Yankee Stadium
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2005
    good ole Tennessee
    Tesoro Silver Sabre U Max
    7 times

Yankee Stadium

What has happened to this country when it come to preserving our history? At the end of the 2008 season,Yankee stadium will be leveled.........Why? So much baseball history has been made there. Why destroy it? Even though I'm not a Yankee fan I still respect the history the teams of old have made. Destroying the stadium would be like destroying the White House. So long "the house that Ruth built" soon you'll be remembered only in pages.
    John 3:16

us
    Mar 2007
    sw Pa.
    8 times

Re: Yankee Stadium

I agree & think preserving it would be best. More than likely, they will put in a stadium with plenty of
    private corporate boxes & other ammenities that make more money, but do nothing for the real
    baseball fans. They did this same thing in Pittsburgh when they demolished 3 Rivers Stadium. Then they
    name after the highest corporate bidder. (more money) We now have 'Heinz Field & PNC Park' instead of
    3 Rivers Stadium & Forbes Field.
    The Truth is Always Politically Incorrect

Jul 2006
    1 times

The Yankees are so 20th century........ It's all about the Red Sox now baby!!

Live In The Now!
    Eat, Sleep ,Fish

Feb 2008

I believe they will actually be using the property that Yankee Stadium sits on now for parking for the new stadium. That's the latest thing I heard at least. The new stadium will actually resemble the old stadium in many ways, with the playing field dimensions being exactly the same as the old Yankee Stadium. This is being done so that the players will not have to readjust to a new playing field with new dimensions. Hopefully.............

us
    Mar 2007
    sw Pa.
    8 times

Yea, we used to have free parking, now they charge about $15 to $20 to park.
    Tailgating has been reduced to only a certain area. IMO, the money-grabbers
    have ruined the fun. I now refuse free tickets & won't wear pro-team clothing,
    I won't donate to their cause. Switched my loyalties to the kids teams & high
    school sports.
    The Truth is Always Politically Incorrect

Sponsored Links