Anyone else seen Wall-E? What did you think?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Yes it was the first movie I have seen in a long time where I would have liked to demand a refund for the whole family!

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
My health won't allow me to sit through a movie, and my wife and kids said I was the lucky one for not going. Who says being disabled is all bad?? ;D

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I loved it. Poor little WALL-E is working away, nearly alone, with his only companion a cockroach, and the bits or memoriabilia he's collected. Suddenly, Eve comes into his 'life', and he's smitten. I won't ruin it for the others who have not seen it, but I thought it was great.

But, I'm a softy at heart.

Roger

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Iguess you missed the part about the human race?

How about the fact that once Eve arrived it was BORING?????

I did however like the little wink at 2001 that was in the movie.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
BE CAREFUL SPOILER. READ AT OWN PERIL.

mastereagle22 said:
Iguess you missed the part about the human race?

How about the fact that once Eve arrived it was BORING?????

I did however like the little wink at 2001 that was in the movie.

Nope, I caught the part about the humans on the fastrack to elimination from the natural world.

Can't say I 'got' the part about "2001". I'm assuming you're refering to "2001, A Space Oddesy", but I've never seen/read it.

As far as being "boring" once Eve arrived, I disagree.

WALL-E has been alone for decades or centuries. The other WALL-E's long since ceased operation, hence his scavenging their parts........did you notice him passing the 'broken down' robots everywhere? But he's been doing his job, a steadfast Tin Soldier. Suddenly Eve enters his existence, and he's captivated. The compteing sub plots of the movie intervene, but you see him at the end sacrificing himself to save the 'plant', essentially saving the humans, and Eve. He's 'salvaged', but after re-booting doesn't recognize the object of his affections. But, finally, true love triumphs. At least that's the way I saw it. But, admittedly, I'm a bit biased. I am living WALL-E's life.

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have to go with ramjet2187 on this one. i liked it ... poor little Wall-E

he is like the little homeless man of the 25 century, he collect items he like and trash the rest.
All alone until Eve shows up, can you image if you were alone on a planet lets say for just 5 years and you see the first one alive of your kind,

i have to say good movie,

USTiger

ac385

Jul 26, 2005
Ga
Wall-E is the secret child of Johnny 5. Has anyone else noticed that Pixar ripped off the design?

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
The ships main computer, the floating eye thing was like Hal in 2001.

As for the movie, I loved the fist part. I loved how WALL-E changed out his treads and how his little cockroach friend wouldn't die no matter what. The spork scene was funny. The sense of being alone and being isolated and just going on with doing the same thing was very good. Once Eve got there and acheived her objective the movie got boring for quite a while, until the space scene in my opinion.

I love SCI-FI and fantasy stuff but this movie just didn't meet the expectations I had for it. It did have a few humorous parts put for the most part left me unsatisfied. I also felt like they rushed the ending.

Not everyone likes the same things in movies as everyone else and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. The previews and teasers for WALL-E made me expect so much more than I was given by the movie. I left the theatre dissapointed and really did feel like I had just wasted my money on a movie that just wasn't that good. And I hate when that happens.

All I can say is my 3-year old hated the movie. He likes the robot WALL-E but when I asked if he wanted to go see the movie again he said NO! That pretty much tells the tale for me...

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
ME, You wrote <Not everyone likes the same things in movies as everyone else and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. The previews and teasers for WALL-E made me expect so much more than I was given by the movie. I left the theatre dissapointed and really did feel like I had just wasted my money on a movie that just wasn't that good. And I hate when that happens.>

Well, that does make all the difference.........I don't own a television, so I wasn't exposed to any previews, or teasers. I just went to the theater, and saw the movie. I didn't really have any idea what it was about, other than my 11 year old announced we were going to see it :D.

I still didn't get the "2001" connection, but like I said, I have never seen it.....

Come down and dig in Tennessee.

Roger

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Is anyone else a bit tired of directors giving human emotions to other objects? I've had enough of dancing penguins, talking ass-kicking pandas, and sentient machines. If I EVER get in a car and it speaks like Larry the cable guy, I'm going to a good shrink.
Why can't we have some movies like the good old days. Where are you John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Fess Parker?
Give me a movie where the "hero" acts like a MAN, kicks he-- out of the bad guys, and sleeps with a hot woman.
Old guys shouldn't do movie reviews. I like Joannie Depp but he can't carry a movie like actors of old. Bogart makes most modern day actors look like sissy men.
grizzly bare

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter said I wouldn't like it.

'Nuf for me..............

Top Member Reactions