Have you lived BEFORE? (Past life?) Tell us about it!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings friends,

Do you have "memories" of what can only be a prior life, a previous existence? Reincarnation is widely believed to be real in several religions and among non-religious folks - and it makes sense in several ways. Tell us about your previous lives, at least what you can remember of them! Thank you in advance,
your friend,
Oroblanco

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA amigo!

Maybe we need a “seed” story just to let folks know this thread is not just some kind of a “trap” to lure someone into being ridiculed. I will qualify this by saying that I don’t know if I can believe in reincarnation, nor if my own “memories” are real memories or just my imagination.

The most clear memory of some kind of a “past life” that I have, is of being a soldier in the Carthaginian army during the time of Hannibal. I cannot remember every detail, but some things do stand out like the terrible crossing of the Alps (I described this in another thread, if anyone is curious) and riding horseback many days over all kinds of terrain. The evening meals were something that perhaps most people today would not imagine – for each squad would eat together, cooking dinner over a campfire rather like a camping trip. Most times there would be roast pork and beef, along with whatever vegetables could be bought from local people, washed down with plenty of beers and wines; during hard times it was nothing but a kind of “porridge” of cooked wheat or barley. Why would this stick in memory? I don’t know. I can “recall” being sent to Carthage along with Hannibal’s brother (also a general, named Mago) to request reinforcements, supplies and money right after the great battle of Cannae, which was rather “high drama” and my shock when some of the senators (led by one Hanno, a rather nasty individual) were very much against the war.

How can one “prove” that a prior life existed? I thought I might be able to do this, by “remembering” some information that would prove it, such as the name of Hannibal Barca’s wife (Imilcea, a dark-haired Iberian beauty) but later on a little research found this information in a book - so this proves nothing.

I can “recall” other lives in other times, but would sooner read the stories of others – so please share your story amigos, we can’t prove or disprove reincarnation by them but I have a reason for asking. There is a theory that we are somehow drawn to the places and things (also activities) we lived in past lives, which would explain a lot especially when it comes to treasure hunters! I look forward to reading your replies, and again thank you in advance… <edit - added this> I promise that I won't think you are "nuts" if you tell me you lived before!
Your friend,
Oroblanco

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I may not fully believe in reincarnation ...but I do have my own theory...
If a person can carry genes from ancient relatives...why not memory cells?

Take a famiy who has no redheads for years in their family....and then presto...a redhead is born that looks like the spitting image of great-great grandfather....Why cant memory cells be passed from generation to generation? Dejavu?....Maybe not....maybe you think you have been somewhere before because your "memory gene" is telling you that..... :icon_scratch:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't believe in reincarnation but the memory gene does sound plausible to me. I bought a puppy of a breed that pointed when it saw prey. My puppy had never saw it's parents point but every time it saw a bird or some other small animal it would point. People say it is bred into them and I believe that. It seems like the only way that could occur is that a memory gene or what ever you want to call it had to be passed on to the puppies. I would guess genes of the like are passed on to humans also.

Great thread Oroblanco. I'm not saying you are making anything up because there is plenty out there that I know is real and don't understand it either. I have always been interested in the subject. I'll be keeping track of the responses.

DANGLANGLEY

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Do have memories, at times, of being
a peanut, (Arachis Hypogaea), in another life.

They are good memories.

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi there , Friend, good thread. It will probably bring some very interesting reading. Although I can't think of any particular experience of my own to add, I still like to read about stuff like this. One thing that comes to mind is the case of "Bridey Murphy" that was big in the news several years ago. Under hypnosis she told about a lot of things and places that were long before she was born. After alot of investigation some of them proved to be true and the places actually did exist at one time. They were in far off places where she had never been. Do you or anyone else remember reading about her?
Your name, Oroblanco, means white gold, right? Good title for a mder.
Gypsy, The sugestion of memory genes might be a good explanation for some of unexplainable
things. Sounds reasonable.
I'll be keeping an eye on this too, to see what comes up on it.
Ray
karenray08

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Hmmm , Interesting theory Gypsy . I might could buy that . Physical traits can definately be passed down & our brain is a part of our physical body so maybe so . I don't think that would be what reincarnation is usually defined as but a very interesting theory .

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I don't know about other past lives, but I've felt like I've lived parts of this life before. Too bad I only get feelings of deja vu and not premonitions that I can use.... :wink:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy Heart said:
I may not fully believe in reincarnation ...but I do have my own theory...
If a person can carry genes from ancient relatives...why not memory cells?

Take a famiy who has no redheads for years in their family....and then presto...a redhead is born that looks like the spitting image of great-great grandfather....Why cant memory cells be passed from generation to generation? Dejavu?....Maybe not....maybe you think you have been somewhere before because your "memory gene" is telling you that..... :icon_scratch:
i think your right. deep thinking :thumbsup:

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Good topic... nobody has really admitted to experiencing anything yet - I was hoping to read about it!  I am so far a one-time good deal... or at least first time.

Just the same - interesting and curious.  I like Gypsy's theory... very cool.

On a lighter note, I have had feeling on VujaDay before... the feeling that that has never happened before!  :icon_scratch: 

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
I think the memory gene could well be a plausible theory, I don't know how anyone could research or prove it however. Mind you new discoveries are made every day.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA amigos,

WV Hillbilly wrote:
We all know where babies come from so how would your theory of reincarnation work ? The same person being born over & over to different sets of parents ? As far as I know there is no one on earth that wasn't born as a baby & had a father & a mother . Not poking fun at you at all , just curious how your theory would work .

To be honest, I don't know how it would work. There are theories, such as that "souls" travel to a "heaven" where they await being "recycled" into a new human. Of course this would depend on our having "souls" and that a "heaven" would also exist, perhaps in another dimension, which is not quite so far-fetched as even science says there are probably at least six other dimensions which we are not able to detect, including one of "smallness" in which the entire universe fits into a space no larger than a walnut.

We human beings are at our cores "electrical beings" - that is our thought patterns, brain waves, nerve impulses etc are entirely electrical impulses. The only actual difference between a dead human and a live one is the electrical impulses. Science also states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only changed in form. So what exactly happens to the electrical energy within a human body at the moment of death? Where does it go, and what is it converted into? Nature abhors waste, having a use and re-use for virtually everything - so it is entirely logical for the electrical energy of a human "soul" (if you will allow my use of this term to describe an energy field made up of brain waves and nerve impulses) to be RE-used, and logically this would be to re-use it in another 'crate' (body) otherwise it requires a continual creation of new electrical energy fields ("souls") that then are simply wasted into .... a void?

That does not mean that every human must then be reincarnated of an earlier human, in fact new "souls" would need to be created as there are more humans now than ever in our history - of course over the vast span of history, man has been around a very long time and the number of our ancestors probably exceeds the number on Earth today.

As to how this would work, on death the "soul" is freed of the no-longer-needed body, and would be able to travel very easily, perhaps meet with other deceased relatives/friends etc until it is time to be re-born.

Karenray08 wrote:
Hi there , Friend, good thread. It will probably bring some very interesting reading. Although I can't think of any particular experience of my own to add, I still like to read about stuff like this. One thing that comes to mind is the case of "Bridey Murphy" that was big in the news several years ago. Under hypnosis she told about a lot of things and places that were long before she was born. After alot of investigation some of them proved to be true and the places actually did exist at one time. They were in far off places where she had never been. Do you or anyone else remember reading about her?
Your name, Oroblanco, means white gold, right? Good title for a mder.

HOLA amigo and thank you for the kind words. I do recall seeing a special on TV (satellite) a few years ago about a woman who recalled many details of a prior life through hypnosis, which were then field-checked and proven to be correct - however I don't remember if her name was Murphy. (Great memory I have - elephants trudging through glaciers, the names of ancient people clear as can be - but something a few years back - gone! ;D ::) :D)

You are correct about my nickname meaning, (thanks too by the way) it was the least offensive nickname ever tacked on me, so I picked that one instead of such things as I cannot post in a family forum! :o ::) :-\ :-[ ;D :D My real name is no secret, anyone can find me.

How could someone prove they have memories of a prior life? Like I mentioned earlier, recalling names, places etc that you can then "prove" are correct by finding them in a book only proves that you could have obtained those names from the books. If you recall a name that is not in the books, there is no way to confirm it is correct. So in my opinion, there is no good way to prove this - though the Buddhists would take exception to my logic here.
Oroblanco

PS Here is some of what I posted in another thread, for your entertainment, about crossing the Alps with Hannibal:

Cactusjumper wrote:

Nice post. I especially liked the part about crossing the Alps with Hannibal. Were you one of the lucky ones who actually lived through it?

<grin> ;D Well I should have expected that, and thank you. (Even I get lucky once in a while with a string of words) The “memories” of various past lives are not much more than flashes and occasionally in dreams, so could very well be nothing more than a product of my imagination. If it is real memories, I can tell you what I do “recall” of that crossing - it was a nightmare in every way. We had good woolen capes that also served as “sleeping bags” but they were not warm enough and would get wet during the day as we hiked through the snows. At night we could not find enough wood for fires to even get dry and many men lost fingers and toes. Some of the men burned their fence posts, which were intended for the camp fence and they got beaten for it. As darkness set in, the skies would clear off and the temperatures would plummet, but by morning the sky was grey again. In the mornings we would find men frozen to the ground and had to leave them where they lay, covering them with nothing but snow. The Sun rarely appeared and the tops of the mountains were often shrouded with mists, in which were hiding savage barbarians who sought to kill anyone who strayed from the columns but rarely would stand to fight. The mountains seemed to stretch up into the sky, and cresting the passes only showed yet more steep and treacherous mountains ahead. The trail became a hard-packed sheet of ice from the tramping of thousands of feet, and men and animals often simply fell to their deaths and there was nothing we could do. The elephants, horses and mules were starving and everyone believed we were lost and doomed. Hannibal would cheer us and encourage us when we were ready to give up and turn back, always promising that he would “find a way, or we will make one”. In the end, we did have to make our own road for we could not find the path leading down into Italy. Crossing the Alps was much worse than crossing the Pyrenees, and when we got down, it was only the beginning. I have often wished that I could return, and see if I could find the path we marched that awful winter. I could go on with the incident in the Senate in Carthage, when Mago put the lie to senator Hanno by dumping baskets full of Roman legionary rings but it would test your patience as well as your sense of humor.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Roy,

I'm not so sure I am willing to go for the reincarnation theory yet.
But I will admit that I have had the Dejavu experiences all my life.

the most common seems to be when I am out cruising the woods or the desert.
Come upon a place I know I have never seen before ...
and seem to know in advance every twist and turn, every little nuance about the place.
It happens a lot, I don't know why.

I just go with it, it is kind of fun
and it has kept me from getting lost many times.

Thom

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I guess I'll risk the ridicule...

I've had 2 things in my life that have made me wonder. One was a dream, took place in a *very* arid land, and the other happened as I watched a miniseries (Holocaust). To this day, I remember that dream.

And I'll never forget my reaction to the miniseries. It felt as if I was remembering this one scene, because I was seeing it in color. On a black & white tv.

that's about it.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a proponent of reincarnation. The Asian religions are big on this topic and even pinpoint the date and city of the next Dalai Lama's birth and then go there and find the kid (the Dalai Lama is, I guess, the same soul each time in a different body). When the kid is old enough they quiz him and the right one knows things about the previous Dalai Lama's life. There are some very good books out there concerning children that remember almost everything about their past life. Kids seem to be able to remember these lives since the world hasn't obscured their ability to experience these types of thoughts/memories. This link has some good info with other related links:

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa032502a.htm

Before the First Council of Nicaea in 325 where Roman Emperor Constantine I decreed what was to be in the Bible, and what was to be left out, there were several passages in which Jesus spoke of reincarnation...they were left out because, in my opinion, the church wanted a population that could be controlled by fear. After all, if you were living your "one and only life" you better heed the church and live it correctly or be doomed to hell for eternity. If reincarnation was accepted it would mean that a life of sin might set you back, but you could come back and try to get it right.

There is a huge amount of literature out there on this subject by respectable researchers. As far as I'm concerned it's a given. I don't have any memories of past lives and I haven't undergone past-life regression hypnotherapy, but I have had a couple of out-of-body experiences. I won't go into it except to say that if you ever have one you will not fear death and that you will live with the certainty that your conciousness does not need a body to exist.

I guess I would expect some flamage for this, but if you look into the research with an open mind you might be surprised.

Here are some links for "Genetic Memory"...

http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/savant_syndrome/savant_articles/genetic_memory
http://www.cyjack.com/cognition/Genetic Memory.pdf

TBGO

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cache Crazy said:
An out-of-body experience is not reincarnation.

Didn't say it was. However, it does raise the question that, if your conciousness does coninue to exist when you die, what does it do? where does it go? You must admit that if reincarnation is real that the soul or conciousness must continue to exist after death in order to be born again.

TBGO

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does this qualify? I have 2 daughters one looks like me and the other like my brother( no Jokes ). The one that looks like my brother also has many of his traits. At times its scary because my brother lives far away and she only sees him twice a year. She laughs like him, gets angry like him and is a rebel just like him. The most obvious thing she does like him is losing her car keys. I think maybe Gypsy is on to something on the memory gene.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread