Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm posting more than digging this week and it's because my gout is acting up. I feel like I have broken glass and roofing tacks between the bones in my right foot when I walk. I know about Naproxen, I know about the expensive cherry juice (which does really work over time), I know about the 5 gallon bucket full of ice water, which works (sort of). Does anyone else have it on here? And if so, what do you for your episodes? It's a beast. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

HH,
Ramapirate

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
Best thing in the world for dealing with gout is feresh blueberries or cherries or juice from them. I was dealing with a pretty bad episode of it abiut a year ago and started drinking the Blueberry pomegranit (sp?) juice they sell in produce sections of most stores and within a few minutes or an hour got incredible relief. Be careful though about excess sugar in your diet otherwise as it can often promote and intensify gout.

One other thought is that my wife bought me some pills through a natural or health food site that are made from cherries and they also helped, though the juice worked the fastest.

Mike

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You have my sympathy.

The only thing I could add to this would be to drink water like mad, and get off the Coca-cola (that's the hardest for me).

Hang in there, I hope it settles down soon for you,

Nan

OP
OP
Ramapirate

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks, it's got me pretty out of whack... Somebody whack me!

HH,
Ramapirate

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi, there Ramapirate,
I get it ocassionally on my left foot. It will swellup and gets so sore it is hard to walk.I've tried that cherry juice concetrate, also the blueberry. Neither one worked very well. Went to the doctor. He prescribed some stuff that works really well. Mine will usually start in the night, with no soreness at bedtime but by the next morning the ball of my foot will be swelled up and so tender. By night fall it'll really swelled. In the morning when it has started I'll take one of these capsules, another at night, and one the nexr morning. By nightfall the swelling and tenderness will be gone. The name of these capsules is indomethacin 50 mgcapsule myl,
it is generic for indocin 50mg capsule msd.
Maybe you can get your doctor to prescribe some for you.
Lots of luck. I know what you're going through. Its no fun.

Ray karenray08

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
I hsve also heard that drinking beer can cause gout. That was what I was kidded about at work
the first time I got it. They knew that I don't drink so they enjoyed kidding me about it.
Also like they mentioned here, drinking lots of water helps.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if it works on GOUT but it sure does for back pain and most other muscle related pains.

I use "Leg Cramp" (quinine) which is over-the-counter at Rite Aids. That stuff is a miracle drug when my low back really starts to act up.

I'd check with a doctor first though. Guinine was once as popular as aspirin but then they discovered it can have adverse affects with some people.

But still, they haven't banned it.

I rarely use it--only when I absolutely have too.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread