Burdies Trip July 16 th. Thanks to Jeff of PA purchased new house today. - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    56 times

Re: Burdie's Trip July 16 th. UP Date.

Will you be going by the Reed gold mine?It's in Cabarrus County,NC.That's part of my family ancestor history.

us
    Looking for that ONE find.

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    87 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Burdie's Trip July 16 th. Thanks to Jeff of PA purchased new house today.

After I move into my new home I will need some visitors. We have over 250 rooms and 40 bathrooms. Lots of area to metal detect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0012-6.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	218259
    No digging in the front yard.

The winter garden room as you walk in.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0006-4.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	218260

This is NOT your back side. :P Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0005-5.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	218261

We can keep our detectors here and display our finds.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0010-5.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	218262 It was the carriage house.

Hope you enjoyed. Come see us when you can. Thanks Jeff the paper work will be mailed to you soon.
    OH I think they call it Biltmore, Bilt was the name of town in Holland and more which mean open rolling hills.
    I think I will call it CTH hang out.

Burdie

us

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    87 times

Re: Burdie's Trip July 16 th. UP Date.

Quote Originally Posted by warsawdaddy
    Will you be going by the Reed gold mine?It's in Cabarrus County,NC.That's part of my family ancestor history.
    Wish I was WSD. Momma says we are going west to Gatlinburg, Tenn. next.

Burdie

us
    Apr 2007
    God's lap
    X-terra 70 ACE 250
    58 times

Re: Burdie's Trip July 15 th. UP Date.

Quote Originally Posted by Burdie
    Here are the results of the hiddenite mine escapade. Even Vicki got in the mud and dug for Gems. We did have fun but throw the clothes away when you get done.

We were told one ruby, some topaz, and saphires

Burdie
    I see purple!!! lol Looks like you guys had a great time again and thanks once again for taking us with you! Those are gorgeous!!

us
    Apr 2007
    God's lap
    X-terra 70 ACE 250
    58 times

Beautiful home!! I wanna visit! lol

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2414 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Burdie,

If you're still in the Asheville area, make sure you stop at one of the Mast General Stores. There's several in the state of NC...we went to the one at Waynesville...south of Asheville. http://www.mastgeneralstore.com/history.cfm

Heading to Gatlinburg? When you go through the Smokies make the loop through Cades Cove on the TN side of the park. http://www.cadescove.net/auto_tour.html

Just be aware of Dollywood...tourist trap like Gatlinburg.

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    56 times

RR - Funny you mention Dollywood.I had a nightmare about Dolly Parton the other night.I dreamed I was her little baby and she tried to put a bottle in my mouth! Couldn't help postin',pls forgive.

us
    The Lord Has Risen

May 2005
    Cherokee Strip
    Cibola
    93 times

Daddy we can forgive YOU almost anything

Stan it looks like you and Vicki are having so much fun, how long were you playing in the mud to get get that much ---- very cool !

When you ready for visitors be sure to let us know!

Sooooooooooo where ya been eating and where tonight?

Can't wait for tomorrows pics ...... these are great as are all
    This is the day the Lord hath made we shall rejoice and be glad in it!

us
    Apr 2007
    God's lap
    X-terra 70 ACE 250
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by warsawdaddy
    RR - Funny you mention Dollywood.I had a nightmare about Dolly Parton the other night.I dreamed I was her little baby and she tried to put a bottle in my mouth! Couldn't help postin',pls forgive.
    ROFL that would be pretty rude of her! Dear goodness I nearly choked when I read that I was laughing so hard! We love you Daddy!

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

Lambert's restaurant has some of the best food I have ever tasted. The roll throwing thing is hilarious. The girls that bring around big pots full of sides are cute too. You make me want to go back to bootheel country!!!

John

us

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    87 times

Quote Originally Posted by blurr
    Lambert's restaurant has some of the best food I have ever tasted. The roll throwing thing is hilarious. The girls that bring around big pots full of sides are cute too. You make me want to go back to bootheel country!!!

John
    Hey blurr, come on down to CTH2 and you can hit Lamberts on your way back.

Burdie

us
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Burdie
    Quote Originally Posted by blurr

John
    Hey blurr, come on down to CTH2 and you can hit Lamberts on your way back.

Burdie

That sounds like a blast. That is during sugar beet harvest for me. I need to keep the inlaws happy Thanks for the invite though

John

Wow Burdie!!!
    I love that huge house you two bought with all that gold you're not telling us about.
    Man, what a great trip you are having.
    I'm still working to remove that wedgie from our hunt.
    -Doug-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links