Things That Bug Me ~ Not a Rant

S

stefen

Walked into a Honda Dealer yesterday with Cristina to look for and to buy her a new car.

A feminine-type Sales Executive (BS for dopey salesman) came bouncing out of the door, and with a big smile on her puss, gave us a 'Hi Guys' greeting.

What I do for you guys? I looked at her and asked 'Are you a guy?' and she said no.

So I said, 'I'm a guy but she (pointing at Cristina) is your prospective customer and she surely is not a guy!'

She almost wet herself trying to apologize...so I said, I want a saleperson with more respect towards their customers. We immediately got the sales manager as our sales rep.

The same goes with being addressed as 'Buddy', Boss' White Meat or any other low-life title that todays management is permitting.

I see no reason to not refrain from bringing this to the attention of the person crossing that line or to the management of that institution.

What is your button?

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
there are a lot of people working on the "front line" that should be stocking shelves at night or in there own business. (assholes. com!). i confront them up front and try to set them straight. if that doesn't float i go higher. treat me as a friend and with respect or my money walks. snotty clerks," better than you are sales people," " i don't care if you are here" people. see ya jerks! Bill

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Yeah, the "Buddy" gets to me when the boss uses it. It's like he's sugar coating a load before asking for something. :wink:

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
stefen said:
Walked into a Honda Dealer yesterday with Cristina to look for and to buy her a new car.

A feminine-type Sales Executive (BS for dopey salesman) came bouncing out of the door, and with a big smile on her puss, gave us a 'Hi Guys' greeting.

What I do for you guys? I looked at her and asked 'Are you a guy?' and she said no.

So I said, 'I'm a guy but she (pointing at Cristina) is your prospective customer and she surely is not a guy!'

She almost wet herself trying to apologize...so I said, I want a saleperson with more respect towards their customers. We immediately got the sales manager as our sales rep.

The same goes with being addressed as 'Buddy', Boss' White Meat or any other low-life title that todays management is permitting.

I see no reason to not refrain from bringing this to the attention of the person crossing that line or to the management of that institution.

What is your button?

I didn't know that calling a couple of people "guys", was disrespectful. I do it all the time, guess I learned something new today. Thanks guys :D

John

OP
OP
S

stefen

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
stefen said:
What is your button?

In your Face Fundamentalist Extremist Born Again Christians... >:(

Thanks stefen...Did you buy a new car ... ???

Nick

Yep.

Cristina bought a new Mazda 3, metalic red with tan interior, with a 5 speed tranny.

Her 1st new car and has a smile a mile wide.

The sales manager of a local ford dealer spent 4 hours with her and treated her like a queen. Tough sell and only made $100 above dealers invoice.

Love that smile.

RETREAD

Dec 16, 2007
Slick, pal, buddy, amigo, hoss, guy, friend, or just about anything else. If you don't know me, and want to find out what I want, ask.

OP
OP
S

stefen

Heard one person say that you could call him anything except late for dinner.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Last time I went to a Honda dealer they wanted me to give them money to be put on a list to try their car.

Woman teller in bank asked if "WE" had an account there. "Honey".
I said "I don't know about you, but I sure don't".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?
A woman can Call me anything she wants.

However as long as a guy Dosn't call me Hunny or Sweet cheeks I'm fine :D

although "Pops" & "Sir" Do irritate me

I would never call anyone "Pops" or "Sir"

I prefer to call them "Excuse Me ?"

Or if they wear a Name tag I call them by name,
but ignore the title if on it.

Example.
If the Name tag says "Major Pain" I'd just say "Pain ?"
Or maybe " Massa ?" if I'm trying to be rude

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I don't mind the slang term "guys" or whatever else in casual company... but in a business situation like sales, or banking, it should be professional very respectful - period.

I hate any store that instructs it's staff to call me by my first name after seeing my debit card or check.

The generations in general have lost formality in dealing with others... it seems wrong somehow.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Montana Jim said:
I don't mind the slang term "guys" or whatever else in casual company... but in a business situation like sales, or banking, it should be professional very respectful - period.

I hate any store that instructs it's staff to call me by my first name after seeing my debit card or check.

The generations in general have lost formality in dealing with others... it seems wrong somehow.

I can't say as that has happened to me Jim.
I have had them thank me and refer to me as Mr (my last name)
But never by my first name. I think that would set me off.
I am at a loss when the kids at any store refer to me as "Sir"
and don't know what to think when (after a hard day) I stop at KFC to pick up dinner and they give me a Senior Discount.
I guess when I'm tired I must look awfully old to these kids. LOL
Usually I am treated with respect.

there is another thing that really bugs me though.
When I go into a store I really like the idea of a sales person asking me if I need help finding anything.
I can't tell you how many times I have been in places that The only employee I see is the cashier, and they aren't even courteous.

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
when people much older than me call me "mam" i am only 36 and every time i go into one store an older lady my guess shes late 60's calls me "mam" and when i go to micky dees the teen agers call me honey like i am 5 . i should be the the one to call the lady "mam" and noone from mc donalds should call me honey.

OP
OP
S

stefen

When someone addresses you in a manner that is irritating, disrespectful or condescending, bring it to their attention immediately.

If they slight you, then at least have the backbone to bring it to their attention, which hopefully, will let them know that they are out of line.

If you do that and some teenager replied with 'Whatever', a body slam to the pavement wouldn't be out of order ;D A 2 X 4 between the eyes would be too gentle. Just kidding!

S

Smee

kawalabear said:
when people much older than me call me "mam" i am only 36 and every time i go into one store an older lady my guess shes late 60's calls me "mam" and when i go to micky dees the teen agers call me honey like i am 5 . i should be the the one to call the lady "mam" and noone from mc donalds should call me honey.
"Mam" or "Sir" is a term of respect (in the south anyways) and we were always taught that in a "business situation" that this is the proper term of address for ANYONE you may be serving . . . 66, 36, or even 16. It has NOTHING to do with age, and everything to do with courtesy. It is a way of showing respect in a civil society.

It took me a long time to become used to being called "Mister", because the only "Mister" in our family was my dad. Made me feel old until I realized that it was simply a way of being cordial.

As for calling a woman or man "Honey", that should be reserved for their parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents and their "significant other". It is NEVER the right term in any RESPECTABLE business situation.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kids in stores calling me by my 1st name when they dont know me.

And people comming in where I work calling me hey sweetheart or I'll be back babe and darlin can you hold this for me! then I'll give ya a quater for this. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread