Tropical Update - Live

Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
Didn't know where to post this but thought this would be cool. Tropical Storm Fay is heading my way and i thought that it would be interesting to be in the Chat room and have a post to give pictures and live updates on the storm as it hits. Right now it's supposed to be in my immediate area Tuesday morning. Let me know if it would be interesting for you folks - of course, as long as it stays on its current course.......

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
Hurrican Watch in effect to Bonita Beach. Weather right now is absolutely beautiful. Looks like storm will hit early Tuesday morning as strong TS or minimal Hurricane. Heading to the grocery store this morning and putting the shutters up tonight if it stays on the current path. Pulled the generator out this morning. Not worried about damage to the house but more just losing power for a few days. Also storm surge......house sits at elevation 8 across from the water.

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
Just finished putting the shutters up, filling all of the gas cans and cars, jet ski, etc. with gas. Grocery stores were almost empty of water, bread, etc. Latest advisory has the storm as a minimal hurricane when it impacts Florida, but it's moved a little farther west. We'll still get the effects, but maybe not a direct hit now. But it's still too early to tell. Regardless we're ready.

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
Fay is a pain in the butt storm. Each storm update had the path moving around. Further west, the back east, back west, back east. regardless, we are in the middle of the path so we're getting hit regardless. It's just a matter of which side of the storm we're on. If it goes more inland and we're on the western side then lower winds, less rain, and lower storm surge. If we're on the eastern side, higher winds, more rain and higher storm surger. The latest path has it coming straight over me. The winds have picked up to 60 mph and could strengthen once it hits the warm waters of the Florida straights and the Gulf. First band of storms came in last night. More steady bands are expected to start this afternoon. House is ready. Once the storm really starts i'll post some pics as long as we have power.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there might be some nice beach hunting down there before long...Stay safe down there in Fla.

Attachments

• Fayyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
    Fayyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 194
OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
CNN is coming to town now. My bro-in-law is a CNN producer/storm chaser and will be riding the storm out on Fort Myers Beach. I may ride the storm out with him on the beach - if so, my updates will be top notch....

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Good luck Skull! I'll watch your reports.

LoL! I see SCH is already fixin to get him some reales soon as the sand is moved around a bit! Good idea!

Best
rmptr

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
Latest advisory just came out and it looks like a direct hit on Lee County/Fort Myers. State and local 'States of Emergency" are being declared. Keys are getting hit pretty good now. First bands are coming into our area now. The east coast looks like it's getting more rain now. Weather will start to deteriorate this afternoon.

Looks like i will be riding out the storm on Fort Myers Beach tonight with the CNN crew. I'll make my way over around 7:00 tonight once they get set up. As long they keep the bridge open that is.

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
Things are picking up now. The first storm bands are hitting the area and governments/schools are starting to announce closures for the rest of today and tomorrow.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Hurricane party in Ft. Meyers tongiht, 7pm?

was in the Keys after the last hurricane to hit that area...and most beaches were closed off, restricted, etc... to any and ALL Treasure Hunters.

Safe vibes sent to all in Fay's way!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Duvall St???

...yah, a couple young fellows... each tipping a cold one, one guys wearing a Tshirt, the other isn't wearing a shirt at all!

Fay on the way?
Yup, sounds like beer-thirty to me!

Not a clue if it's gonna get worse, but they aren't too concerned.
Neither was their dog, walking around wagging it's tail.

:icon_scratch:

Live cams are cool!
Thanks for posting them.

OP
OP
Skull and Crossbones
Jun 29, 2008
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Underwater PI
I used to work in the Keys (Marathon and Key West). A hurricane was just another reason to party. As for Fort Myers/Cape Coral right now, the rain bands are just outside. Can see the clouds building and it's dark on the horizon but no rain yet. Breeze is picking up a little.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just the men who don't wanna get their shirts wet

!!Copy of 1218275609.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread