OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Cal, as Don Jose (Sophocles de Mexico Norte) says, a PWM might be the next step for controlling the cell.
Effectively, they are a DC motor controller, if you got one of those kickin' around...

Another option is to build an additional cell.

Wired in series, it would drop the voltage. Only 3v is necessary for the process.
Wired in parallel, it would reduce the amperage draw of each cell.

IMO, 8-10 amps at startup, up to about 20 amps peak is about optimal for a customary automotive system to handle without more serious modifications to the charging circuit.

HHO Forums has plenty good info.

Best

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
rmptr said:
Cal, as Don Jose (Sophocles de Mexico Norte) says, a PWM might be the next step for controlling the cell.
Effectively, they are a DC motor controller, if you got one of those kickin' around...

Another option is to build an additional cell.

Wired in series, it would drop the voltage. Only 3v is necessary for the process.
Wired in parallel, it would reduce the amperage draw of each cell.

IMO, 8-10 amps at startup, up to about 20 amps peak is about optimal for a customary automotive system to handle without more serious modifications to the charging circuit.

HHO Forums has plenty good info.

Best
I have abandoned all hope of getting the water4gas model working properly. At 8 amps the wires still got so hot they melted the holes in the frame that was holding them in place.

I am building what people call a smacks booster now. I have all the parts to put it together and will start construction tomorrow.

The PWM works to a degree but people have had them burn out already. I am going to dilute the electrolyte solution to slow down the current which will also keep the heat down.

I am modifying the smacks to have more plates that are not connected directly to the positive and negative which should drop the voltage thus producing less heat to deal with. I am also building a Plexiglas housing around the cell to force the current to pass through each plate instead of jumping around the plates via the electrolyte.

I will post the results after I test it in my vehicle.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Thanks for the report Farmercal.

Haven't made any progress after buying most of the necessary materials for fabrication...

Good luck to you!

rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread