POLL: Are U a Moderate or Extrememist?

Are you a moderate or extreme liar when it comes to detector depth?

• Moderate - Never more than 30% exaggeration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderate Moderate - no more than 40%

• Moderate Extremist - 50%

• Extremist - 60%

• Extreme Extremist - the sky’s the limit

• Total voters

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Thompy said:
i try to be as accurate as possible, i see no reason to stretch the truth, serves no purpose

Ditto ... Thompy your a Righteous Dude ... :thumbsup:

~ Nick ~
cant lie in TNET to many smart people here. ::)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: ! don't even go the 30% i tell it like it is when i said that the $69.00 American hawk detector was picking up the same as my MXT & Sovereign ..& X-Terra 70..Ace 250...that was the truth and if i had one of those God Built almighty Explorers it would have matched it. All in your mind that any VLF will go so much deeper than another ... :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: even the joker knows that... :icon_jokercolor:...The reason i like the Sovereign so much it is easy to learn and i dig a whole lot less junk with it ............ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :coffee2:........Well i hate to say this but my..Infinium...will go deeper than the other detectors i spoke about i'm not lying... :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: My Infinium will go deeper than the .......God Built Almighty...Explorer....Oh Yes it will......

OP
OP
S

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
Jim Hemmingway said:
SamsSon,

I'm with Thompy, and he's an honest man. So am I. When I provide results of any kind, you can be damn sure the information is accurate for my ground and not assailable. If you don't like those results, test the unit yourself before you criticize...then we'll see what you've got to say. That's vindication enough.

There is simply no need to exaggerate your unit(s) capability as some folks seem to do...to what purpose? Depth capability is only a part of successful detector operation anyway, so where does the BS end...spread a lot of horsepoop about the other operating parameters/build quality as well?

Most of us neither work for these manufacturers or are connected in any way, so why kid yourself and more to the point...others too...especially the newbies who rely on us for quality information and might not recognize the difference even when done "tongue in cheek"? It's a lose lose scenario and absolutely pointless; do you want to be viewed as someone whose word means integrity and matters...or not?

It's hard enough to sort out the quality information on these forums without anyone deliberately spreading misinformation.

Jim.

Good post man! I actually agree with you. But I think you figured that.

OP
OP
S

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
Thompy said:
ive found a few deep items ,but generally 98% are 3" or less, but still want that deep machine

WOW...you mean you dig those awesome Copper Culture 6000 year old goodies like 3 inches deep?

This doesn't surprise me either. I've heard this from others.

Sam

OP
OP
S

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
Gadabout - Jim said:
:icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: ! don't even go the 30% i tell it like it is when i said that the $69.00 American hawk detector was picking up the same as my MXT & Sovereign ..& X-Terra 70..Ace 250...that was the truth and if i had one of those God Built almighty Explorers it would have matched it. All in your mind that any VLF will go so much deeper than another ... :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: even the joker knows that... :icon_jokercolor:...The reason i like the Sovereign so much it is easy to learn and i dig a whole lot less junk with it ............ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :coffee2:........Well i hate to say this but my..Infinium...will go deeper than the other detectors i spoke about i'm not lying... :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: My Infinium will go deeper than the .......God Built Almighty...Explorer....Oh Yes it will......

Hey I've read your posts here long before signing on. Always neato stuff.

So, if I'm reading you right you're saying all VLF machines really get about the same depth? If that's what you're saying then I agree with you. Given the same size and type of antenna (coil) they all are basically the same. Some of those junky cheap Chinese units can match the biggest brands today. VLF has run it's course and has run out of track.

So you like the Infinium? How much deeper is it than your GT?

I've been playing with that worthless piece of Chinese crap called the model 1023. I paid like $60 for it new off ebay last Christmas. It beats the heck out of my Silver uMax and even my GT. But out away from trash the GT is deeper due mostly to a larger coil than the 1023 has.

I took my crap 1023 detector out today and dug about 8 coins from a spot my Tejon and GT couldn't get a beep at.

OP
OP
S

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
Hmmm, did you want to change your vote? Maybe from Moderate to Moderate Extremist? Cheap China crap beating out Tesoro Silver uMax? No way!!! By the way, you need to add one more classification.....Full-fledged Bull Flinger. Some members of TreasureNet (who shall remain nameless-for now) won prizes for telling the most outlandish treasure stories a year or two ago....they surpassed all the categories you've offered. ;D

LOL ;D My, I'll bet you earn some real brownie points with this comment. ;D

How can you judge what I wrote when you've never even tried the unit? Do you have some sort of magical powers? Maybe you're just "all-knowing?"

No one machine does it all and the little 1023 is no exception. In high trash areas it does better than any of my Silver series detectors. But, in other areas and with different coils the Silvers are better (at least deeper).

Also like I've written many times, the GT is my favorite all-round machine. But in areas where the trash runs about every 6 inches apart I'll go for the little 1023. Down to about 6 inches it's great.

I don't like China anymore than anyone else here but I don't really care where the 1023 is made. I look at it as just another machine and I judge it by it's own merits.

So, until you actually use the 1023, maybe you had better be a little more careful about what you write?

I did this thread mostly for humor but also to get all of us to think about our depth claims. I didn't do it to cause trouble.

Take care.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Does it count if I dig 12 inches to get a coin that was only 2 inches down but I missed by a fraction of an inch on the way down? ???

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
savant365 said:
Does it count if I dig 12 inches to get a coin that was only 2 inches down but I missed by a fraction of an inch on the way down? ???
You might have dug 12 inches but i bet it kept falling in deeper as you dug it was not that deep when you got the hit.......................

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
SamsSon im still looking for my first real copper culture item, all ive found is a pounded copper disc about 1.5 in dia. not even close to being good enough

OP
OP
S

SamsSon

Jul 11, 2008
Thompy said:
SamsSon im still looking for my first real copper culture item, all ive found is a pounded copper disc about 1.5 in dia. not even close to being good enough

Hi Thompy, I don't know you personally but I can tell by your posts I'd like you. You're a good egg.

What you need to do is get in contact with somebody who has a good spot. Some of these guys are great and they will share. There are lots of artifacts out there but the good stuff comes from certain locations. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack without somebody to help direct you.

I can tell you'll make the finds. Just don't give up.

Best to you buddy but I'm leaving TN. I've been here a short itme and already have about a dozen enemies! ;D And that's funny cause I'm really such a nice guy! ;D

Take care.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am an extreme moderate, so I voted extremist! Monty

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I decided not to vote as I don't use an MD enough to make a comment.
Only enough to confirm a find....
Depth is a moot point. It must be accurate or very close at least as far as the detector goes.
I am more concerned about the detector lying to me.
If the target is at 16.5 feet, I don't want the detector telling me it is at 14feet.

I never dig farther than I need to,
When I do I wouldn't talk about it, ever, to anyone.
So I guess the answer isn't on your poll.
We don't lie about it at all.

Thom

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Im pretty new here and have only been out a few times detecting due to health problems or lack of time.
I have no reason to lie to anybody here about anything.
But I sure like this place due to the fine folks who post here.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread