23 year old soldier hurt in Iraq lived in my area.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings to all of you out there,
A twenty year old soldier, serving his second term, was injured Aug, 15 by an anti-tank explosive thrown at his vehicle in Iraq. He suffered second and third degree burns to 35%of his body and is being treated in a critical care
unit at Brooke Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. He has received skin grafts to his arms, hands legs and nose.
He may loose fingertips or whole fingers eventually. His parents dropped everything they were doing here to go down
to be with him.His dad reports that the Army plans to award Robert the Combat INfantry Badge and the Purple Heart, as
well as the Bronze Star of Valor in recognition of his efforts to rescue wounded soldiers during a January firefight.
At the time his got the call from the Army about their son, they were remodeling their house. They left the house only partly sided to head for Texas to be with him. I just heard a little bit about this in kind of a roundabout way last weekend. Then there was a writeup about him in the paper. A few of the guys from his church were decided to go to the
house and finish siding it for him. Although I never met either Robert or his folks I kinda felt duty bound since he was hurt in his service to our country (me included) I went to the house introduced myself and offered my help. I've done
a lot of siding work so it worked out really great as a couple of them had no experience at it . All in all everything
went pretty well. And the job was nearly finished by the end of the day. Sitting here reflecting on today's work gives
me a good feeling to have had the opportunity to help someone so deserving of it.

If there are any of you out there who would like to send this young soldier a card or note to help cheer him and let him know there are people who care, his name and address are as follows. He is paying severely for his willingness to serve.

SPC 4TH CLASS ROBERT L. WOLVIN
Brooke Army Medical Center,
4th Floor North
3857Roger Brooke Drive,
Fort Sam Houston,
San Antonio, Tx. 78234

Thank you for reading this and I wish all of you all of the best.

Ray karenray08

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our prayers are with Robert and his family and lets not forget about all the soldiers before and after him and their families. We owe them so much.

God bless
fcccdfed

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am so glad you were able to help Ray! We can never pay our military personnel back for all they have done and given up for us but we can sure make small payments whenever possible! Robert and his family will be in my prayers! Thanks for letting us know

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello Cynangyl, and FCCDFEd,

Thank you very much for the replies. Your prayers for Robert and his family are much needed and appreciated.

I agree with you 100% when yousay to remember all of our military, our law enforcement, and firefighters. They all need
our prayers and support. And 911 is not to be forgotten.

Best wishes to you both.

Ray karenray08

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread