State lotto con job... Zero chance

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I play the Florida lotto, only one dollar a week, but I feel that I have just as much of chance of winning as the next guy that spends a buck a week. I don't buy scratch off tickets, but wow, I never thought of this before. If the grand prize has been scratched off...

Here is the link to the article with a portion below.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/lottery.tickets/index.html

When Scott Hoover bought a $5 scratch-off ticket in Virginia called "Beginner's Luck" last summer, he carefully studied the odds. Even though he figured his chances of winning were a long shot, he felt the odds were reasonable.

Hoover, a business professor at Washington and Lee University in Virginia, wasn't surprised when his tickets didn't bring him the $75,000 grand prize, but he was shocked to learn the top prize had been awarded before he bought the ticket.

"I felt duped into buying these things," Hoover said.

He discovered the Virginia State Lottery was continuing to sell tickets for games in which the top prizes were no longer available. Public records showed that someone had already won the top prize one month before Hoover played. He is now suing the state of Virginia for breach of contract.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Actually, you have a better chance of getting elected governor than winning the lottery.... :D

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
Shoot I couldnt even win the sperm lottery.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a tuff call for the Lottery.

They need to sell the rest of the tickets to Make what they Planned on.

and They can't hold the Grand prize for last
it wouldn't be fair.

considerinng the ticket price
and number of winning tickets
there are still
odds of doubling your money or more.

wanna gamble for a big payment play powerball

In reality it's the same odds of hitting $75,000.00
as it is for hitting $75,000,000.00
you gotta get crap lucky :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread