Nan/Nick &anyone else-RT66 Festival

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Nan/Nick &anyone else-RT66 Festival

This looks like it could be fun for us old timers!

You're invited to the First Annual St. Louis Route 66 Festival.

The event is being held on the historic Old Chain of Rocks Bridge – on both the Illinois and Missouri sides – on Saturday, October 4, 2008.

Two hundred classic cars will line the bridge deck, Route 66 authors and speakers, artists, food and merchandise vendors, music, an old-fashioned sock hop dance and even a "drive-in" movie showing of the classic “American Graffiti” on a giant, inflatable screen will take place during the day and evening.

The event runs from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m.

For more info, click on http://www.trailnet.org or dial 314-416-9930.

Questions, please feel free to contact me. I hope some of you can add this event to your fall travel plans.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Re: Nan/Nick &anyone else-RT66 Festival

I guess it intriqued me because in the early 50's,I hitch-hiked and drove the Mother Road many,many times and crossed that old Chain of Rocks bridge a thousand times and yes,I even attened sockhops.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man, wish it was a week later...oh well. We're riding part of Route 66 starting around Joplin, MO to Galena, KS area heading to CTH2. Gonna be fun, fun, fun.

:wink: RR

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

Route 66 in 1948 to 1956 was my path on any trip I needed to go visit, overseas or return. My best trip was meeting my wife to be in St.Louis and the next best was across Oklahoma to Joplin to get my 25 cent drivers licence renewed. The next was to go spend some time with my wonderful in-laws before going back overseas across OK to SEMO. To bad I cannot go to that festival, I know if any of you go you will love it. You may even keep going till you find out where it goes and enjoy the views.
Can you imagine MD'ING all the road shoulders of RT66 and lots of the old farm places.
Makes you wonder who were the great people that traveled that road and also who were the not so great. Gnewt

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used

in '48/49/50,my mother and step dad owned the Buster Brown Inn(motel/bar/restaurant) on '66' between Avilla and Carthage on the Spring River.Not there anymore and that section is rerouted,but many memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread