Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI: It was posted -->...the Declaration of Independence CLEARLY spelled out that the people had the right to choose their own form of government. The reasoning for doing so does not matter, for "if the majority " feel it is needed then it is their right to do as they wish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no disputing this, and the majority stayed with the then Fed gov't, so the Conferency did not represent the majority any more than one of our present minorities, in fact the majority of the states supported the Fed Gov't.. I presume that you will agree that none of our present minorities have the avowed right to resort to violence under the above interpretation.

Till Eulenspiegle alias Don Jose de La Mancha

Don...good point...the MAJORITY overall voted to stay with the Union...however EACH state had votes to either stay or leave that Union and the Southern states that left voted to do so with the majority in each state voting to do so. The debate has been over the years (and probably won;t ever be settled) whether they had the Constitutional right to do so and has been a matter of who did the interpretation. My opinion has always been they did have that right..but I;ve been wrong before and will surely be wrong again... ;D
As far as the flag goes...So long as it is not flown with racist intent or with dis-respect to Old Glory...then fly it with Pride... for alot of Americans died fighting under that flag in the belief that they were fighting to preserve their constitutional rights.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
To me the Confederate Flag is not a racial statement. The Civil War was not initiated due to slavery.

When the war started, General Lee did not own a single slave and he did not support slavery. On the other side, General Grant did own two slaves.

Slavery was not a one way street. The largest slave owner in Louisiana was a Black Doctor from New Orleans. Check the slave records.

If you take the carridge tours in Natchez Mississippi, you may be shock to learn that the largest slave owner there was also a black person. Yes there were black and white slave owners on both sides of the Mason Dixon Line.

Shortly before the Civil War, about 500 slaves that built many of the brick streets in New York City, somehow ended up dieing on the same day and ended up in a mass grave. This was the single most horrific crime committed against the slaves and the Confederate Flag did not fly above New York City.

Slavery in any form is wrong and should never be condon. Slavery was not a Southern issue or a Northern issue, it was a World issue and yes there have been both black and white slaves throughout the history of the World.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gray Cloud...you are correct in your slavery statement..both that it was not intitially the cause of the Civil War...it was an issue as far as free/slave states went but most Southerners were not fighting over salvery but for state rights.
Also Blacks did not hold an exclusive on being slaves as you stated... the Irish and Chinese were slaves and discriminated against as much as the blacks were...Prominent signs around New England stated..."No Irish Need Apply". As you stated slavery in any form shape or manner is wrong, yet history seems to forget that there were many races that were slaves thru history.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Thanks Mainedigger. My deal is this. The South needs to quit being persecuted, blamed and punish for something that was a World issue.

Black people need to quit using slavery as a crutch and accept there plight due to there own short comings. Look at the Korean people in the U.S. They went to school, studied,worked two and three jobs at a time, became business owners. What they did not do- drop out of school, look up to dope dealers and rappers, ask what is my country going to do for me, stand on the corner and hold themselves instead of going to work. No this is not true for all black people but it is true for far too many. The sad thing is that I will be accused as a racist for stating the truth. :icon_scratch:

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
GrayCloud said:
Thanks Mainedigger. My deal is this. The South needs to quit being persecuted, blamed and punish for something that was a World issue.

Black people need to quit using slavery as a crutch and accept there plight due to there own short comings. Look at the Korean people in the U.S. They went to school, studied,worked two and three jobs at a time, became business owners. What they did not do- drop out of school, look up to dope dealers and rappers, ask what is my country going to do for me, stand on the corner and hold themselves instead of going to work. No this is not true for all black people but it is true for far too many. The sad thing is
that I will be accused as a racist for stating the truth
. :icon_scratch:

You said it, I didn't, but that is not the truth, you watch too much TV, which seems to be your only perspective on African Americans.

Some Native Americans are self hating as are African Americans. For instance they will sport a cowboy hat, boots and go to square dances and in general take up the Western ways. They might call those statements raciest, are they? Strange that they choose the ways of the same people who almost wiped out their ancestors.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
TV ? Like hell. >:( I live in it. Go visit Lake Providences, Louisiana, Eudora Arkansas, etc... Back in the 50s and 60s they were beautiful prosperous little towns, a regular Mayberry. Today you can not walk their streets after dark.

Saw a farmer get his life threaten for offering work to several black youths on the streets of Eudora. How dare him offer them the opportunity to work for a days wage. Yes they were standing on the corner holding themselves.

A week later a lady and her six year old child almost got kill, when there car was shot up while passing by the same location. That lady and her child probably provoked it.

I myself was confronted with death by four black youth, one block from the same location. If I had not been packing, I would not be here today.

I have employed and manage several hundred black employees in this area, and had to drastically overstaff to have enough people to show up to run the plant. We had to set up bussing to bring employees from over 100 miles away, because a town with a 50% unemployment rate could not staff our plant. You could go to town on any day after 2 PM. and the sidewalk would be full of black youths, Holding themselves with one had and a beer in the other, standing on the sidewalks. Slow down and you would get your a$$ shot off.

My best workers were the black ladies from 35 to 60, with hungry mouths at home.

TV...You just don't have a clue.

S

Smee

Ant said:
You said it, I didn't, but that is not the truth, you watch too much TV, which seems to be your only perspective on African Americans.

Some Native Americans are self hating as are African Americans. For instance they will sport a cowboy hat, boots and go to square dances and in general take up the Western ways. They might call those statements raciest, are they? Strange that they choose the ways of the same people who almost wiped out their ancestors.

;D You've never been to the Southern States, have ya?? ;D

I work as a skip tracer/repo man and a bill collector. I have to go into the neighborhoods where this stuff is going on. It is even considered a status symbol to get a "crazy check" from the state. You then NEVER have to work, and in fact it is almost impossible to get a decent job then. Also hard to be properly punished for some crimes because you can't be executed if you're crazy.

This is not a characterization of all blacks, but too many of them spend all day trying to sleep because they are up all night using the cover of darkness to rob, steal, destroy, and kill anything of worth . . . sometimes in my neighborhood . . . but they really work to stop their own people from achieving and destroy their dreams if they take the step of becoming a contributor to society. It may be different up north, I don't know.

As for us Indians, some of us try to fit in with society and some cling to the old ways - and some of us try both. The men who rounded up the Cherokee in 1838 no longer walk this ground. They have paid the wages for their sins. (Romans 6:23) I can't take out my anger upon them.

On the other hand, I've seen a lot of whites trying very hard to be Indians :wink: --- works both ways. Seen lots of cowboys with feathers and turquoise.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ant, One other thing I did not see on TV. I have been personally attacked by Jessie Jackson who is a trator to his own people. I was not surprise by what came out of his mouth the other day about Obama. He has said much worse about me, at the same time he was trying to pimp his people to a food service union. The whole thing was a scam to rob the employees of thier money. Who stood up for the black employees, me a white guy, :icon_scratch:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
:icon_scratch: Well 3/4 White and 1/4 Cherokee. I am very proud of my Cherokee heritage.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Just so ya know - Ant (Anthony) is Creole... I'm sure he understands the perspective.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Montana Jim said:

Just so ya know - Ant (Anthony) is Creole... I'm sure he understands the perspective.

AND A RIGHTEOUS CREOLE ... Anthony is one of the best ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LuvYa Ant ~ Nick

I must agree!

John

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
Montana Jim said:

Then it must be said:

La défaut du mien! La Beep

RevJoel

Mar 1, 2006
Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker
250px-Bravesflag.png

This is the flag flown by Brigadier General Stand Watie, CSA. General Watie led a group of Cherokees in the Battle of Locus Grove.

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
The Third National Flag of the Confederate States
March 1865

3RD-NATIONALflag.gif

The third national flag of the Confederate States was adopted by the Congress in March of 1865. As far as I am concerned, this is the current flag of the Confederacy. The government of the Confederate States disbanded, but did not surrender. This will remain the flag of the Confederacy until the Confederate Congress reconvenes in Richmond and changes it if they so choose. If there should be a flag to represent the Confederate nation, this should be the one. As much as I love the battle flag, it was a flag used in only one of the three major Confederate Armies of the war.

This is just my two non-Lincoln cents.

Brian
Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest Camp 1931
SCV
Covington, Occupied Louisiana

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
GrayCloud said:
General, your troops await your comand.

LOL... Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest Camp 1931 is the camp(lodge) name not his rank in SCV

Attachments

• scvlogo2.gif
    scvlogo2.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 152

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread