New Orleans Web cams

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Thanks for the link Jeff!
As a huge weather freak, trained Skywarn Spotter and ham radio operator, Ive been watching this storm for a while....on another forum the experts were telling me that when it hit Cuba...........it would die, yea right.
WxUnderground.com............a tip from my buddy in Florida who works in the Sherrifs Dept. of Broward Countys Command Center.
This site blows away the Weather.gov site in a blink of an eye.
Thoughts and prayers sent to all the folks who have to ride this monster storm out.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
bbqbull, as a fellow "weathernut", I can confirm that weather underground is pretty tight site :thumbsup:. Thanks to Jeff for the link to the cams, should be interesting. For anyone interested in weather, or actually helping the National weather service to fine tune the radar estimated rainfall and snowfall amounts, may I suggest becoming a volunteer for CoCoRaHS. CoCoRaHS stands for Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network. It's a mouthfull, but it is based out of the University of Colorado, and uses information from regular joe volunteers like myself who give daily precip reports from your home. It is obviously free to join, but you would probably need to purchase an acceptable rain gauge if you do not have one already. I know most states have a chapter, however I don't believe Ark. does yet (sorry arkhunter). Good luck and HH,, Gpurs...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There don't seem to be a whole lot from that area unfortunately.

But should be intresting if they don't go down

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
GPURS said:
bbqbull, as a fellow "weathernut", I can confirm that weather underground is pretty tight site :thumbsup:. Thanks to Jeff for the link to the cams, should be interesting. For anyone interested in weather, or actually helping the National weather service to fine tune the radar estimated rainfall and snowfall amounts, may I suggest becoming a volunteer for CoCoRaHS. CoCoRaHS stands for Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network. It's a mouthfull, but it is based out of the University of Colorado, and uses information from regular joe volunteers like myself who give daily precip reports from your home. It is obviously free to join, but you would probably need to purchase an acceptable rain gauge if you do not have one already. I know most states have a chapter, however I don't believe Ark. does yet (sorry arkhunter). Good luck and HH,, Gpurs...

Joined CocoRahs and have the reccomended rain gauge and report in daily.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great links Jeff thanks ----just yalked to RR and so when I saw this it was nice to see whats really goin on! All of the Cameras on street were stillworkin the only ones not were the last 4 on 5 on list I guess those were in business that have closed for now.

They've said its changing towards BR so ck there and the ones I cked are all down right now !

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
RiverRat ... report to us! How's the winds down there? Are you home or up here? I have some golf clubs for you! They're in a pretty red and blue vinyl bag!! (But Dan says they don't compare to his ... which is NICE leather!) Thanks, WSD!! ;D ;D

- Noodle

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to type and reply ASAP! Hang on to those bags, Noodle...I won't be golfing in a long time...goofing but not golfing. ;D

Hugs & kisses y'all

:wink: RR

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Noodle said:
RiverRat ... report to us! How's the winds down there? Are you home or up here? I have some golf clubs for you! They're in a pretty red and blue vinyl bag!! (But Dan says they don't compare to his ... which is NICE leather!) Thanks, WSD!! ;D ;D

- Noodle

If that is so - I won't tell RR that Dan switched bags!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread