Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
How's your finance?

This is for July 9, 08.

Down 236 today.

Yay! Ford is still hangin' in there at $5 a share!

Best

finance7908.jpg

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Re: How's your finance?

Y'know Snake, I was thinkin that myself!

A big huge corporation like IndyMac probably has some really great looking stock certificates.
If they can be bought for forty cents a share it would be good to wallpaper a room.

I don't really have anything I could afford to lose right now, but since the price is right there might be a little in the kitty for re-decorating my office... SOMEONE says almost anything would be an improvement!

Best

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GO NORONT junior Canadian mining / exploration . co voted no.1 among Canadian mining companies. should be $15 - 20 down to $2.==

http://www.stockwatch.com/swnet/utilit/utilit_snapsh_result.aspx Type in NOT.

holds a $2 billion dollar property, among others, but the stock is being manipulated .

Don Jose de La Mancha

but be prepared to have a bit of patience.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Ah! Since Don Jose De La Mancha has graced my post with short respite from el Real de Tayopa,
I'll present my Canadian mining tale... I've heard tell of great prospects far up north!

When I was a young buck and knew SO much more than I do now, I was hitching a ride from one town,
to the next, most likely just enjoying the fine California weather... ;D

An old codger gave me a lift, and free advice, on the short trip...
He was a decent sort, kinda dressed western, and he looked kinda spunky/scrappy... confident.

After a short conversation, he commences to tell me that if he were a young man he'd head off to Cash Creek, up in Canada, with a prospecting rig.
No roads up there, he says. Buy a mule to carry your gear in, as far as you can get with him, in the summer, and build yourself a shack to get through the winter. The mule will join you for dinner.
When spring breaks, you can complete your trip in, work a prospect over the summer months, and do quite well for yourself.
He warned me, "If you don't leave before the first snow, it could get rough on you..."
Just about then he stopped to let me off and advised me the Canadians wouldn't take kindly to me waltzing over their border with a poke of gold, so I'd need to deal with that.
I quickly asked, "How well did you do?"

He said, "I'll be 62 next month, and I never went back..."

S

Smee

rmptr said:
Y'know Snake, I was thinkin that myself!

A big huge corporation like IndyMac probably has some really great looking stock certificates.
If they can be bought for forty cents a share it would be good to wallpaper a room.

I don't really have anything I could afford to lose right now, but since the price is right there might be a little in the kitty for re-decorating my office... SOMEONE says almost anything would be an improvement!

Best
:icon_scratch: HEY! THAT'S MY MORTGAGE LENDER!!! WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH MY MONEY???

YOU PEOPLE GET BACK TO WORK!

I DIDN"T SEND THAT MONEY FOR YOU TO GO PLAY THE SLOTS IN VEGAS!

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE RESPONSIBLE AND USED IT TO SPECULATE IN OIL FUTURES!!!

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia

I like bank stocks! The small banks are going to be bought out by the bigger banks, possible decent profits. The big banks are going to get bigger, future profits. The federal goverment will also bail out the banks if they get to deep in trouble.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Well, Snake, how do you feel about private people taking big risks and perhaps making huge profits,
but passing their losses on to the taxpayer when they lose, bigtime?

That is exactly what's going on, here.
Our children will have so much more debt from the gate than we can imagine today!

Just one new CEO got a million salary, but up to 38 million in options and bonus money.

My home repair business is in the dumps.

Should the taxpayers should buy me a house like they are for all the fat cats?

Yes, my friend Jeepers will come along and tell you I'm looking for a trainwreck.

I think it's unavoidable.

But I wish you the best!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Think I'll grow where I'm planted on debt free food producing acreage and live within my means for the time being.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia

I do not like how it works either, but if that's how the system works. Ford is a good play right now in the long term. I believe the federal government will bail them out like they did Chrysler.

At this point I have moved alot of my investments into cash. Inflation is killing me. I am pondering more investment properties. I am self employed and do not want to eat generic cat food in my old age. any advice you have I would appreciate.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Of course I have no clue what your options are, but if I was concerned about eating catfood,
and DID own some land, I'd try growing catfish or tilapia in ponds.

I like both, and they are different from each other.

Never could see giving my $'s to someone to invest, then having them give me a % back...
So I figured it always a good investment to buy tools.

Now all you can do is give 'em away! There's no work.

And the rental agent has tagged me for storing my tools at my rented home.

People may wonder why I gloom and doom... seems like the deck is stacked against me, sometimes.

At least I've found work this last week.
Today is the project super's last day. They don't need him any more.
There probably will no longer be any work for me, either.

Foreclosures, attempts at short sales, and REO homes up and down all the streets.
Weeds starting to grow at homes and lawns allowed to brown out.

Can't see that things will get much better, soon.

Winter is gonna be REAL tough. It freezes some, but no snow here.

Best

S

Smee

Ah well, it happened! Click Here: Regulators seize troubled IndyMac

Indy Mac was closed today at 3:00 PM by the FDIC.

"The operations of the Pasadena, Calif.-based bank - once one of the nation's largest home lenders - were shut down at 3 p.m. by the Office of Thrift Supervision and transferred to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp . . .
According to the FDIC, IndyMac's failure will result in up to $500 million in lost deposits out of $1 billion in uninsured deposits held by 10,000 customers. . . .'It's possible this will be the most costly bank failure in history, but it's too soon to say,' FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair"

Shares closed at $0.28 . . .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread