Burdies Trip July 16 th. Thanks to Jeff of PA purchased new house today.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie's Trip July 16 th. Thanks to Jeff of PA purchased new house today.

Starts the day before the trip. Just like other titles not truely the real story. It starts on July 4th. God Bless America. The wife and I love our children but we are secretly anticipating our trip to the Southeast US. But first things first. Little miss 4th of July had to make her appearence and boy did she. PICT0012.JPG

Daddy I need on the 4 wheeler to lead this parade. PICT0017.JPG

First T-ball game. PICT0006.JPG

Well the day ended with three plates of smoked ribs by my son-in-law who will be cooking down at CTH2. Then I finished that off with three bowls of home made icecream. By 11:00 I said I had enough.

I drug my big butt out at 8:45 am and left by 9:30 or near it. That damn Tom Tom!!!! You have to read instructions to get it figured out. Geesh. Well after following the Indian trails we came to a stop just for River Rat. Take a look at this place!
PICT0020.JPG I have never seen so much cheese. Blueberry, smoked, pizza, fish, and more. Hold RR back TNetters.

I don't know how we got there but we did.

Finally we made it to Lamberts the throwing rolls. PICT0021.JPG Folks this meal will last all day. Wow now that is a 16 inch skillet they serve you with. PICT0024.JPG

Sorry too dark for my camera. It was fantastic food. Well after I get my Tom Tom to start taking me down highways I will get started on day two.

Burdie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: Burdie's Trip Day 1 2008. For those who can't get out this is for you.

You didn't come through Warsaw! You went down hwy 13! Oceola has some history other than cheese,it has to do with some noted cowboys that the Yankees called outlaws.Glad you made it to Lambert's.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like you're having fun! Lil Miss 4th of July has really grown since last October. What a real cutie pie. Thanks for thinking of me...you know I love cheese. ;D petri49a.jpg

I can't believe we stayed the night at a hotel in Sikeston, MO on the way home from JD's Hunt. If I would had known about Lambert's I would had stopped for a meal. I found them just now on the WWW so the one in Foley, AL is closer...maybe we'll get there to catch some rolls.

For those who don't know about throwing rolls and meals served in 16" skillets. http://www.throwedrolls.com/

:wink: RR

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie just called and said he and Vicki are in Memphis hoping to make it to Nana's tomorrow. First day of trip rough! Vicki got food poisoning. Starting to feel a little better and he called to get Nana's address and number and will call them next. Hugs and prayers to Vicki, feel better! We love ya! Burdie is not posting because his computer power supply might be fried, won't power his battery back up. Hopefully he will post when he gets to Nana's!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

awwwww this was supposed to be FUN!! Hurry up and feel better Vicki! We love you!

Attachments

• inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 462
  • inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    inmyprayersdovecross.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 453

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Hope you feel better,Vicky.That southern roadkill is kinda rich if you're not use to it.I wouldn't have thought you would get sick until you got to Nana's.I think she's gonna have KFC the first night and Pizza Hut the second.Charlie says she does best with those two.Get a big bottle of the 'pink stuff' before you get there.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now, Daddy! Don't scare them off! We haven't had Pizza Hut in almost three weeks, now! ;D Hurry and get here, I'll take good care of ya Vic! :wink:

And speaking of Lambert's, we always go by the one in Foley. Lot's a fun there. :D

Ya'll be careful. Looking forward to seeing you two. :wink:

me~

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, finally got two stragglers dragging up to my door this afternoon! Both here with a smile on their face! A couple of hours later (read as: after a couple of hours of unpacking the car) ;D we took them for a whirlwind tour of Smith Lake. Started out launching at the park and headed for Goat Island. Neat place where there's still an old homesite and an old wrecker on the island. Burdie and I just sat and stared at that old house, wondering what all we could find if'in we'd brought our detectors with us. :P :D

100_1305.jpg

Next was the castle on the lake....

100_1310.jpg

See that smile on Vickie's face? That was just after I told her she really didn't have to eat that Raccoon Stew tonight. ;D

100_1315.jpg

And ya know, they traveled all the way from Kansas, and we took them out to eat in Dodge City tonight! :D Go figure! :D

Nana :-*

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You know I think everyone is having a FANTASTIC time, where you going to eat tomorrow ? Or what maybe Kansas City Style BBQ!

Keep posting the great pics love em! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We had Southern hospitality with a capital S. Bless you two!! Having a great time. Hope my computer is up and running soon.

Burdie

nana40hubby

Jan 16, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nana40

Well I have a full day planned for Burdie today! I gave him a teaser last night I told him that I didn't think that what I had found was even legal anymore. And WSD don't get excited & get in the car until you read the post tomorrow. Because I told Burdie today's trip could only be enjoyed on Wednesday. You will all understand later. Let's just say Burdie and I are going to step back in time a bit! I don't understand... I have been knocking on their door for about 15 minutes now & can't seem to stir them. Maybe they are still on their knees thanking God for making it back off of the boat after some of the stories I told them about the boat after we got back!

By the way you may want to check out this thread... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,167406.0.html

Charlie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie, I don't know what teasing tales you told Burdie, or what you have planned for the day, but it sure is causing goosebumps on me. I believe Burdy & Vicki are ready to haul their a$$es out of Bama. :sign10:

680361612_ae3159feb0 (2).jpg

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like everyone is having a great time, keep it up I am loving the pics !

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie...You know I will be checking this thread everyday....Seems like I end up on here at 3:30am....Talk to you later Stan...Keep smiling..both of ya.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey we are back on track. Had a great time checking the place out in and around Birmingham.
Here is capt. Charlie getting ready to cast off. Wait!!! Don't forget the passengers. captRay.jpg

We are heading for the outback to look for female gorrilas. :icon_scratch: crossing creek.jpg
We got to eat in Nana's private Kitchen.WOW. Nanakitchen.jpg

PICT0022-1.JPG The eigth wonder of the world. :tongue3: Good job Charlie.

fourontour.jpg A great tour of the vulcan park. It is a long way up there.

Charlie talked some cows out of some sweet milk. That was a Big surprise. The cows even gave up icecream. PICT0038.JPG You won't find a guy any nicer than Charlie. Thank you so much to both of you. This is a dream stay thats for sure.

Burdie

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Pics.

That Statue looks awsome

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow it looks like soooooooooo much fun, ya'll have done gone and made me hungry too geesh! Keep postin the pics. The weather looks fantastic were fixin on gettin a storm here! :icon_sunny:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

awww man! I want a storm! It is just stinkin hot here! lol Loving that you are taking us along on the trip Burdie!! Thanks so much for sharing!

nana40hubby

Jan 16, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nana40

OK the gig is up... Burdie finally found out what the surprise was. To some of you old timers out there, remember when the milk man brought your milk to your door? My brother & sister & I would race to be first in line for the milk so we could get the cream off the top for our cereal. Now you know how I keep my figure. Burdie & I had talked of this before & we agreed that milk just don't taste like it used to. So I went on this little hunt & here is what I found.
http://www.wrightdairy.com/store.htm Where it is made!
http://www.wrightdairyicecream.com/ And where we bought it!
So now you all know the big surprise. Maybe this doesn't mean a whole lot to some of you, but this is like time travel to us! Let me just say that Burdie and I have to take shifts on the boat now.... there is a weight limit you know!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea! Im glad he could have the cream, we went to a dairy a few years go and bought some it was delicious!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread