Fae Fae Go Away

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Been in the house since Tuesday watching the rain come down. Fae is not moving much since yesterday. Since I am in the Central FL area, we are getting the southern bands of the storm now. They come by with rain and wind. They pass through, rain and wind stops. Then they come full circle and it starts all over again.

So far our area is not flooded, while others are stuck in their homes with 2 to 3 feet of water on their streets. The gound is saturated and we have a few trees down. Nothting that can not be delt with when Fae goes away.

I think Fae likes it here in Florida, she is now visiting Orlando, Disney World area. Figured out that Fae must be on vacation here, since she is spending a few days with us.

Once she leaves we will have quite a clean up ahead of us.

We have not lost power in our area or suffered any major flooding, yet. Thank God for that. Others are not as fortunate.

Gotta go watch the rain some more......

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Cynangyl said:
So glad you are safe Ray!! Keep us updated!

The rain is still coming and going, but it appears that the storm is on the move, finally. We hope to say good riddance to Fae by tomorrow, as far as my area of FL is concerned. The northern end of FL is still on Fae's agenda.

We needed the rain, but not all at once...sheesh....

Ray S

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
really glad to hear that it is on it's way...should have bought a pool and gotten it filled for free! :wink:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Six of one, half dozen of the other, Ray...

It is far too hot and dry, here on the left coast!

Best

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Managed to clear up the fallen tree limbs. One tree is not accessable yet. Fell over a ditch, full of water.

Wife found about three water stains on the east wall inside the house. Since that is the direction all the wind and rain was coming from, I am going to hope that it was wind driven rain that managed to get into the wall. No roof damage in any of the areas. One area is below a window and the other is on a wall but I think the wind may have blown the rain up under the eves. Will paint it over and wait for the next rain storm. If stains reappear I will get excited then, but not at the moment.

We came through a lot better than some folks. One street that I drive down on the way to a beach access had several houses with all their carpeting and furniture piled up outside next to the curb. Feel sorry for those folks. What a mess they must have inside their homes.

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread