Seen in Kansas

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
While I was doing some research on Caldwell and surrounding areas in anticipation of CTH2 I came across an article I thought you all might find interesting. :o

New Homeowners Find Coin Cache

Story by Elizabeth Cochran, AP Writer

KANSAS - A small Kansas town couple who just recently purchased their 1st home were moving

an old shed in their back yard to make room for a garden. During the removal of the shed,

they discovered an old molasses bucket apparently buried during the turn of the century. Inside the

bucket was reportedly numerous silver dollars, $5, $10, and $20 gold pieces totaling around $3,500 face value.

Since there is no indication of previous ownership, the D.A. has ruled that the money belongs

to the new owners who want to remain anonymous. However, upon hearing that there is some

eccentric person in the neighborhood who goes around beeping and shining a light at night, they decided

that perhaps a quieter neighborhood was more to their liking and packed up immediately and left. The proceeds of the

sale of the property went to S.P.A.S.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
darn always knew Elizabeth couldn't stay quiet, poor couple probably just wanted to go see old Pedro in Mexico and help
him with his find :tard:

BTW the only true flag sequence is as follows on what to fly the American always first, the POW always second and then
THE GATOR NATION :thumbsup: :wink:

Attachments

• FF_12494_l.jpg
    FF_12494_l.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 102

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know what a cream can of coins look like. ;D Nope I didn't get one coin! Nope I didn't find it for some one else. No detector was used for this find. That is all I will say about that.

Burdie

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow I missed this post but I know that house. I was by there a little over a year ago and some fool left a brand new digging tool just sitting out on the porch. Well, since the place was obviously vacant I grabbed it and have been using it ever since. Nice finds that day. Thanks Mr. Anonymous!
M :thumbsup: nty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread