Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
So everyone is ticked-off about Gore winning instead of Sendler, huh?

World War 2 ended in 1945, folks. 1945!

That tells me, for SIXTY THREE (63) years, Sendler has been eligible for the Nobel Prize or some damn prize.

I think the REAL story here is WHY Sendler was rejected/ignored every year for 63 friggin years for ANY prize/award.

I'n no Gore fan, but do we really want to place the blame at his feet? I think not.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I'n no Gore fan, but do we really want to place the blame at his feet?

YES!

Why couldn't Gore have stepped aside and waited his 65 yrs? Sendler worked many,many yrs after the war.But you have your opinion and I have my compassionate opinion.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I think about Gore it brings the ManBearPig episode of South Park to mind. Excelsior! He's an idiot, buoyed up by people's fear of what he is babbling on about. Not that I don't think our climate is screwed up, but we don't need a hypocrite like him benefitting from it.

Sendler did more than Gore could do in a 1000 lifetimes.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizona Bob said:
So everyone is ticked-off about Gore winning instead of Sendler, huh?

World War 2 ended in 1945, folks. 1945!

That tells me, for SIXTY THREE (63) years, Sendler has been eligible for the Nobel Prize or some damn prize.

I think the REAL story here is WHY Sendler was rejected/ignored every year for 63 friggin years for ANY prize/award.

I'n no Gore fan, but do we really want to place the blame at his feet? I think not.

I agree. The loss of the Peace Prize was just the capstone in a lifetime of obscurity.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
WD - Thanks for posting it - I would have never known. :-\

These stories are always perfect for stopping and taking a moment... just to be still.

BTW - Al Gore would still be the criminal that he is even if he DID step aside on the prize... which of course, he never would have. There is no way I would have thought nicely of him even for doing so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread