Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might need a DVD drive instead.

Good luck
Steve

S

Smee

SamsSon said:
I get the picture okay but the sound breaks up.

If you are just copying the video to the CD as in file copying, it will never work in a DVD player. It must be put into a format that the DVD player can understand. Nero's "NeroVision Express 2" is a freebie that will allow the creation of DVDs or SVCDs and even has a few effects to dress it up.

The speed of the "memory card" in your camera does make a difference. If the sound problem occurs while playing back from the camera or from the hard drive of your computer, that is usually a sign that your card is not fast enough to record full frame video and audio. Try to upgrade if that is the case.

If you are talking about only after recording the movie to CD (as in Super Video CD) then I would suggest getting another program for creating those discs. Many will disagree with me, but again, Nero's "Nerovision Express 2" works pretty well in my opinion (and this free version comes with many DVD burners). I have produced several DVDs using that program.

I would also suggest upgrading to a DVD burner (as the previous poster said) since they are now so cheap. Many DVD recorders can be purchased for under $40.00 at places like http://www.newegg.com. Installation is extremely easy even for beginners. If you're going to do video, it is much better quality than the SVCD option mentioned above.

OP
OP
S

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
Smee said:
SamsSon said:
I get the picture okay but the sound breaks up.

If you are just copying the video to the CD as in file copying, it will never work in a DVD player. It must be put into a format that the DVD player can understand. Nero's "NeroVision Express 2" is a freebie that will allow the creation of DVDs or SVCDs and even has a few effects to dress it up.

The speed of the "memory card" in your camera does make a difference. If the sound problem occurs while playing back from the camera or from the hard drive of your computer, that is usually a sign that your card is not fast enough to record full frame video and audio. Try to upgrade if that is the case.

If you are talking about only after recording the movie to CD (as in Super Video CD) then I would suggest getting another program for creating those discs. Many will disagree with me, but again, Nero's "Nerovision Express 2" works pretty well in my opinion (and this free version comes with many DVD burners). I have produced several DVDs using that program.

I would also suggest upgrading to a DVD burner (as the previous poster said) since they are now so cheap. Many DVD recorders can be purchased for under $40.00 at places like http://www.newegg.com. Installation is extremely easy even for beginners. If you're going to do video, it is much better quality than the SVCD option mentioned above.

WOW! Thanks Hemisteve and Smee!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions