Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: "WATCH THIS, IT'S IMPORTANT! This literally could save your life

Thanks for the information! My wifes High performance tires on her Cobra
were bought 2 months ago at Walmart and were made in 2001.

Johnny Bravo

Nov 2, 2006
WI

Thanks for the link, never knew that. They do make the sidewalls rather hard to read, had a fun fight trying to get new tires for my car. I do think this is something that's very dependent on the company that makes the tire and what performance level the tire was made for. I just put new tires on my chevelle, as they said how to read it, the tires I did have on there were 14 years old and boy they have seen a ton of abuse from me during the time I had the car. Given the age of the tires I could tell the sidewalls weren't doing to well and were starting to crack and wouldn't hold air over the winter months. I'm old enough to know better but young enough to not to care :wink:, but this is what my 14 y/o tires look like after I had my fun with them. I should note the new tires I bought, four of them are form '07 and one from '08.

Attachments

• P8072846.jpg
    P8072846.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 133
  • P8072848.jpg
    P8072848.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 132
  • P8072843.jpg
    P8072843.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 142

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I was at a Walmart this week when a lady came in with her car, that she just put new tires on 6 months ago (bought at walmart) they originally sold them to this lady without DOT numbers on the tires. They had been ground off. I had to stick my nose in, I told her to call the DOT and inform them of what happened and to get pictures of them on her car. the guy behind the counter said they didn't come from walmart, even though she's standing in front of him with the receipts in her hand.
talk about trying to screw the public and put them in danger

T

The.Boomer

Thanks Strawboss, need to know info for sure. Just another example of greedy corporate behavior at the risk of human lives, the whole thing makes me sick. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread