1853 Infield CW muskets in storage 130 years now for sale!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the info. Had to borrow this from another site cause I'm at work and don't have time to do my normally brillant writeup.

Anyway, I ordered one last night.

Badger

"The 1853 Infield musket was used extensively throughout the Civil War, but mostly by the Confederacy. These rifles were manufactured in England, and purchased by the North and the South. Hundreds of thousands were purchased from England. The musket I'm getting is the same, except it is coming from Nepal. It never saw service in the United States Civil War, but then again, it doesn't cost $6000 either. It's only $250. It has been in storage for over 130 years, protected by a layer of animal fat and 100 years of dirt and grime. These are clean'em yourself (battlefield pickups they call them)... well, they're not really battlefield pickups, they're just old, old muskets suffering from 100+ years of neglect. Mine should be here by the first part of next week. I will post pictures of it and continue to post pictures of the cleaning process until the cleaning process is achieved; and that will hopefully be a nice looking but antique Infield musket for my relic display. At the bottom is a short clip on CS Digger who ordered the same rifle. The movie is of him opening the box and inspecting it. There's a second movie (part 2) of him cleaning it and of it finished."

SC digger has a video on YouTube that shows one of these from opening the box to cleaning it.

This is totally cool! :thumbsup:

Here's a guy who posted pictures of his rifle:
http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53486

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
warsawdaddy said:
Hope your's turns out just as nice.What are they offering the Sharpe's for?

Didn't check on them.

I don't even want to check or there goes more money ;D

My rifle shipped out today. I sould have it by Monday. I plan to do a sort of mini SC digger video thing of my own for my own records.

Wish I could afford to buy one of everything left.

Badger

S

stefen

Lets see, its from Nepal and entombed in animal fat...ifs pork fat, I'd question the source.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
stefen not a hoax it is real i have had one for a while now they are great and they shoot to at least mine does i am taking it deer hunting this year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread