I have a plan! But can it be done?

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
OK
First here is the situation. The home building market colapses causing me to get out of home building and leaving me with about 150K in debt. My first wife leaves me because I kept getting deployed with the Guard. I manage to land a SWEET full time army job with full beni's plus housing allowence and then wife number 2 bolts because due to lack of manpower I have involentarily been moved to nights and she doesnt want to be alone (thinks i work to much now) :icon_scratch:. So I am 0 for 2. I work 4-12hour night shifts and I am off 3. I dont want to go out and carry on like some so I have decided to use my new found hobby to work on my Debts.

Here is the plan:
I am going to try and break all records for treasure hunting on an individual scale by using my new hobbies to wipe out as much debt in 6 months as possible. I will use both my metal detector and coin roll hunting and keep a running total for you guys. I make 1LT pay plus beni's and dont have alot of bills just alot of debt. I plan to use every pay check in full and buy 2300 dollars in coins 2x a month every month and search them while on night shift. taking them back to my bank the next day (maybe two thats alot of coins). Because I dont need to pay my bills the second I get my check I will try and do it twice every pay period. So that would be 4x a month with $2300. Plus any thing else I can find with my metal detector which I will use 4 hours per day plus 8 hours on days off from work. Minus drive times and any days I get to spend with my 2 sons. Of course my 8yo is getting a detector asap.

The trick.........
to find the gold and silver and other valuables as fast as I can and photograffed for you guys and get them sold! As close to maket as worldly possible to return the investment money back so I can pay bills with it. The golden number is 150k in six months.

Reality of it...
Dont worry I have other incomes that I use to pay the debts with so nobody is getting starved their money. So by the time the 6 months is up hopefully that debt is gone anyways. But it is a good challenge.

For those of you that took the time to read all of this give me your feed back and let me know if its a dream worth doing or if I am nuts!

Ian

P.S. I have changed my user name from ianjen to surfin.

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Oh anoth PS

Just to tick her off for cleaning out my house while I was at work earning money to support her and her to kids I spent $250 on a new ace 250 with headfones and and couple other things today. It my money but I know it will eat her alive.

Leaving for the beaches up on lake onterio tonight back in 4 days.

Ian

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
surfin said:
OK
First here is the situation. The home building market colapses causing me to get out of home building and leaving me with about 150K in debt. My first wife leaves me because I kept getting deployed with the Guard. I manage to land a SWEET full time army job with full beni's plus housing allowence and then wife number 2 bolts because due to lack of manpower I have involentarily been moved to nights and she doesnt want to be alone (thinks i work to much now) :icon_scratch:. So I am 0 for 2. I work 4-12hour night shifts and I am off 3. I dont want to go out and carry on like some so I have decided to use my new found hobby to work on my Debts.

Here is the plan:
I am going to try and break all records for treasure hunting on an individual scale by using my new hobbies to wipe out as much debt in 6 months as possible. I will use both my metal detector and coin roll hunting and keep a running total for you guys. I make 1LT pay plus beni's and dont have alot of bills just alot of debt. I plan to use every pay check in full and buy 2300 dollars in coins 2x a month every month and search them while on night shift. taking them back to my bank the next day (maybe two thats alot of coins). Because I dont need to pay my bills the second I get my check I will try and do it twice every pay period. So that would be 4x a month with $2300. Plus any thing else I can find with my metal detector which I will use 4 hours per day plus 8 hours on days off from work. Minus drive times and any days I get to spend with my 2 sons. Of course my 8yo is getting a detector asap.

The trick.........
to find the gold and silver and other valuables as fast as I can and photograffed for you guys and get them sold! As close to maket as worldly possible to return the investment money back so I can pay bills with it. The golden number is 150k in six months.

Reality of it...
Dont worry I have other incomes that I use to pay the debts with so nobody is getting starved their money. So by the time the 6 months is up hopefully that debt is gone anyways. But it is a good challenge.

For those of you that took the time to read all of this give me your feed back and let me know if its a dream worth doing or if I am nuts!

Ian

P.S. I have changed my user name from ianjen to surfin.

wish you the best on your goal, you'll have to be dedicated but I think it can be done

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Sounds like you're not bitter at all :)

Seriously though, I think you pouring your energy into your hobbies while making a profit is a good way to get over the ex. Speaking from a fellow divorcee, I recommend getting drunk and chasing members of the opposite sex a few times a month also.

Keep us posted on the totals, especially the CRH totals. Are you concentrating on halfs or just taking what you can get? Where do you plan to sell your finds?

dewinwa

Apr 23, 2008
Naples, Italy
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say that is one ambitious plan and I am really curious to see how well it works. What the hell though you'll never know unless you try and as long as it won't be detrimental to your way of life or your kids no harm no foul right? I would also like to thank you for your unselfish service to our country and good luck.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Good luck on your adventure!!!!

I've never been one to sugar coat anything so please don't be offended by this reply, you asked for our opinion so here's mine.

