in Grenada? And what is the status today?

As for the gulf wars, they are still continuing, thanks to our politicials, not our military, they did their job..

Remember, I was in the military also. I started out in Oct 1941, then on Aug 11,,1942, became involved in the now little known Guadalcanal campaign. Then on to the final surrender. . Bk to college, then to the USAF pilot trainng. I have a bit of my life wrapped up in the military, all volunatrily.

Don Jose de La mancha

A recent picture showing that the military leaves it's mark on you.

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    Apr 2007
    N.E. of Atlanta

Don Jose, I agree with you sir! Thank you for your service ! Gpurs...
    Oh, I thought the aspirin factory was what Clinton bombed in Iraq when the Lewinsky thing was all the news? Oh well..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links