Detecting and coin roll hunting is nothing more than a lottery when you stand back and think about it. It's not like anyone can tell you how or where to go get the stuff as proficient as possable because nobody knows where it is. You could spend days and days looking without finding anything of value. If you want the money items (gold rings and such) you'll have to dig every single target you come across without exception. Are you willing to do this for 4-8 hours a day?

I think you'll be much better off getting a part time job and keeping it along with doing your hobbies as much as you can until your out of debt. Dump 100% of these proceeds into your debt and it wont be long before it's dissolved. I would assure it'll be more than 6 months though, 150k is a lot of money.

Don't buy anything you don't absolutely have to like the 8 year old a detector. Put everything you don't need towards the cause.

2 ex wife's = child support, is this figured into your equation?

There's no way you'll make 25k a month detecting and coin roll hunting to meet your 150k goal in 6 months. If it was possable to make even half that much everyone would do it and then the odds would be even worse.

I'm not saying it's not entirely possable just very doubtful.

Have a good one and thanks for your dedication to our country.

sparkymaster

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I think it's a great plan.

I think my humor may have fallen short though. I'm a former Army officer myself (10 years active) and current DoD career civilian so I more than most appreciate your service.

I enjoyed the post and wanted to respond so no one else did. I think I'll save my attempt at humor next time.

No harm intended and I hope I didn't offend you.

I'm still interested in the results.

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Thanks,
I do what I do for my country because its the right thing to do.........not because its the best thing for me to do. But I love having the oportunity to wear that uniform and serve my country.

Dont worry "JasonB" as soon as I get the visectemy or however you spell it. I will be chase some.

And thanks for the support I will keep you posted!

Ian

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Good man.

Now, what's the plan on the CRHing. All halfs or some dimes and quarters? I've been hitting some pennies lately and had a ball but it'd be hard to make alot of money at. Silver is the way to go. You can sell the 90% silver on ebay but the 40% doesn't seem to move too well. Just my experience there.

I think if I had a night shift job with time to sort hundreds per day, I could pay off some debt in a short amount of time. I enjoy it so much, it never feels like work.

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Sparkymaster,

I think you mis read it.

I do ok finacially........I am not dwindeling my funds at all. Everybody that is getting paid now will continue to get paid. And of course my children are taken care of. I even give support where not required. I would not risk any money on this. I am just going to use it before I disperse it to my bills and debt.

As for the metal detecting...........well hell I just think its fun!

No worries I would never get offended.

Ian

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Guys,
Its going to be all silvers concentrating on halves.

My sister is a jewler in MA and has a lot of contacts so I am going to use her to unload my silver. I am hoping all of you will help me unload anything rare that I find.

Ian

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like MDing and CRH'ing will solve all your problems from your 150,000 dollars in debt to helping you get off to a great start with Wife Number Three. After the six month mark, you should keep it up--since you'll be getting rich quick by then. You should probably even quit your night job so that you can make $300,000/year by Coin Roll Hunting.

-Buck

OP
OP
surfin

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
Buckleboy,

Hey that would be great but I think I will keep the job. I have been in construction (in kentucky) and having a weekly paycheck is the key!!!!!!!

Ian

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Hey Ian,

Maybe I mislead you by saying the types of things I did. I was by no means insinuating you weren't taking care of or going to take care of your financial obligations.

I just think another income (part time job) along with your hobbies is the answer to paying off the 150k the fastest. As you said "having a weekly paycheck is key" and would greatly help you get the debt paid faster, especially when the hobbies aren't producing. I don't believe anyone can make 25k a month between the two and would be very supprised if it happened.

I follow the CRH section off and on and do it myself every once in a while. If I had to guess at who finds the most silver on that entire forum and I could be wrong, it would be LJ. We all know she finds a ton of silver but I don't think it's anywhere near 25k a month. I'd ask some of those top dogs over there what they think.

Good luck!

sparkymaster

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Thank you for your service to our country.If your pay is covering your obligations pick up some part time for extras.
Bury yourself in hobby in off time.
Find a real professional woman,not a curbside crack whore,to get your horns filed.
Give it 3 or4 years to heal and get out of debt before you start looking for a lasting relationship.Right now you will easily fall right back into the vampire pit.
Don't ask me how I know these things.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
If your wives left you because you worked too much, I suggest you change your taste in women. Find a professional woman who also likes to work.

That's an AWESOME idea! Then she can help you pay off your debts with HER income too! :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pun intended, but I do not see how this is possible at all...unless of course you invent something and get it patented.. but otherwise, work your butt off at two jobs... If I had to depend on hunting..we'd be in the poor house.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The idea of this great hobby.... is NOT to get rich quick... just a slight reality check to toss in here... Not everyone finds caches or gold filled rooms... this is a hobby for fun and adventure...

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
Hey Buddy,
First of all thank you for your service to country.
Nothing is impossible ,but finding 150 k in six months just laying around in the dirt is a tall order.
I do wish you the best of luck though.
HH,
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions